$TRILLION STRATEGY

trading strategies and money management discussion, code, results

Moderator: moderators

maje

Indicator

Postby maje » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:28 pm

Accrete,
You can modify the indicator to have also the open lines, closed, low and high of the preceding week ?

Thanks, best regard !

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Accrete

Re: Indicator

Postby Accrete » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:23 pm

maje wrote:Accrete,
You can modify the indicator to have also the open lines, closed, low and high of the preceding week ?

Thanks, best regard !
At first read i thought you might be stating a fact..but on reread I believe your sentence structure meant to be "Can You?" instead of "You can"....??? I've not looked into the weekly indicator as it was a found indicator ...only placed it on the charts to see if it worked then uploaded it to my MT4 archives at my domain. If i have some time i'll look inside and see what can be done.

: ) Thom

jfx2

Postby jfx2 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:36 pm

TRO, Thanks for your work here. I run into a problem trying to apply the indicator, that is the close of the previous session is usually exactly the open of the current session. So I'm having difficulties knowing when to enter the trade if the trend is continuing. (for a reversal its obvious that we enter when the price crosses the opposite body) In your post at 8:41am I see that your chart looks to me to be as confusing as my calculations. The EurUsd shows a reversal entry with 10pips potential profit, the GBPUSD shows a continuation where if we took the short (since the price was trading below the session close) we would have acheived 10 pips profit, but this entry is not clear to me sine with the yen and the swiss the current session opened at the same price the previous session closed at and so would even one tick below the Previous Session close initiate a sell? If that is the case then MY interpretation of your charts today and the strategy lead me to believe these two trades would currently be losers if not already stopped out. I'm hoping you are able to pinpoint my error in interpreting your strategy and charts and clarify it for me, thanks!!

maje

Oups!

Postby maje » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:09 am

Sorry,I do not speak English, mechanical translation.

Tk

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:36 am

jfx2:

You know, ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN... So, either you take the risk of entering the trade or you don't.

The entry is the closing price of the previous session which is usually the same as the open price of the current session.

If you want to wait for a 1 pip move in the direction, that's fine.

To me, it is a CALCULATED RISK because I have run the statistics.

The most important thing is to NOT OVERTHINK this strategy. It is about as simple as can be.

Some things may be obvious... if a red candle has a HUGE bottom wick then that is telling you something... the buyer's are pushing back! I don't think I would be shorting at the open. I may just pass on that trade or I may wait to see what happens when the buyers run out of gas.

Trading is part art, part science, and part COMMON SENSE.

Hindsight is 20/20 but you have to trade IN THE MOMENT.

If the trade is confusing, then don't take the trade that day. There will always be a less confusing trade in the near future.

"Better to be wrong and miss the profit than be wrong and stuck with a loss."
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Accrete

MT4 indicator...

Postby Accrete » Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:21 pm

Hi there, just wanted to share the latest doodle for you mt4 users.

here is the screenshot of the $TrillionEntryBoxes.mq4 indicator which places the nice rectangles around whatever entry points/sessions you wish (up to six different chunks of chart time) :

Currently, the times are set as follows for my GMT+2 feed that shows daily close at 5pm New York.

extern string Session1start = "00:00";//Asian session
extern string Session1end = "08:59";
extern color Session1color = DimGray;
extern string Session2start = "09:00";//1 hour prior to L.O.
extern string Session2end = "09:59";
extern color Session2color = DarkBlue;
extern string Session3start = "10:00";//London Open
extern string Session3end = "11:59";
extern color Session3color = DarkBlue;
extern string Session4start = "14:00";//1 hour prior to N.Y.
extern string Session4end = "14:59";
extern color Session4color = Gray;
extern string Session5start = "15:00";//NY open to London Close
extern string Session5end = "18:59";
extern color Session5color = Gray;
extern string Session6start = "23:00";//last hour of NY session
extern string Session6end = "23:59";
extern color Session6color = DimGray;

If you wish to change these times just go into the user data and tweak them as you need to, colors are changeable also.

OK, now i've got to share something with you all. There is a guy that goes by Hapalkos at FF, you MUST see what he has codded in his BreakOut_BOX_5_DailyCandles_OCbox_indicator.mq4 as explained at this link... it is an amazing work of art for us mt4 users. I am going to begin utilizing the indicator this next week. Simply beautiful !! Check out this screen shot of his indicator in action showing open/close with shaded pip-profit areas:

Have a great weekend.
Thom

Gert Frobe

Postby Gert Frobe » Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:55 pm

Thom, very nice and thanks. BTW what is your GMT+2 broker feed that you use in mt4.

thanks again,

airball
ben

Gids

Questions

Postby Gids » Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:26 pm

Hi, Avery

Thanks for for sharing your $Trillion Strategy. I had a couple of questions. The first one was asked a bit ago regarding entry - the new daily candle will normally produce an immediate buy/sell entry. Do you use the hourly or other candle to place your buy/sell stop? Also, you mentioned to Thom (thanks for the indicators, Thom) that you wanted a median added - is that an alternative to the opposite buy/sell that you initially place? I can see where heading for/pushing past the median would be a good flag. On trading strategy, I thought about using two units - 1 unit for 10 pips and bringing the second to breakeven to possibly catch runs. Your thoughts?

Thanks again, Dan

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:28 am

Hi Dan:

If the close is at the bottom of the daily (red) candle but the hourly candle is green, I most likely would wait before I entered short. If you are trading manually, you must use common sense before you enter the trade.

I just like to watch the action around the midpoint. You can usually learn something from what happens at that level.

The strategy of taking profit and letting part ride for the long haul pays off.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Accrete

Postby Accrete » Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:37 am

Hi Ben, for those wishing to have a MT4 GMT+2 (daily close at 5pm NY) either 1worldForex or NorthFinance will do : ) ...and maybe FXDD???

Thom

Return to “strategy trading & money management”