Simple System

trading strategies and money management discussion, code, results

Moderator: moderators

csbueno

Postby csbueno » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:05 pm

adaseb wrote:I re-read your posts and I am kind of confused how you filter these? Do you use the E-Reg Channel Lines to filter out bad plays? Or the 3ZZ Semafor's?

csbueno wrote:
adaseb wrote:
csbueno wrote:
adaseb wrote:csbueno

So currently what is your trading strategy?

Do you use the E-Reg Channel Lines? Zero Stoch? Buzzards? Buy Zone?

Hello:

Mostly Buy zone, but with some guide from the others. Theres no fixed way, since I follow price action, and use that as a whole strategy.

Regards

Carlos

Do you only trade the GBPJPY/EURJPY with the +-0.30 for Buy Zone's?

GBPJPY only with BZ, but as I posted before, sometimes I filter trades.

EURJPY : sometimes with BZ but with a 25 pip BZ, and sometimes I use a different criteria.

regards

Carlos

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:29 pm Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quoteEdit/Delete this postBottom of PageBack to top
Alps007 wrote: ? Select ? ? Expand ?
Carlos,

Helmy mentions somewhere on this thread that you are using some additional indicators to filter out the trades. would appreciate it if you could share some imagaes of current trades and how you made your decisions.

Thank you very mch

Alps

Hello:

What I do is discretionary, meaning that the couple of extra indies that I use only give some guidelines. mostly I go for what the normal price action suggest.
Having said that, I use an awesome oscillator and TRO´s Bull & Bear indi, but whats important it TO DEVELOP a sense of whats happening.

Its very important to understand price action, sometimes the prices just ranges. sometimes it just explodes- Its relatively easy to see when this is happening. Sometimes I just dont feel like trading in certain direction.

regards

The Key is to be patient.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

csbueno

Postby csbueno » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:07 pm

Hello:

What I do is discretionary, meaning that the couple of extra indies that I use only give some guidelines. mostly I go for what the normal price action suggest.
Having said that, I use an awesome oscillator and TRO´s Bull & Bear indi, but whats important it TO DEVELOP a sense of whats happening.

Its very important to understand price action, sometimes the prices just ranges. sometimes it just explodes- Its relatively easy to see when this is happening. Sometimes I just dont feel like trading in certain direction.

regards

The Key is to be patient.

adaseb

Postby adaseb » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:47 pm

So which Oscillator do you use exactly?

csbueno

Postby csbueno » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:22 pm

adaseb wrote:So which Oscillator do you use exactly?

awesome oscillator.

http://csbueno57.mt4stats.com/

DarkDays

Postby DarkDays » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:45 pm

Hi csbueno, as well as other traders. This is my first post on kreslik although I've been lurking for a while.

Has anyone been trading this with success? I have just read through the thread twice. It seems the current iteration by csbueno is a 30 pip buy/sell zone on the gbp/jpy based off of the aussie/asian opening price. SL being 50 pips, and default tp being 25 pips.

Is this correct? I am thinking of testing this and adding it to my live account if it seems profitable.

Any comments from anyone trading it would be appreciated!

csbueno

Postby csbueno » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:05 pm

DarkDays wrote:Hi csbueno, as well as other traders. This is my first post on kreslik although I've been lurking for a while.

Has anyone been trading this with success? I have just read through the thread twice. It seems the current iteration by csbueno is a 30 pip buy/sell zone on the gbp/jpy based off of the aussie/asian opening price. SL being 50 pips, and default tp being 25 pips.

Is this correct? I am thinking of testing this and adding it to my live account if it seems profitable.

Any comments from anyone trading it would be appreciated!

Buy Zone is a very proftable system; In my case, filtering trades by other means had been quite profitable.

Keep in mind, that the basis of all this method (simple and BZ) is folowing price action. The use of other discretional indis help to make a decision, but price can go only up or down.

Helmy is quite profitable and as far as I know he only trades the big moster (GBPJPY) with buy zone. I use almost any pair using the preocces described in this thread; and as anyone can tell. the system is always improving.

the trades I post are the same as the ones I trade in my client´s accounts.

http://csbueno57.mt4stats.com/

regards

Carlos

DarkDays

Postby DarkDays » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:29 pm

I see, so what bar should I use as my starting point for my buy zone levels if I am in the a US time zone?

With GBP/JPY you use the price at the start of the Asian session.

If I was going to trade the Euro and a couple other US based crosses would I use the price at the New York open as the starting point for my buy zone levels?

Your trades look great. When you have just a few pips profit, is this because it went into profit and then retraced? Do you move your stops up after it gets 20 pips into profit for instance?

Thanks for your help. I want to learn all I can about this method.

To profits!

csbueno

Postby csbueno » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:39 pm

DarkDays wrote:I see, so what bar should I use as my starting point for my buy zone levels if I am in the a US time zone?

With GBP/JPY you use the price at the start of the Asian session.

If I was going to trade the Euro and a couple other US based crosses would I use the price at the New York open as the starting point for my buy zone levels?

Your trades look great. When you have just a few pips profit, is this because it went into profit and then retraced? Do you move your stops up after it gets 20 pips into profit for instance?

Thanks for your help. I want to learn all I can about this method.

To profits!

You can use this 3 sessions (Asia, Europe and NY) as starting points.
check for the exact opening market hours at

http://www.2009.worldmarkethours.com
Practice will show you how to profit from this system

You can use the hour bar that matches the corresponding market open hour.

GBPJPY is better traded at Asia session as a base, but the other market hours also move it a lot.

I use trailing stops most of the time, and sometimes it just gives me very little o no profit, but i prefer to play it safe, ( it just happened to me this morning on real accts...from 35 pips to zero, but better than a loss)

Regards

Carlos

DarkDays

Postby DarkDays » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:20 pm

Ah I see! I think I will try some of these techniques soon.

Thanks for your response.

Coolbudz223

Postby Coolbudz223 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:04 am

So how's this strategy going...so many year later?

Return to “strategy trading & money management”