USD70+K from ZERO in 16 weeks...

trading strategies and money management discussion, code, results

Moderator: moderators

pika

Postby pika » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:38 am

Do you consider candlestick patterns in your method?

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

luminousneo

Postby luminousneo » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:07 am

pika wrote:Do you consider candlestick patterns in your method?
I watched it sometime but usually I ignore coz I don't want too depending on those pattern...sometime its work but sometime its not...maybe because I'm weak at it... :P
Never Ending Opportunities...even Superman can't stop me...

Relativity

Postby Relativity » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:22 am

luminousneo wrote:
johnton wrote:i bet if u asked nicely, tro could make u an indicator that would tell u where price is on each of the timeframes in realtion to the 200sma--he probably has one already.

That will be great but I'm not looking for new indicator... I love MA and its already an easy indicator to watch....and I think the way I look at it cannot be coded....

*edit double post*
Last edited by Relativity on Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Relativity

Postby Relativity » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:23 am

luminousneo wrote:
johnton wrote:i bet if u asked nicely, tro could make u an indicator that would tell u where price is on each of the timeframes in realtion to the 200sma--he probably has one already.

That will be great but I'm not looking for new indicator... I love MA and its already an easy indicator to watch....and I think the way I look at it cannot be coded....

Easy. Very easy to code... :wink:

luminousneo

Postby luminousneo » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:35 am

Relativity wrote:
luminousneo wrote:

Yes....very easy....n easy to ignore certain things too....it will be different...

Relativity

Postby Relativity » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:09 am

luminousneo wrote:
Relativity wrote:
luminousneo wrote:

Yes....very easy....n easy to ignore certain things too....it will be different...

Well, you are right. But if you are able to list down the specific conditions of your method and if the conditions are very repeatable on a mechanical basis and market flow basis, then why not make such an indicator for on the basis of decision assistance? The indicator then becomes a usable instrument in your hands, which frees your mind up to help improve your trading even further. At least this works for me very well so far.

luminousneo

Postby luminousneo » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:43 am

Relativity wrote:Well, you are right. But if you are able to list down the specific conditions of your method and if the conditions are very repeatable on a mechanical basis and market flow basis, then why not make such an indicator for on the basis of decision assistance? The indicator then becomes a usable instrument in your hands, which frees your mind up to help improve your trading even further. At least this works for me very well so far.

Its basically looking where the price is (above / below 200 SMA) and how far it is from 200 SMA for all TF. These are things to consider :

1. TF - List of all TF
2. SMA - Value for each TF
3. STATUS - state whether the price is ABOVE or BELOW average.
4. DISTANCE - state the distance between SMA Value and current price.

* For STATUS and DISTANCE u may combine it by using different color. Example; Instead of showing "ABOVE +26 pips" u can set it to +26 pips. Use GREEN to show price above MA and RED to show price below MA.

Maybe its already coded by TRO or other programmer. U can try it if u think it can help u to trade. If u code it please post ur chart here and let me check.

Personally I'm happy with SMA indicator now but some traders find it difficult to see because maybe they watch too many pairs. Try look at 1 pair only n see how its going. There r so many opportunities in 1m so 1 pair is enough to watch...

I prefer to fish in the river or sea rather than in the pool. If I only used to fish in the pool, I don't think I can get any fish in the river or sea...

csbueno

Hello Luminous

Postby csbueno » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:11 am

Hey Bro, Nice to see your posts

I know Helmy (luminous) for a while now, and all I can say is that he is a very good trader, I`ve learned a lot from Him.

Regards

Carlos

luminousneo

Re: Hello Luminous

Postby luminousneo » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:23 am

csbueno wrote:Hey Bro, Nice to see your posts

I know Helmy (luminous) for a while now, and all I can say is that he is a very good trader, I`ve learned a lot from Him.

Regards

Carlos

Hi bro, thanks for ur support... lol I'm not that good, I'm still learning tho... you've learned a lot coz u deserved it n now you've found what u r looking for...trading without any indi...congrats...

newschool

Postby newschool » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:23 pm

luminousneo wrote:
Maybe its already coded by TRO or other programmer.
Attachments
ma tf ea.PNG
ma tf ea.PNG (6.79 KiB) Viewed 3608 times

Return to “strategy trading & money management”