Simple System

trading strategies and money management discussion, code, results

Moderator: moderators

jtraderco

x csbueno

Postby jtraderco » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:35 am

great amount of pips.
i see this system gives some stops but in this volatile currencies, you can make up the losses with large wins. I like to exit at my fixed tp's 30-60-90 but I also watch at the 5mins chart(being that i trade on the 30mins) coz in this way i can follow the price action better and raise my tp(using a trailing stop) in your same way(for a long, to every last relative high and so on)..
thanks cs
as a filter i use a 90ema

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

csbueno

Re: x csbueno

Postby csbueno » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:50 am

jtraderco wrote:great amount of pips.
i see this system gives some stops but in this volatile currencies, you can make up the losses with large wins. I like to exit at my fixed tp's 30-60-90 but I also watch at the 5mins chart(being that i trade on the 30mins) coz in this way i can follow the price action better and raise my tp(using a trailing stop) in your same way(for a long, to every last relative high and so on)..
thanks cs
as a filter i use a 90ema

What Im trying to do, is to minimize the loses (who doesnt?), by being patient and filter just by what I judge appropiate. certainly it is just the art of following price action.
30-50 pips a day can get you very far.

Regards

Carlos

http://csbueno57.mt4stats.com/

Alps007

Postby Alps007 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:03 pm

Carlos,

Helmy mentions somewhere on this thread that you are using some additional indicators to filter out the trades. would appreciate it if you could share some imagaes of current trades and how you made your decisions.

Thank you very mch

Alps

Alps007

Postby Alps007 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:09 pm

Patch wrote:Apls007

I am using an indicator called "tro_buyzone_time." Do a lookup on this name under search and see what you can find. I would post it but I can't find my source where I got it just yet; as there are a group of indicators that TRO gives out as a group for a small donation if you will. You can look up donational indicators as well. If I find this one is among the thousands for free indicators TRO offers, I will post this on this thread for you and others. You can also look up buy zone and buyzone under search as there is a large thread dedicated to this whole strategy.

Get back to you on this,

Patch
In VA

[UPDATE: Alps007, the tro_buyzone_time is a part of the donation set of indis, sent out in the July 2009 update. These are not among the free to post and pass around indis.]

Thanks for letting me know dude. Really appreciate it. This indicator looks too good. Am I correct in saying that you only use this indicator on the opening candle of the london session 8am GMT and no other candle. In other words it only has to be the opening candle for that session. Is that correct?

Cheers Patch, Helmy, TRO, Carlos

Alps

Patch

Postby Patch » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:17 pm

Alps007

Go back and read this entire thread 5 times, print it out and keep going over it. You will see a couple charts I've posted which will answer your question. I like the regression, the semafors and z-zones. This is my hint. I don't understand them all just yet, and these are what I personally like. I am putting together an excel sheet with all of MO's posts on NLA. I encourage you to read through the thread in its entirerty several times also. --Patch, In VA
PS the BuyZone is an awesome starting point, very powerful !!!
ENOUGH being a Yalie for me Back to the Sea. "What i can lose, i can win" "YES YOU CAN" - dragon33 -"Pick one method and one pair and stick with them until you master it. "The choice is yours - success or failure." TRO

csbueno

Postby csbueno » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:29 pm

Alps007 wrote:Carlos,

Helmy mentions somewhere on this thread that you are using some additional indicators to filter out the trades. would appreciate it if you could share some imagaes of current trades and how you made your decisions.

Thank you very mch

Alps

Hello:

What I do is discretionary, meaning that the couple of extra indies that I use only give some guidelines. mostly I go for what the normal price action suggest.
Having said that, I use an awesome oscillator and TRO´s Bull & Bear indi ( you can find it in TRO´s mother lode:
http://kreslik.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2028

Here´s an example:

[img][img]http://i29.tinypic.com/2w6gtq9.gif[/img][/img]

Price has gone up for a relative long period, and its showing signs of a retrace. in H1, it starting to make a bearish move. I also waited for the AO to change color from the the last 3 candles

In H4, my last candle closed bearish with 25+ pips down from highest high, so thats my key signal to enter a short trade. (SZ)

Hope Ive explained myself.

regards

Carlos

blubbb

Postby blubbb » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:01 pm

Just wrote a buyzone EA (daily) using the values proposed in this thread (straddle = 20, stoploss = 50). You can no longer miss a trade. ;-) It will send an email to notify you, too. Starting hour (D1 start) and risk in % can be changed. The yellow line is a close line (drag it).
Use it at your own risk of course.

Edit: Current version in my free indi and EA thread.
Last edited by blubbb on Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lukx

Postby lukx » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:35 am

how you guys can have SL above enter prices? In your case you're opening opposite trade before SL got hit so it's hedging and hedging isn't working with most of the brokers now.

csbueno

Postby csbueno » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:40 am

lukx wrote:how you guys can have SL above enter prices? In your case you're opening opposite trade before SL got hit so it's hedging and hedging isn't working with most of the brokers now.

Personally, if I hit an Sl, Ill wait to re-enter a trade. sometimes I just wait to the next day. depends on how the price is behaving and how emotional Im at the moment

I think its important to mention, that when I get an Sl, I take it easy, and never rush into another trade just to try to recover the loss. FX is in a very big part a mental game.

Regards
Carlos
http://csbueno57.mt4stats.com/

lukx

Postby lukx » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:33 pm

Carlos, what are those Image short lines (BZ and SZ? You draw it or you have some kind of indicator for that?

Return to “strategy trading & money management”