Postby THEDOMINICANREPUBLIC » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:11 pm

THEDOMINICANREPUBLIC wrote:

this intraday trend made over 1k in profits full lot

AUDUSD 1H This BKOUT of the low withour EMA.I still prefer the EMA confirmation

================================
NAS100
"in my way you can go long or short following the signals in your current time frame,and do not worry about what the market is doing in any other time frame."
The rules are the same in any time frame, so if you are scalping the 1minute chart,and your rules are just to go short when the price is below the trigger sell rat zone and the 5 EMA is below the 10 EMA. You go short even if the bias in all other time frame is in buy mode.
Just respect your stoploss rules
Attachments
NAS100H1.png
NAS100H1.png (78.17 KiB) Viewed 26744 times
NAS100M30.png
NAS100M30.png (81.19 KiB) Viewed 26744 times
NAS100M15.png
NAS100M15.png (84.19 KiB) Viewed 26744 times
NAS100M5.png
NAS100M5.png (84.81 KiB) Viewed 26744 times
NAS100M1.png
NAS100M1.png (95.6 KiB) Viewed 26744 times

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

THEDOMINICANREPUBLIC

Re: RATZONE MY OWN WAY SHORT TRIGGER CONFIRMED

Postby THEDOMINICANREPUBLIC » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:27 pm

NAS100
"in my way you can go long or short following the signals in your current time frame,and do not worry about what the market is doing in any other time frame."
The rules are the same in any time frame, so if you are scalping the 1minute chart,and your rules are just to go short when the price is below the trigger sell rat zone and the 5 EMA is below the 10 EMA. You go short even if the bias in all other time frame is in buy mode.

The reversal started with the 1 M inute chart topping after the record high,will still the bias was in buy mode for all other time frame.That is the reason to focus in just what your time frame is showing.
Attachments
7.png
7.png (87.96 KiB) Viewed 26735 times

THEDOMINICANREPUBLIC

Postby THEDOMINICANREPUBLIC » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:26 am

NAS100

============================================
The 5 EMA filter ,help to avoid some sideway false signals.
Attachments
10.png
10.png (111.06 KiB) Viewed 26719 times

THEDOMINICANREPUBLIC

Postby THEDOMINICANREPUBLIC » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:48 am

NAS100

============================================
The 5 EMA filter ,help to avoid some sideway false signals.

==================================
To trade as a trendfollower make more money that focusing in trade reversals.those traders trading reversals missed the over two moths trend in the daily chart of EURJPY from 10,21 16 to 12/15/17
The BKOUT must be confirmed by the 5 EMA closing above/below the H/L ,to avoid some false signals in sideways market
Attachments
13.png
13.png (92.13 KiB) Viewed 26716 times
12.png
12.png (73.33 KiB) Viewed 26716 times

THEDOMINICANREPUBLIC

Postby THEDOMINICANREPUBLIC » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:52 am

similiar system
The 5 Day Momentum Method
Testing the Cooper Day Trading Method

Gary B. Smith Jan 20, 1998 8:24 AM EST
Editor's Note: This is the third installment of a three-part series on day trading. Click here for part one and here for part two. However, Gary is sufficiently intrigued that there may well be more columns on the topic to come.

Well, the Cooper system worked. End of column. Have a nice day.
Boy, if only things were that straightforward. Of course, they're not, but -- DARN IT! -- couldn't they just be ONCE in our lives?? That being said, let me spend the rest of the time explaining the opening sentence.
My test started on Dec. 1, and concluded on Jan. 13. As I mentioned in last week's column , I had read both of day trader Jeff Cooper's books and if I had had the right software (TradeStation or Supercharts), I could have bought an add-on package and generated the same "hit list" he works off.
But I much preferred to get Jeff's picks directly from Jeff, and fortunately he has a fax service where he sends you the ideal candidates for the next day. Actually, he has three fax services: a list of small-cap stocks; large-cap; and a list of stocks based on his 5 Day Momentum book.
How the candidates are selected, though, is basically the same. Jeff scans the universe of stocks and, according to the chart patterns he likes, culls out the probable winners. He then narrows the list by looking at stocks that usually show a good deal of "movement." As a result, each day I was presented with a list of 15 to 20 candidates. These were generally divided equally among longs and shorts, although at times -- reflecting market conditions -- they were heavily weighted on one side or another. In early January, for example, there were a good deal more shorts than longs.
Ideally, I would have acted on every one of Jeff's recommendations, gathering a fairly large sample set to judge final results. From the start, though, while I agreed with most of his picks, some just didn't look right. Now, I admit, "look right" is not something easily subjected to rigorous scientific testing. All I can say is look at about 200 charts a day. You'll know what I mean.
So from Jeff's list, I'd select about eight or 10 and put orders in for those based on Jeff's methodology: 1/8th above the previous high for longs, 1/8th below the previous low for shorts. In addition, I also threw in a couple of my own selections, but based on similar patterns to what Jeff looks for. I did adhere to his trailing stop methodology, which called for me to start with a maximum 1 point stop-loss, but move that stop-loss to break-even as soon as the position showed a 5/8th- to 3/4th-point profit. After that, if the stock continued to rise, I'd follow along with my trailing stop. Finally, if the stock closed near its high of the day (for longs), or low of the day (for shorts), I'd carry it over to the next day. This occurred about 20% of the time.
Okay, enough stage-setting -- even my eyes are starting to glaze over. Here were the results:
Total number of closed trades (Cooper and Smith picks combined): 99
Total number of wins: 58 (58.59%)
Total number of losses: 41 (41.41%)
Average point gain per win: 1.21
Average point loss per loss: 0.71
Average point profit per trade: 0.41
Total net points during test: 40.59
Total number of closed trades (Cooper only): 34
Total number of wins: 22 (64.71%)
Total number of losses: 12 (35.29%)
Average point gain per win: 1.11
Average point loss per loss: 0.64
Average profit per trade 0.5
Total net points during test: 17
Okay, not too bad. As you can see, Jeff's picks were slightly better than mine, but not significantly so. (Note: Jeff was on vacation for the last two weeks of the year, so he generated no picks during that time.) More winners than losers, which is good. Even better: The average win was significantly higher than the average loss. Bottom line: On 1,000-share lots, this system would have generated $40K net with our combined picks, and $16K with Jeff's picks only. (Commissions, though, are NOT included.) I can certainly live with those kind of results. Okay, all this is good news. Now, some gotchas and random thoughts.
Sample size
You could argue that with only 99 trades, I didn't have a large enough sample size to really test the system. I can't argue with that. However, I received some expert assistance from reader Marsten Parker, who was able to backtest Jeff's methodology using MetaStock. His results were fairly consistent with mine: a higher win rate (68%), and a win size about 50% higher than the loss size.
Fills
Just paper trading the system would not have yielded accurate results. On the other hand, in testing a system, I didn't exactly feel comfortable trading 1,000-share lots. Therefore, I made all trades with either 250- or 500-share lots. Realistically, I might not have received the same exact fills with 1,000-share lots, but in looking back at time and sales on a number of trades, I don't think it would have made a difference.
In fact, some of my fills on the long side, and particularly on the short side, were terrible. So, unlike a paper-traded system, I think the results are accurate.
Online trading
One of Jeff's rules is that if the stock gaps more than 3/4ths of a point above your entry price, then pass on that stock. And that's a good rule. To adhere to that, then, I needed to enter an order with two parts: a buy stop and a buy limit. As an example, say IBM was a long candidate and it closed the previous day at 100. The buy stop would then be 100.125 and the buy limit would be 100.875. Therefore, once IBM traded at 100.125, my order was executable at any price below 100.875. On the other hand, if IBM opened at 101, then I wouldn't have to pay for the "gap" opening. But here's the problem: A lot of online brokers don't allow you to enter an order that way. Ameritrade (which I use) doesn't, and neither does E*Trade, Fidelity, DLJ and many others. That's a problem and if your online system can't handle it, you then have to watch the opening prices. And with 10 candidates in play, that takes concentration.
But, let's say you could keep an eye on all 10, and enter orders only for the ones that don't gap. Well, problem two: Even the swiftest of the traditional online brokers are dreadfully slow. This speed, or lack thereof, probably cost me 1/8th point per trade. It doesn't seem like a lot, but on the 99-trade scenario, that's over $12K. That's a BIG difference.
The only solution: If you're going to day trade, and really want to maximize your performance, you have to either find a broker that takes both stop and limit orders on the same position, or find a broker that can link you directly (well, almost directly) to the floor. Do they exist? They're a niche, but yes. Try AB Watley (XXX). Fills are within seconds, and they display bid/asks of all the market makers for the Nasdaq stocks (i.e. Level II quotes) that allow you to get a slighter better price at times. Watley isn't as cheap as an Ameritrade or Suretrade, but they're less expensive per trade than Schwab and some of the others. (Note: they do have higher monthly charges, however.) Is the speed really necessary for a day trader? Let's put it this way: I'm definitely considering a switch.
The Market
December and January weren't exactly the easiest months to trade, but that's when you really want to test a system. In general, then, I thought Jeff's methodology held up fine. The only time I questioned it was during the gap/whipsaw openings that we saw in early January. My picks would execute and seemingly within minutes, the stock would reverse and hit my stop. Believe me, it's past frustrating to lose $1K in the space of 20 minutes. On the other hand, I don't know any way around it, other than to avoid the open when the S&P futures are way up or way down prior to trading.
Shorting
Shorting is always a pain. You have to wait for an uptick or the stock isn't available to short. I missed some real winners on both counts. You could get around this with some fancy married option strategies, but you probably don't want to go there. No, it's one of the harder parts of trading, and I don't know anyone who's cracked the code.
Time
Still my No. 1 complaint about day trading. Yes, there's some downtime between 10:30 and 3, but basically you're chained to the tube. On the days when I was killing it, it didn't bother me in the slightest. I really miss my noon workouts, though. (Note: Jeff's "5 Day Momentum Method" does not require you to be in front of the tube all day. It's certainly an option.)
Being Flat
Maybe the biggest advantage -- period -- to day trading. There is no better feeling than waking up, finding that the market will open down a billion points and having zippo positions in play.
Conclusion
I'd have to say Jeff's come up with a winning methodology. But, if you think about it, it almost has to work: He only takes a position if momentum reasserts itself, and while the maximum loss he incurs is 1 point, maximum profit is unlimited. (That said, my biggest gain was only 5 1/2 points.) Stack those odds in your favor and you should get exactly what I found: more wins than losses; and the average win being greater than the average loss. But Jeff was right, there aren't a lot of home runs here, and you spend an awful lot of time some days scratching out a measly 3/4 of a point. On the other hand, the biggest point loss I had in any one day was 1.125. All in all, a reliable, solid way of trading. Just keep showing up, and executing, and yes, you should be able to pound out a pretty good year.
But, are there better strategies out there? Perhaps. Is this style of trading for everyone? Of course not. And after all this, is Jeff's day trading method, or anyone else's, for GBS? Stay tuned: I thought this saga was over, but the journey is turning out to be more educational (and hopefully profitable) than I first imagined!

THEDOMINICANREPUBLIC

Postby THEDOMINICANREPUBLIC » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:33 am

Attachments
2.png
2.png (60.46 KiB) Viewed 26691 times

THEDOMINICANREPUBLIC

Postby THEDOMINICANREPUBLIC » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:05 pm

THEDOMINICANREPUBLIC wrote:#1

live trade #1
AUDUSD
short
Price action backing up after hittin upper line
exited using the 1 MINUTE
Attachments
9.png
9.png (68.21 KiB) Viewed 26682 times
8.png
8.png (58.16 KiB) Viewed 26683 times

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:33 pm

So many squiggle, so little time...Lol!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

THEDOMINICANREPUBLIC

Postby THEDOMINICANREPUBLIC » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:41 pm

TheRumpledOne wrote:So many squiggle, so little time...Lol!

I love my lines,they give me a better view because i know what i'm looking for. The EA or the dashboard are not better than my eyes, and as you told me before"trade what you see"
Attachments
18.png
18.png (54.85 KiB) Viewed 26644 times

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:25 am

TheRumpledOne wrote:So many squiggle, so little time...Lol!

I love my lines,they give me a better view because i know what i'm looking for. The EA or the dashboard are not better than my eyes, and as you told me before"trade what you see"

Sometimes what you see is what you think you see. Do not be deceived!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Return to “strategy trading & money management”