$TRILLION STRATEGY

trading strategies and money management discussion, code, results

Moderator: moderators

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:09 am

Feel free to ask as many questions as you want - no bother at all.

First, I don't know if you are watching the trade or entering your orders and walking away. If it is the latter, then the one entry should cancel the other entry and trigger your TP and SL.

Unless you post a screenshot of what you are looking at there's no way I can answer your question.

Remember, the whole idea is to make your 10 pips a day. Going back for more after a successful trade is NOT in your best interest.

10 pips is a 10% return on money risked. If you do that once a day, in 10 days your money doubles... that's twice a month. IT ADDS UP FAST AND COMPOUNDS EVEN FASTER!

DO NOT BE GREEDY!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

cfrn

Postby cfrn » Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:50 am

Someday I pray, we'll get TRO hooked on the ER2. 1 point a day = a 20% return and your money doubles in half the time, just 5 days.

So far the only thing I've been able to semi-successfully apply to the ER2 is the Dynamic S/R, but then I never claimed to be the sharpest tool in the shed - lol

Point us in the right direction Avery so we can join you and Michael on the beach..........

:-)

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:16 pm

Another $TRILLON DAY...

BP

Postby BP » Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:13 pm

Thanks TRO.

Accrete, are you anywhere close to getting that indicator done for MT4?

Thanks Much,

BP

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:40 pm

cfrn wrote:Someday I pray, we'll get TRO hooked on the ER2. 1 point a day = a 20% return and your money doubles in half the time, just 5 days.

So far the only thing I've been able to semi-successfully apply to the ER2 is the Dynamic S/R, but then I never claimed to be the sharpest tool in the shed - lol

Point us in the right direction Avery so we can join you and Michael on the beach..........

:-)

Why trade minis when you can trade FOREX?

pensacola

I appreciate your patience on this TRO

Postby pensacola » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:54 pm

TRO - new to this site - have read many of your posts on this site and others- they are helping greatly to reduce my learning curve - thank you!

Sorry for the basic questions - you said in an earlier post something i did not understand - (because I am new to the forex markets)

"I set my session to "close" 1 hour BEFORE the NY close at 5PM, so I can get my entry executed." and "Yes, that gives me an hour "jump" on the rest. Can do the same for London, Frankfort, etc.."

So it appears your time input strategy would "tweak" the standard or more traditional daily candle values of high/ low?

And when you say "entry executed" - you are describing the actual entering of your buy and sell stops based on the candle close values? which makes sense because you are trading many currencies.

It appears you are trading after the NY market closes?
Is this a personal preference?
Would it be safe to assume (yikes) that you could trade this strategy based on candles from Monday 6:58 am to Tuesday 6:58am? etc.(notice 1 hour "tweak") for those that get up early (or don't go to bed) (I know - do your own homework) :)

The forex information site said there are no gapping issues to speak of. If a currency did, the strategy would be negated

Also, I wonder how this strategy would do on other issues, ie futures, stocks etc. Gapping problem for sure) Again - I know - do your own homework. :)

Thank you again for sharing your vast knowledge. I apologize if the questions are too basic.
Mike in Pensacola

PS -Where in Mexico do you go? I have surfed all of Baja and some mainland Mex when I was younger - may end up retiring there part of the year - maybe Troncones area but have never been there - yet.

Accrete

Postby Accrete » Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:06 pm

Hi BP, i have Wed/Thurs off so i was going to do some doodling (thx for the PM), i don't know how far i'll get as i have much studying i want to accomplish.

Thom

BP

Postby BP » Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:47 pm

Accrete wrote:Hi BP, i have Wed/Thurs off so i was going to do some doodling (thx for the PM), i don't know how far i'll get as i have much studying i want to accomplish.

Thom

Thanks Accrete...sorry to bug...but hopefully you have some good days off and are able to get some studying done!!

BP

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:51 pm

pensacola

I trade whenever there's a trade to be traded if I am in the office. Wish I had been in there for that USDJPY short I predicted 2 days ago when the trigger hit yesterday... dang it!

You can use this for other instruments like stocks.

Mexico... all over, Cabo is a fav.

Accrete

Postby Accrete » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:21 pm

BP wrote:Thanks Accrete...sorry to bug...but hopefully you have some good days off and are able to get some studying done!!

BP
Thx BP, you blessed me with your question and contact mate. No worries, and never a "bug" or bother.

Hey Avery? Though i tend to trade, or at least look for trades primarily w/the GbpUsd pair, i'm wondering if you've seen patterns with other pairs in the last hour before NY close and the swaps come into play that may show some consistancy in triggering trades leading up to NY close? I'll do some homework on my end, just wondering if you noticed anything that you wish to share that may be in context in this thread?

I'm thinking that some of the positive swap pairs might have some fairly consistent set ups leading to the swap-payout??

Cheers,
Thom

Return to “strategy trading & money management”