"Price movement is the key"

trading strategies and money management discussion, code, results

Moderator: moderators

forexbob

Postby forexbob » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:57 pm

Patch wrote:forexbob

Very cool method of discovery. I am going to save this for future investigations. $999 is way out of my interest level right now.

Have you by any chance taken an excel look a the 19 day trade results of The Fusion-V 1.1a Robot ( http://www.TheFRWC.com ) ?

At the bottom of the statement is listed no open trades.

Thanks

Patch

Patch,
no i did not have time (cq created time) to look at the fusion.
probably the bots will soon appear at some 'underground' websites,
and if they do i will look a little further. not for trading them, but maybe just for learning something from it.
If you would have an excellent robot, why would you sell it.
the fun with compounding is that it goes faster and faster.
so although we gather in the two procent club, one percent a day is also sufficient.
even when not very experienced, i managed 1.5% during december/january with manual trading on just 1 pair usdeur.
but the programmer in me always looks for what are those EA builders doing.

and also for me is $999 way to much to spend, just for fullfilling my curiosity.
The highest Forex rebates: http://www.cashbackforex.info

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

forexbob

Postby forexbob » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:16 pm

forexbob wrote:probably the bots will soon appear at some 'underground' websites,

correction:

:twisted: the bots appeared at some 'underground' website. :twisted:

newschool

Postby newschool » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:08 am

forexbob wrote::twisted: the bots appeared at some 'underground' website. :twisted:

my guess is a certain russian forum hehe

Patch

Postby Patch » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:16 am

I don't know how secret this whole thing was. FXCM was one of the sponsors. Of course newschool the russians are everywhere.

I should have figured that with with over 150,000 bucks in prize money to the top four or five winners, that they were not going to be selling the EA package for 25 bucks. forexbob nailed the price at 999.

forexbob also asked the question if you had a profitable EA would you be selling it? Funny he asked that because I've been pondering that very same question for some time and I don't have an answer just yet. There is a lot to be said for each man and woman to go through the trials by forex fires to reach the point were as protradermopar said today or yesterday, all of a sudden you see it, you can't explain it but you got it. This is where the real deal is made and can't ever be taken away. Lukx has been there too. I don't think anyone who has been there would take anything in the world for this special experience. I wouldn't take anything for my experiences and insights learning about some of the secrets of the BuyZone. jb
ENOUGH being a Yalie for me Back to the Sea. "What i can lose, i can win" "YES YOU CAN" - dragon33 -"Pick one method and one pair and stick with them until you master it. "The choice is yours - success or failure." TRO

forexbob

Postby forexbob » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:24 pm

Patch wrote:I don't know how secret this whole thing was. FXCM was one of the sponsors. Of course newschool the russians are everywhere.

I should have figured that with with over 150,000 bucks in prize money to the top four or five winners, that they were not going to be selling the EA package for 25 bucks. forexbob nailed the price at 999.

forexbob also asked the question if you had a profitable EA would you be selling it? Funny he asked that because I've been pondering that very same question for some time and I don't have an answer just yet. There is a lot to be said for each man and woman to go through the trials by forex fires to reach the point were as protradermopar said today or yesterday, all of a sudden you see it, you can't explain it but you got it. This is where the real deal is made and can't ever be taken away. Lukx has been there too. I don't think anyone who has been there would take anything in the world for this special experience. I wouldn't take anything for my experiences and insights learning about some of the secrets of the BuyZone. jb

good guess :-) all this seems always to pop up 1st on russian servers.

well nothing wrong with someone selling his EA or scripts or get donated for his efforts.(thats not for the money, but like a puppy sold is better treated then a puppy given away)
I would even cooperate in building something which is shared in a little group, but just been a lazy programmer the latest time

But with selling an EA i don't think this will work by doing mass marketing and sell an EA to the masses which have not a clue about trading. It is said that the guys behind fapturbo sold some 60.000 copies, and now are going to bring dedicated chinese and spanish versions of their EA.

If such a large number of people are going to place the same order on the same time it will influence the market. and it's questionable of the profitability of the EA is then still there.

Further i am sure, TRO and others are able to write a profitable EA, but just don't want to (at least not in public). And that is good , they learn people to realize what they are doing wrong, and if it clicks you will be gratefull for the rest of your life, and be able to extract money from the market instead of funding it.

So best maybe just to ignore all, and just continue what you are doing (assuming you are profitable with it)

Ronald Raygun

Postby Ronald Raygun » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:35 pm

Have you been paying attention to the pairs when analyzing SL and TP for LMD MultiCurrency EA?

I'm checking the bulk of the trades made by LMD and most of them seem to be based on Marching Soldiers / Flying Crows (3 bars in a row).

forexbob

Postby forexbob » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:06 pm

hi ronald,
welcome at kreslik

i did not look at LMD yet, but the pdf of the EA states it is
build around chart pattern looking 4/7 days back.
probaly the source will reveal it, unless it is moved to the DLL

newschool

Postby newschool » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:13 pm

IMO a 100sl and 4tp EA is not worth 1$

bredin

Postby bredin » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:04 am

Patch,
I too have been pondering the "if I, would I" ea question..... and heres my thinking:

A profitable EA can only make as much money as it can make with its initial deposit.... If a few copies are sold it only increases the effective deposit, and thus is effectivly a second level of compounding to the profit margin. Note I am not getting into the 'what happens when you sell 60000 units of the ea' question, but at $150 or so im sure we can all do some math: its also probably a lot FASTER than letting the ea trade to make this much money.

The main difference to me is the difference between the thinking of a businessman and a trader, and which one you think like determines whether you think its ok to sell (or rent) the golden goose or not...

Cheers
G
Welcome to the era of "Guns and Maskies" Trading!
The previous message contains discretion. Viewer nudity is advised.
Insanity Industries Indicators Here
Insanity Industries on YouTube!

Patch

Postby Patch » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:21 am

bredin

Great Great insightful post. You've touched on the key points.

Is a trader a businessman? No doubt, a bunch of crap EAs are sold every day. forexbob did a great analysis of the FRWC thing and exposed that my favorite income curve of the number two EA had serious underlying problems. There is a lot to be said for the learning process that comes only one way.

Patch
In VA
ENOUGH being a Yalie for me Back to the Sea. "What i can lose, i can win" "YES YOU CAN" - dragon33 -"Pick one method and one pair and stick with them until you master it. "The choice is yours - success or failure." TRO

Return to “strategy trading & money management”