simple, tradable, awesome statistics

never design a trading system without proper prior analysis. post your market statistics here

Moderator: moderators

speed26

Postby speed26 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:09 am

PebbleTrader wrote:If you are interested I can elaborate on the removal of time and speed.

Im very curious to learn more about this if you dont mind? (if ok with OP).

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

PebbleTrader

Postby PebbleTrader » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:57 am

Jalarupa is right when he is talking about a line, ONE LINE. I will elaborate later.

Before I continue, I want to make sure you understand what I had previously talked about.

On a scale of 1 to 10 is it a 10? (crystal clear), a 7 (sorta clear), a 3 (very fuzzy)?

The reason I'm asking that is because if I continue down the rabbit hole from here than things are going to seem even stranger and bizarre.

Let me know what you don't understand and we will go from there.

I do want to stress that you will need to be very open minded when in the rabbit hole and reject all your socially reinforced trading paradigms.

I also want to stress that it is just ONE TOOL.
Life is just a journey

PebbleTrader

Postby PebbleTrader » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:17 pm

"I cant understand this issue with higher/smaller timeframes and which one is faster/slower. Everything begins from the tick, so in a sense the tick itself is the source (the begining) of all other moves (TF's just package the information).

All timeframes do the exact same thing and any TF shows what is going on above it and below it (higher or lower TF). How? The 'price-quote' on the right hand side of your chart, it shows the current price, irrelevant of TF your looking at. That 'quote' right there tells you what price is doing "right-now", and it has equal potential to either go up or go down, simply because the quote itself represents the current moment (hence the term trade the 'now', follow but dont predict) and price HAS to move one way or the other. "

With ya :)
Life is just a journey

speed26

Postby speed26 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:29 pm

PebbleTrader wrote:Before I continue, I want to make sure you understand what I had previously talked about.

On a scale of 1 to 10 is it a 10? (crystal clear), a 7 (sorta clear), a 3 (very fuzzy)?

The reason I'm asking that is because if I continue down the rabbit hole from here than things are going to seem even stranger and bizarre.

I do want to stress that you will need to be very open minded when in the rabbit hole and reject all your socially reinforced trading paradigms.

Not sure if you where talking to me or the OP, but either way im sure he is interested aswell :)

Im sorta getting what you mean, but at the same time im not.
Eliminating time from trading automatically eliminates time-based derivatives that can be extracted from price. Which in a sense would eliminate TIME-frames (no time = trading quotes/ticks is all about...i think).

But of course, im all for 120% objectivity which is KEY to making this game work long-term.

Im open minded big time, i dont believe in doing the same-ole-same-thing to expect different results.

If you could start from the begining and take it from there i would personally be delighted and apreciative of your willing to share knowledge.

Thank you.

deltaskelta

Postby deltaskelta » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:33 pm

PebbleTrader wrote:Jalarupa is right when he is talking about a line, ONE LINE. I will elaborate later.

Before I continue, I want to make sure you understand what I had previously talked about.

I understand what you are saying, I just don't get the significance of it. I would say I understand it at a 10, but without meaning it means nothing to me. Make sense?

Please continue

PebbleTrader

Postby PebbleTrader » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:48 pm

I'm not suggesting that we abandon previous tools, but just to be open minded about seeing something in a new way and adding another tool into the toolbox.

I tend to be more visual so I apologize for the lack of words to come...

I will continue onward then if we are all on the same page.

Into the rabbit hole we go!

:)
Life is just a journey

PebbleTrader

Postby PebbleTrader » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:49 pm

"Jalarupa is right when he is talking about a line, ONE LINE. I will elaborate later. "

Let's think of them more as a "dot", and there will be very few dots.

This will make more sense later.
Life is just a journey

PebbleTrader

Postby PebbleTrader » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:59 pm

Life is just a journey

PebbleTrader

Postby PebbleTrader » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:00 pm

All the TIME in the world would do us no good...
Life is just a journey

PebbleTrader

Postby PebbleTrader » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:02 pm

Hold off on ?'s, I've got more to post...
Life is just a journey

Return to “statistics”