Market Outlook is it time to correct?

trading strategies and money management discussion, code, results

Moderator: moderators

RicG

Postby RicG » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:30 am

Hey TRO,

I agree, "posting charts in a trading forum shouldn't get you banned." However he's not just posting charts. He posts links to his commercial website where he sells alleged "trading education." He's advertised in his posts, a broker, with whom he has a referral relationship. He posts links to videos that have advertising for his website. It's obvious that he's using Kreslik for free advertising. I'm not sure why you consider him any different that the other market spammers that you've banned. Perhaps you could tell us why you feel he might deserve special treatment.

One of my concerns, when any market spammer posts in this forum, is that new traders, or struggling traders will spend money with an alleged "trading educator", when everything they need to find a successful strategy is right here on Kreslik and it's FREE. Why waste capital, no matter how little, on crap they don't need, and many times is just bad stuff that doesn't work and will cost them a lot of money in the long run. I know that early on in my trading journey, I did just that. I'm simply attempting to help others not make the same mistake.

My perception of Kreslik has been, that it's a group of individual traders helping each other to become successful traders, and not a forum that allows commercial trading ventures to advertise. I was going through some old dragon33 posts this weekend and he and others were complaining about this very thing back in 2008.

Concerning your comment about you being banned: As I understand it, and please correct me if I'm wrong, you've been banned from other trading forums because you were giving away free trading info/strategies/indicators. And the forum owners were concerned that you were taking revenue away from them and their partners. In this case, the situation is completely different.

I appreciate the fact that you are "just trying to be fair and consistent." Obviously this is your forum and you have the right to allow or ban whomever you like. Your forum, your rules.

Thanks for hearing me out.

Ric

PS. I see you've asked him again to respond to this discussion. Should be interesting to see if he does. If you'll recall he never responded here to your question posted Saturday April 12; "What are your intentions?" I feel like that's a tell, that he knows that he's spamming.....lol.
(Disclaimer - This post is for educational purposes only. Always consult a licensed investment professional before taking any trade. Any trade you take is at your own risk.)

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:17 am

OK, Ric... if he doesn't respond to my query by the end of the week, I will ban him.

Fair enough?

Not trying to give anyone special treatment. Just the benefit of the doubt.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

RicG

Postby RicG » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:47 am

Will be interesting to see if he responds.
(Disclaimer - This post is for educational purposes only. Always consult a licensed investment professional before taking any trade. Any trade you take is at your own risk.)

daytradingradio

Postby daytradingradio » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:24 pm

Greetings TheRumpledone, i am posting educational materials daily on the market and not "spamming" sharing charts and setups for daily market direction as you can see.

daytradingradio

Postby daytradingradio » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:10 pm

The Rumpledone thank you for your comment not here to advertise i put our link of the site every know and then its a radio site where we broadcast daily talking about the market trading, as you said " can decide for ourselves whether on not to click on a link. "

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:26 am

Thanks for responding daytradingradio.

I agree with what you said.

The problem is people are protective of their turf on the net. On some forums, it is like a cult. Offer an alternative and you are banned.

I think you only post in this thread so you have carved out your turf on Kreslik. I don't have a problem with that. The reason Michal Kreslik created this site was so I could have a place to post freely.

Some people want to protect newbies from scammers. But I have been accused of being a scammer and I am not a scammer.

So if someone reading this has an idea how daytradingradio can post here on Kreslik and not ruffle feathers, let's hear it.

For the record, I don't know daytradingradio and I am not receiving any compensation from daytradingradio.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

RicG

Postby RicG » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:58 pm

TheRumpledOne wrote:Thanks for responding daytradingradio.

I agree with what you said.

The problem is people are protective of their turf on the net. On some forums, it is like a cult. Offer an alternative and you are banned.

I think you only post in this thread so you have carved out your turf on Kreslik. I don't have a problem with that. The reason Michal Kreslik created this site was so I could have a place to post freely.

Some people want to protect newbies from scammers. But I have been accused of being a scammer and I am not a scammer.

So if someone reading this has an idea how daytradingradio can post here on Kreslik and not ruffle feathers, let's hear it.

For the record, I don't know daytradingradio and I am not receiving any compensation from daytradingradio.
TRO,

Here's a simple, reasonable solution. If he wants to simply post charts/text related to trading, with no spam (i.e. no advertising related stuff/or links to that stuff), he could do that. That would include:

No links to his website

No mention of his website or his commercial venture.

No videos or links to videos that include verbal or visual ads for his website.

No mention/links of the broker or brokers to which he has a referral relationship.

Anything not mentioned above that he does or might start doing that would connect people with his commercial venture/s or brokers, or other commercial "partners".

In other words, he posts like an individual (non-commercial) member of this forum.

Regards,
Ric

daytradingradio

Postby daytradingradio » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:53 pm

Greetings RigG

Thank you for your very much for your response. I agree of what you said and i will post chart/ text related to trading ,

I apologize for the misunderstanding.

thank you

daytradingradio

$NWL hitting it's profit zone from watchlist. Great trade

Postby daytradingradio » Wed May 07, 2014 6:42 pm

$NWL hitting it's profit zone from watchlist. Great trade

Chart Live Image View

daytradingradio

Keys to Success in this Market and Market Radar

Postby daytradingradio » Thu May 08, 2014 3:56 pm

Keys to Success in this Market and Market Radar

Patience is the theme. It is important to stay true to your method and be super patient as you wait for only the best setups to show up. If you stray from this path, your odds of success statistically decrease. We know how to make money when we stick to our method. However, when we're bored and try to make something happen, that's when we lose. I do it myself. It's human nature and so is greed. We have to consciously recognize when we fall out of the laser sharp focus and discipline that's so important to success.

Return to “strategy trading & money management”