my first post here...

Test the forum functionality here. The messages posted into this testing forum may be automatically deleted and are not counted towards the forum members' post counts so don't post anything meaningful here :)

Moderator: moderators

BambinoFlex

Re: my first post here...

Postby BambinoFlex » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:06 am

Ah okay, you treat trading based on time and price. Time being the x axis and price being the y axis. Some call it range which would take into account the average movement on the y axis over the chosen period which would be the x axis.

Did I get it right or I’m way off lol
"If you're wrong, guess what...thats TRADING"

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:43 am

baddog4x wrote:i think that i was blacklisted because i was using my tor browser... the tor browser is used to access the darkweb primarily, but it can also be used legitimately for legitimate purposes.

a lot of websites dont work properly when using the tor browser, such as youtube which can simply refuse to play videos depending on which route the tor browser has selected for my current session.

i used to do website programming in C language.. i have written some fairly complex websites that consisted of up to 25k lines of code..

as i am on a boat right now, i dont have a landline telephone line nor do i have a cable internet connection or other standard web connection that others typically have when they are in a home or in an apartment, so i use my android's hotspot for my internet connection.

unless there is something that i have overlooked, it is pretty much impossible to host a website on my laptop that is using my android hotspot.

and so i found one sortof interesting use for the tor browser, and that is that it is possible to host a "DOT ONION" website on my laptop that is using my android hotspot.

i registered my domain name of http://baddog4x.com and have it do a redirect to my dot onion page of http://6z2nqyg7ftbvft2qitqwwhwg4rzrgg4tiddxg5clh6ipg2ptlxeh4iyd.onion/

it isnt a perfect system, it tends to need a reboot of the browser from time to time, but it provides to me a free dot onion url and i am able to host a website on my personal laptop without using some godaddy or whatever hosting system.

i fully intend to fully answer the questions that were presented to me up above, just give me a bit of time, cuz i move slowly.

i appreciate your fine work that you do in operating this site.

btw, this video is a huge part of my work as a trading systems engineer.

calculus animation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjLJIVoQxz4&t=1

my current trading position is: https://files.catbox.moe/5by1yy.png

try not to beat me up too badly if i dont win, lol.

thank you.

Please upload your photos, charts to kreslik.com. That way, they don't go away when another site vanishes.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

baddog4x

Postby baddog4x » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:16 pm

MY CURRENT LIVE ACCOUNT POSITION:

chart.png
chart.png (23.61 KiB) Viewed 6222 times

baddog4x

Postby baddog4x » Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:20 am

i do not do python and i do not do ruby, lol..

i am primarily a C language programmer.. C has never left me wanting for more as a programmer.. C always gets the job done. The only way to write code that will run faster is to write direct assembler(could be referred to as machine language), but that is not going to be portable like C is.

and C is pretty darned fast...

btw, the programming language that is built into metatrader 4 is pretty much plain jane straight C language with built in trading functions. It is a very nice language and it runs pretty darned fast.

They say that python takes approx THIRTY TIMES AS LONG to run code when compared to C.

no thanks.

when i was incarcerated in the early nineties, i served a small eight month sentence, and while i was in the jail i was employed as a C language programmer by a small home improvement company that was located in southwest houston texas.

I wrote three C language programs (by hand, on legal pads) for a client that was also a good friend while i was in the jail..

I had no chance to compile this code, I wrote it by hand, and i mailed it to him and he would type it in and compile it.

My largest program that i wrote for this client while i was incarcerated was 43.5 legal pad pages long..(double spaced)... It was a full featured database manager that had full on screen editing so that you could tab between the fields and you could also use the left and right arrow and you could use the delete key and the backspace key and of course it had a LARBE BLOCK BLINKING CURSOR.

With this database manager, my client could edit a flat file database that contained a dialing list for his fully automated outbound telemarketing computer that i had designed and built for him and his home improvement company. His company sold siding and windows, etc. He did pretty well for himself.. he always had nice lexus and pickup and he had a nice house with a lake and golf course in the back yard.

He wanted to be able to add records to the dialing database.. My database manager allowed him to create a record, edit a record, save a record, delete a record, and search for a record.

this database manager program had a FORM BASED ON SCREEN EDITOR.

I did this all on paper with not one chance to test compile it.

He paid me fifty dollars per week while i was locked up, that was the most that i could spend in the jail commissary, so i was living large with potato chips and snickers bars and soups, lol..

He also promised to pay me a $1,500 bonus on the day that i walked out of the jail, and he did precisely that.

prior to my getting locked up, I designed for this client a fully automated autodialer for his LIVE EIGHT STATION TELEMARKETING ROOM.. I plugged sixteen telco lines and eight telephones into a 286 10/12 megahertz pc clone using dialogic telephony boards..

I basically built a computer that ran a wargames dialer for his outbound telemarketing room operators. My computer did all of the dialing for the operators.. We decided between my client and myself that a ratio of sixteen telco lines to eight physical telephones would be a nice configuration.

when there was at least one person that had their telephone receiver off of the hook, all sixteen lines would start dialing... as additional operators would pull their phone receiver off the hook, my program would put them in line to take the next available call..

when the computer would connect a call to one of the operators, it would light up their screen with the name and number and address of the person that they were speaking with.

before i built this system, i sat in his phone room and timed how long it took for an operator to actually get a prospect on the phone, and it took some crazy amount of time something like ten minutes..

but when i turned on my autodialer system, and an operator would pull their receiver off the hook, it only took about seven seconds give or take for them to actually be speaking to a prospect on the phone. when i say that it only took about seven seconds to pick up the phone and be talking to someone, that was true even if there were eight operators working meaning that the phone room was fully occupied by the maximum of eight operators..

His phone room literally hopped with my autodialer.

so anyways, after i built this autodialer i got caught up in a mix and they rescheduled my rolodex for eight months and so while i was locked down i wrote a database manager for my client/friend's autodialer system.

when i got out of the jail and i rode a city bus to his office to pickup my $1500, and i saw that database manager running in his computer room... i was so happy.. that was beautiful.. i had only seen it in my mind and on paper.

-----------------------------

this following video(below) is a couple of minutes long, it demonstrates the TURBOC 2.0 FOR DOS which is one of my earliest C IDE from the early nineties. It is very similar to the C compiler that was used to compile the code that i wrote while serving time.

technically, the code that i wrote from jail was written to compile using the Microsoft QuickC for Dos, but this turboc is very similar and i like the demo video, so you get to see a demo of turboc and not ms quickc.

keep in mind that I wrote a 43.5 page(legal pad, double spaced) program in this language, entirely from memory, without any chance to compile it AND IT HAD TO BE PERFECT WITH NO ROOM FOR ERROR.

that, sir, was no small thing to do.

also, i just thought that i would mention that when i wrote these programs by hand on paper while in jail that i had only been writing C code for approx 1.5 years and that now i have a total of 38 years programming experience and have been coding C since 1991.

my first computer was an atari 400, which i upgraded to an atari 800 within a month, it had a grand total of 64k of memory, it had 90k 5.25 inch floppy drives that were as big as two loafs of bread.. I later paid an electronics guy to custom install 256k of memory and now i could run a ramdisk of up to 256k..

My first programming language was atari basic in 1983, and six months later i dabbled around with assembler.. In 1991 i purchased my first C compiler, Micorsoft QuickC for Dos.

I studied many things during this project.. when i decided to educate my self during this project, i designed my own curriculum.

I studied the following topics:

business
politics
economics
mathematics
science
Intelligence
belief systems
religion and war

as elective courses, i also studied sadism and masochism and bondage and slavery and dominance and submission.

and then i wrapped up by studying Dreams and Love and God.
most people are not focused to be able to understand that i have stalked this project as a predator for eighteen long and wonderful years.

my goal in this project has always been that i would produce a software and hardware solution to the trading equation that might be able to win the nobel prize in economics.

the most important thing for a trading systems engineer to do is to accurately calculate the target or mean price.

the second most important thing for a trading system engineer to do is to form a capable team.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:36 am

I had to ban baddog4x. They were not here to share and learn.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

cheunt3

Postby cheunt3 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:28 am

Posted by baddog4x

"....as elective courses, i also studied sadism and masochism and bondage and slavery and dominance and submission...."

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :D :D :D :D
MO "Don't try to predict what will happen next, simply aim to consistently apply your ideas."

cheunt3

Postby cheunt3 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:06 am

TheRumpledOne wrote:I had to ban baddog4x. They were not here to share and learn.

I wonder what fool's gold he was trying selling? He made a massive post, must have been half an hour,.talking about zip.
Last edited by cheunt3 on Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
MO "Don't try to predict what will happen next, simply aim to consistently apply your ideas."

BambinoFlex

Postby BambinoFlex » Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:10 pm

cheunt3 wrote:
TheRumpledOne wrote:I had to ban baddog4x. They were not here to share and learn.

I wonder fool's gold he was trying selling? He made a massive post, must have been half an hour,.talking about zip.

It did give off vibes of him trying to sell his coding skills to create an EA. If you’ve been working on an algorithm for almost 20 years, then you’re doing something wrong. You’ve already exceeded the average time a retail trader becomes profitable. Most likely he wanted a 100% win rate algorithm, since his photos showed expected profit but never showed his open risk, most likely since he traded without a stop loss or a very large one.

I’ve met another person with similar background (programming) and the psychology wasn’t as bad, but fairly similar. His belief was that trading was not a means for making money. That 2% a month is not realistic, etc… I think it stems from the fact that they believe themselves to be above many, so if anyone can make it, it’s them, and since they haven’t made it, then no one else can.
"If you're wrong, guess what...thats TRADING"

cheunt3

Postby cheunt3 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:31 am

BambinoFlex wrote:
cheunt3 wrote:

I wonder fool's gold he was trying selling? He made a massive post, must have been half an hour,.talking about zip.

It did give off vibes of him trying to sell his coding skills to create an EA. If you’ve been working on an algorithm for almost 20 years, then you’re doing something wrong. You’ve already exceeded the average time a retail trader becomes profitable. Most likely he wanted a 100% win rate algorithm, since his photos showed expected profit but never showed his open risk, most likely since he traded without a stop loss or a very large one.

I’ve met another person with similar background (programming) and the psychology wasn’t as bad, but fairly similar. His belief was that trading was not a means for making money. That 2% a month is not realistic, etc… I think it stems from the fact that they believe themselves to be above many, so if anyone can make it, it’s them, and since they haven’t made it, then no one else can.

"...If you’ve been working on an algorithm for almost 20 years, then you’re doing something wrong..."

RIght, I've noticed many who can program are always jumping from system to system spending countless years searching something that can make them consistent money, they do system hopping more than those starting off, maybe I'm wrong. If you did have one, you'll certainly keep quiet about it, so it's impossible to see a real world one, so you really don't know if there is a holy grail out there, and it will be debatable until time ends.

"I think it stems from the fact that they believe themselves to be above many, so if anyone can make it, it’s them, and since they haven’t made it, then no one else can."

Well put, I'm noticing more and more of this ego, especially in FF, I was too when starting off, glad though, I'm less arrogant now otherwise I would be in system hopping hell.

Return to “testing forum”