Simple System

trading strategies and money management discussion, code, results

Moderator: moderators

aVi

Postby aVi » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:06 pm

I probably don't look at the news as much as I should... but when I do, I find the Forex Factory Calendar to be a great source.
Wake up Mr. Green...

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

lukx

Postby lukx » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:26 pm

Helm your system is fantastic. Only bad thing for me is that i have to wake up at 3 a.m to be on AU open :(. Well no pain no gain.

Helmy HAR

Postby Helmy HAR » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:16 pm

lukx wrote:Helm your system is fantastic. Only bad thing for me is that i have to wake up at 3 a.m to be on AU open :(. Well no pain no gain.

Hi Lukx,

Im glad it work for u. I believed u have tested it. Only then u know how profitable it is.

Yea, no pain no gain. I will show u on my next post y we should start from daily open candle.

Look at my statement. I started today. Loss for long trade this morning n now im looking for 200 pips.

http://helmyhhar.mt4stats.com/
KRYPTONS
"Even Superman can't stop me" :)

Patch

Postby Patch » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:40 pm

Hi Helmy

Once you enter a BZ trade and it starts and moves profitable, how far do you let it retrace before you exit? Do you watch FIBs or anything else. I will go back and re-read this thread again tonight after work and dinner. Thanks for sharing this. I love the simplicity of you rules and once the pair chooses its direction, hold on to your hat. --Patch
ENOUGH being a Yalie for me Back to the Sea. "What i can lose, i can win" "YES YOU CAN" - dragon33 -"Pick one method and one pair and stick with them until you master it. "The choice is yours - success or failure." TRO

Helmy HAR

Postby Helmy HAR » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:52 pm

Patch wrote:Hi Helmy

Once you enter a BZ trade and it starts and moves profitable, how far do you let it retrace before you exit? Do you watch FIBs or anything else. I will go back and re-read this thread again tonight after work and dinner. Thanks for sharing this. I love the simplicity of you rules and once the pair chooses its direction, hold on to your hat. --Patch

hi bro,

I move to the new high / low. Thats it. No fibo. But I will only move if its in profit. But if i loss the previous profit, i will try to cover it, high TP.

Simpler is better...

PS/ I remember u, u r dragon33 rite, where is ur tatoo??? hehehe :)
KRYPTONS

Patch

Postby Patch » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:37 pm

Helmy

Dragon great guy, and I am Patch the Pirate!
So many id icons and so little time. will add more over time.

Simplicity is a great gift. I saw TROs buyzone a long time ago, worked with it a bit and couldn't get it to go. Your simple rules are simple, simple, simple. It is the first tool in my Pirate Treasure Chest.

Many thanks my friend,

Patch
Soon to be The Pipster
In VA

aVi

After seeing Dragon33's chart this morning, it is a work of art, I was blown away and decided I had to clean up sooner than the weekend. It was during the NY first trading hour, so I messed up my demo trading a bunch.
A lesson learned is not to take demo less serious than when dollars are on the line: habit formation is critical.

One thing I've decided is that I am going to begin by trading the NY open, eventually add London once or a couple times a week. Trade one to two hours and be done for the day. Be like dchappy and MO (I think) and build up the trading contracts on each trade so less time and fewer pips is more booty drained off. The less time in the market, the less time exposed to small medium and perhaps hugh risks like ... around the world. --Patch The Chart re-designer
Attachments
Patch the Pirate Picture from AZ.gif
Patch the Pirate Picture from AZ.gif (6.09 KiB) Viewed 3484 times
2009.08.11-euruse-m15-11.30am est.jpg
2009.08.11-euruse-m15-11.30am est.jpg (189.01 KiB) Viewed 3481 times
ENOUGH being a Yalie for me Back to the Sea. "What i can lose, i can win" "YES YOU CAN" - dragon33 -"Pick one method and one pair and stick with them until you master it. "The choice is yours - success or failure." TRO

csbueno

Postby csbueno » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:31 pm

Patch wrote:Helmy

Dragon great guy, and I am Patch the Pirate!
So many id icons and so little time. will add more over time.

Simplicity is a great gift. I saw TROs buyzone a long time ago, worked with it a bit and couldn't get it to go. Your simple rules are simple, simple, simple. It is the first tool in my Pirate Treasure Chest.

Many thanks my friend,

Patch
Soon to be The Pipster
In VA

aVi

After seeing Dragon33's chart this morning, it is a work of art, I was blown away and decided I had to clean up sooner than the weekend. It was during the NY first trading hour, so I messed up my demo trading a bunch.
A lesson learned is not to take demo less serious than when dollars are on the line: habit formation is critical.

One thing I've decided is that I am going to begin by trading the NY open, eventually add London once or a couple times a week. Trade one to two hours and be done for the day. Be like dchappy and MO (I think) and build up the trading contracts on each trade so less time and fewer pips is more booty drained off. The less time in the market, the less time exposed to small medium and perhaps hugh risks like ... around the world. --Patch The Chart re-designer

Dear Mother of God...I get dizzy just by looking at that chart !!!!

Regards

Carlos

Helmy HAR

BZ idea

Postby Helmy HAR » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:33 pm

Hi guys,

Why should start BZ from the open of daily candle?

Personally, for me the open price for the daily candle is the starting point. At this point the market will have only 2 options. Go up or down. When it goes, up u will see a green candle n goes down it will form a red candle.

When i look at the daily candles, i can see movement in it. And i can see the movement clearly on 5 min charts. So when the price goes back to the open price, i will prepare for another trade.

Thats how I look at it...
KRYPTONS

lukx

Postby lukx » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:57 pm

Helmy, I have a question
Like in this example at the end it was safe to go short again but usally do you think it's safe to go short again when price had come back to SZ ? Or it's safer to wait for it to hit BZ and then go down? Image

Helmy HAR

Postby Helmy HAR » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:04 pm

lukx wrote:Helmy, I have a question
Like in this example at the end it was safe to go short again but usally do you think it's safe to go short again when price had come back to SZ ? Or it's safer to wait for it to hit BZ and then go down? Image

Hi,

In this case if u r still holding the previous trade, dont open a new trade. Just hold. Wait for ur SL/TP. Opening a new trade will only double ur risk.

But the second signal is good to enter if u miss the 1st one.

Hope it explain.
KRYPTONS

Return to “strategy trading & money management”