Simple System

trading strategies and money management discussion, code, results

Moderator: moderators

Patch

Postby Patch » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:50 am

Helmy & csbueno

It must be past time for me to go to sleep. I've got to admit the 3Semafor and EAs facinate me. Take a look at the attached charts. Wouldn't it be something if we had the emotional maturity to trade from 3Sema to 3Sema? I wonder if an EA could be written to trade 3 to 3 in whatever time frame you want and whatever pair(s) you choose?

The Semafors float along with the forming bar, and if need be jump over to the newer forming bar at the new bar start time change.

I've posted the EURJPY, USDJPY and GBPUSD in either M5 or M1 below with Semafors, MO Zones and Regression Lines.

Your thought + and - ? --Patch
Attachments
EURJPY M.JPG
EURJPY M.JPG (223.84 KiB) Viewed 4537 times
USDJPY.JPG
USDJPY.JPG (158.12 KiB) Viewed 4537 times
M5 GBPUSD.jpg
M5 GBPUSD.jpg (250.53 KiB) Viewed 4537 times
ENOUGH being a Yalie for me Back to the Sea. "What i can lose, i can win" "YES YOU CAN" - dragon33 -"Pick one method and one pair and stick with them until you master it. "The choice is yours - success or failure." TRO

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

csbueno

Postby csbueno » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:20 pm

lukx wrote:Carlos, what are those Image short lines (BZ and SZ? You draw it or you have some kind of indicator for that?

It just the e-regr indi set @ 6 candles.

csbueno

Postby csbueno » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:30 pm

Patch wrote:Helmy & csbueno

It must be past time for me to go to sleep. I've got to admit the 3Semafor and EAs facinate me. Take a look at the attached charts. Wouldn't it be something if we had the emotional maturity to trade from 3Sema to 3Sema? I wonder if an EA could be written to trade 3 to 3 in whatever time frame you want and whatever pair(s) you choose?

The Semafors float along with the forming bar, and if need be jump over to the newer forming bar at the new bar start time change.

I've posted the EURJPY, USDJPY and GBPUSD in either M5 or M1 below with Semafors, MO Zones and Regression Lines.

Hello Patch.

I´ve never really used semafor. Ill give them a try next week and Ill post a more complete review on it. FOr what I can see now sema show HH and LL, so it use is basically TRO TZ ( I wonder why :roll:
)

There was a time I used EA´s and some of them work, but nore are realible on the med- or long term. Art cannot be programmed. But It may work though.

lukx

Postby lukx » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:54 pm

Carlos what is TRO TZ ?

csbueno

Postby csbueno » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:05 pm

lukx wrote:Carlos what is TRO TZ ?

Buy Zone, but I called it "Trade Zone".

regards

Carlos

kranium

Postby kranium » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:46 am

hey patch, great idea.. but won't be it a problem that the 3 semaphore always repaints?

Patch wrote:Helmy & csbueno

Patch

Postby Patch » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:18 pm

kramium

First and foremost welcome to my favorite forex trading site.

In this your first post you have recognized the heart of the question. The answer is our challenge. When a 3Semafor high goes to a 3S low on any chart, pips are the results. When is it a retrace and when is it a reverse? Does it matter? How can we profit from this? How do we protect our profits from this same thing? And I always wonder if this can be coded into an auto trader?

Right now I have more questions than answers.

Patch
In VA
ENOUGH being a Yalie for me Back to the Sea. "What i can lose, i can win" "YES YOU CAN" - dragon33 -"Pick one method and one pair and stick with them until you master it. "The choice is yours - success or failure." TRO

Helmy HAR

Postby Helmy HAR » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:47 pm

Patch wrote:kramium

First and foremost welcome to my favorite forex trading site.

In this your first post you have recognized the heart of the question. The answer is our challenge. When a 3Semafor high goes to a 3S low on any chart, pips are the results. When is it a retrace and when is it a reverse? Does it matter? How can we profit from this? How do we protect our profits from this same thing? And I always wonder if this can be coded into an auto trader?

Right now I have more questions than answers.

Patch
In VA

Hi Patch,

Personally I think the result of automatic trading is not always what u expect. There is always limitation n I understand why u want it to be automatic. But manual is better. Thats the art of trading.

Any system u used, u need to do it right. Thats the key. Never think, just do it.

Btw, what r u questions??? :)
KRYPTONS
"Even Superman can't stop me" :)

kranium

Postby kranium » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:41 pm

hi patch, and thanks so much for the welcome!
yes, i suppose one of the potential solutions is to wait X number of bars after the 3 semaphore appears, that was we'll be more certain that it's in the right place even tho it's not 100% guarantee..

kreslik, patch's post had a total of 5 questions in there but i think u knew that :P

Patch

Postby Patch » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:39 pm

Helmy HAR

I agree 100% with your post at 4.77pm yesterday. I wonder if you can fill in what the unexpected results of auto trading are? Also please explain why why manual trading is better?

Is the difficulty in an auto trade AE, the definitions and conditions of entry and exited being explicitly stated? Computers in my view, offer a great opportunity for auto-trading, though at this point we are the pioneers.

For a long time people said we couldn't land a man on the moon, then along comes a President, JFK, and a man was walking on the moon, what about 10 years later. I say, AutoTrading is the trend of the future.

Also, any AE I code or get coded, I will have time start and stops, and will be sitting in front of my computer the entire time any live trades are in the market.

Please tell me your additional thoughts and response.

--Patch
In VA
Last edited by Patch on Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “strategy trading & money management”