Simple System

trading strategies and money management discussion, code, results

Moderator: moderators

Helmy HAR

Postby Helmy HAR » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:09 pm

Patch wrote:Helmy HAR

I agree 100% with your post at 4.77pm yesterday. I wonder if you can fill in what the unexpected results of auto trading are? Also please explain why why manual trading is better?

Is the difficulty in an auto trade AE, the definitions and conditions of entry and exited being explicitly stated? Computers in my view, offer a great opportunity for auto-trading, though at this point we are the pioneers.

For a long time people said we couldn't land a man on the moon, then along comes a President, JFK, and a man was walking on the moon, what about 10 years later. I say, AutoTrading is the trend of the future.

Also, any AE I code or get coded, I will have time start and starts, and will be sitting in front of my computer the entire time any trades are in the market.

Please tell me your additional thoughts and response.

--Patch
In VA

Hello Patch,

There r some conditions where system cannot be coded. For me this small problem might be a big loss to us. I never used it before but i I did hear complaints on EA or robots, such as slippage. I dont want to talk about the complaints here. Google it...

Manual trading is much better. Not only it will give me a good result but it will give me a valuable experience in trading. That will make us a better trader. I believe my self, i believe my system and i'm the one who will trade my money. Automatic trading is just like asking someone to manage ur account. I know sometime it works. But for me SATISFACTION is important.

Sitting infront of the computer, enter/exit ur trade, watching the market are all the nature of trading. Trading is not easy. Just like having a shop, u have to sit in ur shop, waiting for customer to buy ur things. But the idea of trading is to make profit. In forex, you dont need to sit 24 hours infront of ur computer to make profit.

No offence. I do believe some EA are working but as I said there is limitation. And I love the way I trade now. Auto trading is the trend of the future?? Maybe...who knows...but i'll prefer to trade manually.

P/S. Man was walking on the moon right??? Its not robot right???
KRYPTONS
"Even Superman can't stop me" :)

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

adaseb

Postby adaseb » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:23 pm

Looking at the first photo you posted.

csbueno

Postby csbueno » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:33 am

adaseb wrote:Looking at the first photo you posted.

Hello:

The AO was not to my liking at that moment and I also check price action on D1 chart and h1 chart. I fine tune with that.

Regards

Carlos

http://csbueno57.mt4stats.com/

Patch

Postby Patch » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:56 am

Helmy HAR

Thanks for your thoughts on auto trading posted earlier today. From what you expressed, I don't think auto trading is a good option for you to pursue. That said, it remains an area of great interest for me. I believe if we know what the pitfalls are, such as excessive spreads during fast trade times, this condition can be written into code. At this point I am writing the various conditions I've listed for entry, exit and sit tight for the buy zone on an hourly and perhaps every 30minute entry basis. I am definitely interested in all the danger zones that need to be considered and coded to handle for this project.

The great news is that I've hit my target of 7 pips using the buyzone for the last 3 of 4 days. See what tomorrow brings.

Most of all keep on doing your great job of trading and posting your charts and results.

You and csbueno have been a great help to me.

Many thanks,

Patch
In VA

Given the market can do anything at any time, I am
ENOUGH being a Yalie for me Back to the Sea. "What i can lose, i can win" "YES YOU CAN" - dragon33 -"Pick one method and one pair and stick with them until you master it. "The choice is yours - success or failure." TRO

adaseb

Postby adaseb » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:56 am

csbueno

So currently what is your trading strategy?

Do you use the E-Reg Channel Lines? Zero Stoch? Buzzards? Buy Zone?

csbueno

Postby csbueno » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:02 pm

adaseb wrote:csbueno

Hello:

Mostly Buy zone, but with some guide from the others. Theres no fixed way, since I follow price action, and use that as a whole strategy.

Regards

Carlos

adaseb

Postby adaseb » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:34 pm

csbueno wrote:

Hello:

Mostly Buy zone, but with some guide from the others. Theres no fixed way, since I follow price action, and use that as a whole strategy.

Regards

Carlos

Do you only trade the GBPJPY/EURJPY with the +-0.30 for Buy Zone's?

csbueno

Postby csbueno » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:43 pm

adaseb wrote:
csbueno wrote:

Hello:

Regards

Carlos

GBPJPY only with BZ, but as I posted before, sometimes I filter trades.

EURJPY : sometimes with BZ but with a 25 pip BZ, and sometimes I use a different criteria.

regards

Carlos

adaseb

Postby adaseb » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:35 pm

I re-read your posts and I am kind of confused how you filter these? Do you use the E-Reg Channel Lines to filter out bad plays? Or the 3ZZ Semafor's?

csbueno wrote:
adaseb wrote:
csbueno wrote:

Hello:

Regards

Carlos

EURJPY : sometimes with BZ but with a 25 pip BZ, and sometimes I use a different criteria.

regards

Carlos

csbueno

Postby csbueno » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:53 pm

adaseb wrote:I re-read your posts and I am kind of confused how you filter these? Do you use the E-Reg Channel Lines to filter out bad plays? Or the 3ZZ Semafor's?

csbueno wrote:
adaseb wrote:
csbueno wrote:

Hello:

Regards

Carlos

regards

Carlos

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:29 pm Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quoteEdit/Delete this postBottom of PageBack to top
Alps007 wrote: ? Select ? ? Expand ?
Carlos,

Helmy mentions somewhere on this thread that you are using some additional indicators to filter out the trades. would appreciate it if you could share some imagaes of current trades and how you made your decisions.

Thank you very mch

Alps

Hello:

What I do is discretionary, meaning that the couple of extra indies that I use only give some guidelines. mostly I go for what the normal price action suggest.
Having said that, I use an awesome oscillator and TRO´s Bull & Bear indi, but whats important it TO DEVELOP a sense of whats happening.

Its very important to understand price action, sometimes the prices just ranges. sometimes it just explodes- Its relatively easy to see when this is happening. Sometimes I just dont feel like trading in certain direction.

regards

The Key is to be patient.

Return to “strategy trading & money management”