$TRILLION STRATEGY

trading strategies and money management discussion, code, results

Moderator: moderators

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:05 am

pipette4x wrote:
TheRumpledOne wrote:Daily open/close is top/bottom of the candle color.

What i'm wondering is if you place BOTH an order to buy and sell. so if the candle is bearish, you get in going short, but do you also put an entry order to go long at the open price? thanks, i'll get it eventually!

You can do that but once one order is filled, just cancel the other.

There is usually many pips between the open and close... enough to trade the middle crossover. :wink:
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:07 am

$TRILLION

pipette4x

Postby pipette4x » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:21 pm

TheRumpledOne wrote:$TRILLION

got my 10 on the pound but first had to ride it up. i think looking at lower timeframes to confirm entry would have been smarter but i wasn't around so i entered short, placed stop above previous high and set limit. all was good by morning.

i like the half way idea but i wasn't up for that. thanks for the thought

nanoty3k

Re: eSignal indicator?

Postby nanoty3k » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:42 pm

I applied the TRO_PrevDay-OHLC.EFS indicator and got the following error on a 24 hour Time Template and a custom 1440 minute time template with 15:58-15:58 as the intraday open and close.

Error:

TRO\TRO_PrevDay-OHLC.EFS, line 32:
Syntax Error: unterminated regular expression
literal:
*******************************************************/

TheRumpledOne wrote:
nanoty3k wrote:
$Trillon is a "strategy" but I did code an indicator for it.

I do NOT program in MT4.

Sorry, new to the forum and just going over this thread. Question may have been answered. Went through the last eSignal motherlode and did not find an equivalent indicator. Is there an eSignal indicator for the $Trillion strategy?

Thanx,

N

You can use TRO_PrevDay_OHLC.

nanoty3k

Postby nanoty3k » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:58 pm

Removed line 32 and renamed indicator version 1. Works as advertised.:)

:oops:

Thanx,

Nano

nanoty3k wrote:I applied the TRO_PrevDay-OHLC.EFS indicator and got the following error on a 24 hour Time Template and a custom 1440 minute time template with 15:58-15:58 as the intraday open and close.

Error:

literal:

TheRumpledOne wrote:
nanoty3k wrote:

I do NOT program in MT4.

Sorry, new to the forum and just going over this thread. Question may have been answered. Went through the last eSignal motherlode and did not find an equivalent indicator. Is there an eSignal indicator for the $Trillion strategy?

Thanx,

N

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:44 am

nanoty3k wrote:I applied the TRO_PrevDay-OHLC.EFS indicator and got the following error on a 24 hour Time Template and a custom 1440 minute time template with 15:58-15:58 as the intraday open and close.

Error:

literal:

TheRumpledOne wrote:
nanoty3k wrote:

I do NOT program in MT4.

Thanx,

N

Are use you using eSignal 8.0?

nanoty3k

Postby nanoty3k » Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:16 am

Yes I am. But, I think eSignal is choking on the time template. My values aren't lining up with the values you are posting for the daily bars of your TS charts when I use a custom 15:58-15:58 time template.

Thanx,

N

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:29 am

$TRILLION

Accrete

Postby Accrete » Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:57 pm

I find myself overtrading (still looking beyond this simple strat in this example), a common situation for many traders. Why i feel the need to get into, or even look for other trades when i've seen this simple strat yeild fairly consistent (fairly is to week a term!) returns is something i must work on. One nice thing about this strat is i can look for trade setups sometime around 1pm to 2pm Pacific...get into any appropriate trade(s) then i head off for work at 4 - 9pm ish. This can be a benefit as i can not monitor the trades. As long as a catastrophic stop is in place, there is not much to concern oneself over. Just let it run its course.

Last nite i came home after my easy 4-9 pm shift to see the Gbp sell and Jpy buy had closed in profit and the Eur sell and Chf buy were still around break even. When i woke up Wed morning before NY open all trades had finaly closed in profit. I'm not saying that getting into all four was the right thing to do, but i'm experimenting w/this in demo so why not at this point? This is so simple, it is almost embarrasing after everything i've been taught and all the other strategies out there. I know there will be trades that go against us and must be closed out in the negative...though so far each has finaly turned around and closed in profit.

The thing i need to address for myself is i can look at my statement and see +10, +10, +10, +10, .....blah, blah... and it is freaky: Then i go trade on typical TA and discretion (looking for trades because i think i need to be trading!) and see +27,-15,+30,-60,+43,-21...etc... and that is usually during the London Open and time consumeing as i'm Pacific time. So I'll continue to dig into this model that is nearly stress free as far as i can tell.

This is just a ramble, lots for me to think upon. Is this truely a strategy that can make one rich? My first response is, yes. Though it is so simple that the human mind revolts. We like to muck things up by making the simple complicated...i think it makes us feel good? or something!

: ) Thom

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:39 pm

Accrete:

Almost all traders have EGOs.

Following someone else's strategy or method is NOT something the EGO wants to do NO MATTER HOW PROFITABLE.

You can see that in some the replies to my posts on the internet. People DEMANDING backtest proof. People claiming I copied this, that or the other. All EGO driven in nature so THEY can feel superior.

I just apply statistics to the price action and out pops profitable trade setups. Then I use the money management matrix to guide my trade. It's pure science.

IF IS SO SIMPLE WHY ISN'T EVERYBODY DOING IT?...

BECAUSE THEIR EGOS WON'T ALLOW IT AND BECAUSE THEY ARE SHEEP THINKERS. More concerned about what others are doing instead of focusing on themselves.

BECAUSE SOME EXPERT DIDN'T TELL IT TO THEM.

Then some of us, myself included, have to TINKER! I am the worse. I am ADDICTED to creating methods to BEAT THE SYSTEM. I do stick to my MILK THE COW for daytrading AAPL. I make AAPL JUICE everytime I use it. So simple, it is truly BORING... LATWTTB!!

Now, a few traders are making AAPL JUICE DAILY. They follow the simple strategy and it works over and over and over again. They just execute the trades and make money. That simple.

So, Accrete, just find 1 or 2 methods that work FOR YOU and execute them when the time comes. Use the 10 pip a day spreadsheet to see how much you'll make in a year. Just be consistent... DON'T BE GREEDY.

Don't be tempted by the 100 pip runs.... you'll wind up having one run AGAINST YOU... take your TP and be happy. DON'T BE GREEDY.

HTH.

Return to “strategy trading & money management”