2009.03.17 TRO - NEVER LOSE AGAIN!!

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

Don_xyZ

Postby Don_xyZ » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:08 pm

@genlogins
it seemed you have early XMAS there. where do you live? LOL

Happy early XMAS to you too.

PS: LOL to the post in your link. is that your hand drawing?
My threads

Patterns Observation
post148989#p148989

BONZ
post151670#p151670

MENTAL FORTIFICATION
post168148#p168148

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

stiltskin

Postby stiltskin » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:45 am

Hi all,

I am used to using a spreadbetting platform but have recently installed MT4.
I have downloaded the TRO-NLA file from the first post in this thread and unzipped it and want to make sure what I need to do next.

Do I copy and paste the file into C:, program files, Metatrader4, experts, indicators?

Any help would be appreciated.

Editing to add that I am using a demo account to test this and another system.

Humble

Postby Humble » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:34 am

Without knowing what's in the folder, yes.

If file has any templates (.tpl) you need to back up MT4 > Templates.

You need to open the mt4 software after you have added these files.
Is price closing higher or lower than something? Simple yet powerful question. ..MO

stiltskin

Postby stiltskin » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:43 pm

Thanks for the reply Humble.

Please excuse the ignorance and wrong terminolgy as this is new to me, I am a builder by trade.

I have a four questions that I would be grateful if someone could answer.

I managed to copy the files in the first post of this thread into MT4 and put the modified 3 level zz semafore and the TRO-NLA h1 tpl file onto a 1 hour chart of GBP-USD and put the TRO-Dynamic_FIBS-SR trial and TRO_NLA m15 tpl file into the 15minute chart of GBP-USD.

1) Are you using the same files from 17 March 2009 or are there updated ones?

2) Are there any other files you would suggest I look at using?

I gave it a go for a few hours tentatively and executed 10 trades.
9 winners and one S'L was hit for -18pips.
You experienced traders would have taken a lot more profit from those 9 wins but I was moving my stop loss up a few points at a time because I wanted to bank what I could.
I took 36 pips.

3) I did find that when the alert came up and I went to trade the price was already a few points away so I left it, is that what you do?

I thought if in doubt stay out but a couple of times I still would have been able to bank 5 pips even after entering later then the alert suggested.

4) Twice the opposite happened, the long/buy alert appeared and I immediately clicked to trade and and got in under the price, I assume this is OK to do and do not need to wait until the suggested price is reached?

Thats all for now TIA for any answers.

stiltskin

Postby stiltskin » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:35 pm

Started off well this morning with +40 pips took a lunch break and then kept getting stopped out almost wiping the winnings out. Ended up + 8 pips.

I really could do with a few pointers if anyone has the patience.

From reading a huge thread of TRO's on trade2win (I am on page 125 or 250ish) I saved what I thought were important points and printed them out.
Having a look at them today I see I have been ignoring the first rule.
"Only trade if there is a 1, 2, 3 semafor on the current or previous H1 candle. No exceptions". Because I was getting buy/sell alerts while viewing M15 charts I was acting on them without checking to see if there was a semafor on the H1 candle. (still worked well this morning).

So should I be ignoring the buy/sell alerts that pop up if there is no semafor on the H1 chart?
On EUR/USD ignoring the 1am and 3am when I was in the land of nod there were only 2 H1 candle semafors, one at 8am and the other at 5pm.

GBP/USD was a bit better with four, 10am, 11am 3pm and 4pm.

Should I stick rigidly to only considering a trade if there is a semafor on the current or previous H1 candle?

If the above criteria is met then I assume I still need to wait for the candle to cross the light blue (long) or pink (short) dotted line on the M15 chart before entering a trade, is that right?

genlogins

Postby genlogins » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:01 am

Don_xyZ wrote:@genlogins
it seemed you have early XMAS there. where do you live? LOL

Happy early XMAS to you too.

PS: LOL to the post in your link. is that your hand drawing?

Yes Don, that design is a composition of other designs.

I also have my own designs.

Thanks

genlogins

Postby genlogins » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:33 am

Stiltskin,

Answers:

1- Yes, if that is the latest one. Look at the motherloads or within this thread.

2- Use the ones that you are most comfortable with. Remember the more lines you have on the screen the more confusing you will be.

I have only the 3 level zz semafore, TRO-Dynamic_FIBS-SR, and bar timer.

Have a look at your SL, because TRO and others suggest to use a SL= 10 pips and not 18 pips.

3- In the beginning I use to get into trade as the sound alert went off, but I had a few losses.

Now I read the bars first, than take trade or not.

4- Just be careful with false alerts, that happens a lot if you use M1 also.

The Semafor is another confirmation to get in or out of a trade. But, be carefull as semafors move.

You don't need to ignore things, or enter on the dinamic fibs dots, you just need to see what price is doing. When you see what price does, you are more confident with enter or exit trades.

I suggest you to look at price movements for the hole mornings, or when your trading hours, for at least a few days.

You should take the +40pips of the morning and go for a walk or do something else different during the afternoon.

I only trade a few hours a day, and if I feel to trade, otherwise I just switch off the PC.

When I am loosing 2 trades and not feel good, I switch off the PC.

When I am winning and want more, and more, and MORE, AND MORE.......... than I just raise my finger to the power plug. (this is my best technique)

Remember that when you have the feeling of wanting to trade more and more, because you want to take more from the market. That is GREED.

Nothing wrong with greed as long as you understand the pros and cons of using it.

Enjoy trading.
================================================

The Way To Money Is Using Simplicity And Take Small Loses

stiltskin

Postby stiltskin » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:01 pm

Thanks a lot for the reply genlogins.

I am just using the TRO-DYNAMIC_FIBS_SR_Trail and the 3_Level_ZZ_Semafor_TRO_Modified_version.

Did try the SweetSpots Gold indicator but prefer it without at the moment.
I would be very gratful if someone has the link to the bar timer, it is not in the MT4 Motherload or TRO_ NLA folders I have.

I am using a demo spreadbetting account and the GBP/USD spread is 2 and EUR/USD is 1, apart from those 2 the other 8 pairs on the platform are too wide for this technique of trying to get a few pips.
AUD/USA and EUR/CHF 3, AUD/JPY 4 GBP/JPY 6.

Thanks for the tip about S/L I gave that a go this afternoon.
I was able to take many small pip gains but even with the 10 pip S/L they soon get wiped out, gradually claw them back and lose them again on S/L. Total = -1 on the day.

I have only tried using the H1 and M15 charts, should I look at toher timeframes?

The idea seems so simple but I must admit I still don't get it yet.
One minute I think I have grasped it and then realise when I try to put it into practice that I still don't SEE at all.

Funny thing is I found today on GBP/USD and EUR/USD if the H1 candle closed green, a short paid off on M15 and if the H1 candle closed red a long worked more often than not on the M15 rather than going with the colur of the closed H1 candle.

Going to try this for a few more days.

So basically it is OK to trade even if the candle that just closed on the H1 chart does not have a semafor.

vincentws

Postby vincentws » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:41 pm

Hi Stiltskin,

I put together a little document which shows the location of most, if not all, of the indicators referenced in the forums. This document covers the indicators up to Batch 18 of the 2010 donationals. Maybe you will find it helpful in looking for what you want.

http://kreslik.com/forums/viewtopic.php ... highlight=

Vincent

genlogins

Back from Xmas with Positive trades

Postby genlogins » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:47 pm

Hi all, I am back, and my first trades for the Year are positive.

A total of +15.8 pips without loses.

and another one

In fact this last trade price did not reach 20pips so I did not move the SL to BE+10.

Overall great day.

The Way To Money Is Using Simplicity And Take Small Loses

Return to “TheRumpledOne”