$TRILLION STRATEGY

trading strategies and money management discussion, code, results

Moderator: moderators

Skyline

Postby Skyline » Thu May 31, 2007 11:36 am

This method is really similar to SRDC I that I followed a lot in past month and I experienced that method like this aren't profitable using whatever TP and SL possible, the winning percentage are never more than 40-50%. Only using SL = 0 could produce some good winning percentage but at some point the floating drawdown could blow the account is a second.
Maybe the problem is that I'm using metatrader to develop/trade this kind of systems and with Traderstation this system turns magically into a winning one ?

(I don't want to be rude or come here to spam/criticize other works, I like a lot this forum , I'm only trying to understand how this method could be profitable)

;)

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Thu May 31, 2007 12:58 pm

Welcome aboard Skyline.

Yes, SRDC I is similar to $TRILLION. Note I published $TRILLION months before Orange published SRDC.

But the difference is when you enter the trade. Many times $TRILLION traders are exiting with a profit BEFORE SRDC I traders even enter their trade IN THE SAME DIRECTION!!

I wrote a Profit/Loss indicator that compared the 2 methods. That really upset the FOREXSRDC and ORANGE camps.

Skyline, make sure you check out THE BUY ZONE that I posted here, also.

Feel free to be critical. It's ok.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Skyline

Postby Skyline » Thu May 31, 2007 1:53 pm

Thx TRO for your quick reply :)
I'm a mql programmer (metatrader platform) so i'm a little bit in difficult to see how it works with traderstation and i cannot test all of your indicators in this forum :(
Anyway when you speak about BUY ZONE , do you mean to enter orders when NY market opens or something else ? If it so , this could be one of the reason that could lead to poor performance testing this system with my platform (metatrader) since my broker data feed is aligned GMT thus the daily candle are completely different from your.
Another thing that I think (but i can wrong) is misleading in your above screenshots is that you highlight P/L but that would be 'potential' P/L since the price could go up and down and hit the SL before hit the TP, but again maybe I still don't get very well this method and I'm a little bit confused about it :roll:

Skyline

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Thu May 31, 2007 3:19 pm

Take your time and read the many threads/posts on $TRILLION and BuyZone. I am sure you'll "get it".

Always feel free to ask questions.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Gert Frobe

Re: Level II

Postby Gert Frobe » Thu May 31, 2007 3:26 pm

zeller4 wrote:
TheOne wrote:Hi TRO,

Could you recommend to me a good book on level II trading.

Thanks.

Check out this pdf I found while "googlin'"

http://www.londonstockexchange.com/NR/rdonlyres/3FC14A1A-F599-4308-8900-115DC8A0D594/0/GuidetoLevel2.pdf

thanks zeller good read

airball

Randolermo

Postby Randolermo » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:20 pm

gunslinger wrote:Greetings all,

I'm new here to the Kreslik Forums, but this strategy has already caught my eye as I have been attempting to trade the various Forex pairs for a few months now with little success. I thought I'd give this a shot, so I will document my trades (not for real, yet) here.

A little info, I'm on the east coast and currently use InterbankFX as my broker/data feed. Their market feed is 4 hours ahead (GMT w/o daylight savings?), so NY close is at 20:00 on the charts. Hopefully I've set this right, I think you guys will be able to tell based on the numbers posted below.

TP: 10
SL: 8

USD/JPY - Closed 121.33 on red candle. TP - 121.23; SL - 121.41. Would have lost out on this as price whipped as high as 121.48 before plunging.

USD/CHF - Closed 1.2274 on green candle. TP - 1.2284; SL - 1.2266. Would currently still be an active trade with price at 1.2279, only going as low as 1.2271.

EUR/USD - Closed 1.3425 on red candle. TP - 1.3415; SL - 1.3435. Closed trade, +10 pips.

GBP/USD - Closed 1.9853 on red candle. TP - 1.9843; SL - 1.9861. Closed trade, +10 pips.

So, -8, +10, +10, with one still open. +12 overall.

edit: USD/CHF went for +10 as well, so +22 overall.

gunslinger...I'm exactly where you are. I got IBFX and finally have read several of TRO's strategies and will try this one first to make sure I got it right. I'll post my results as well as I'll be starting his week.

Rando

Randolermo

Day One Results

Postby Randolermo » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:10 pm

My first attempt was somewhat successful.

I took profits on 3 of 4 trades losing on USD/CHF. Not bad.

I'll give another shot today.

Rando

gunslinger

Postby gunslinger » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:57 pm

Randolermo, coolbeans. I hadn't been posting my paper trades, but I'd say that I've been doing reasonably well. The only problem I'm going to have is doing these live. I'm not a fulltime trader and work a regular day job in the technology sector.

What I'm hoping I'll be able to do is bring my laptop to work with my IBFX software loaded and sneak away just before 4pm to make my trades, then go back to work for the last couple hours. This will also help in that I won't be able to monitor the trades and I'll be forced to let them run their course rather then be tempted to interfere.

Randolermo

Today's Results

Postby Randolermo » Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:08 am

Gun, not so good. 1 out of 3 but I've got the hang of it so I'll keep it going reporting next week. TRO said 60/40 split. I 4/3 right now.

If you want to trade from work OANDA allows it. The other have downloads and my company will not allow since it's company configuration build with only certain software and restricts certain admin functions.

MR01

Strategy questions & confirmation for TRO

Postby MR01 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:53 am

TRO, a couple of questions for you if you may,

Understanding of strategy so far:
Based on Current days candle & confirmation with the one hour candle either:
go long on prev days Top (highest of open & close)
go short on prev days Bottom (lowest of open & close)
10 pip target with a 7 pip Stop
Setup is 1 hr before NY open

Only trade once per day for a currency pair. If prev day the buyers were winning with a long tail don't go short & vice a versa
My intent is to check for the setup approx. 10pm Aus time (8am EST) & place trades where the setup exists then head off to bed an hour or two later (have 2 young kids so need to get sleep sometimes).

Now for the Questions:
1) The Oanda close for the prevous day is 2pm Aus time which is midnight EST. Is this an issue using the midnight close as the days close (there doesn't appear to be a huge amount of movement until the NY open).

2) For this setup to exist the current days bar must either be below the Top but coming up to trigger the Long trade, or above the Bottom but coming down to trigger the Short. Is that correct ?

Thanks in advance

Mark

Return to “strategy trading & money management”