simple, tradable, awesome statistics

never design a trading system without proper prior analysis. post your market statistics here

Moderator: moderators

deltaskelta

Postby deltaskelta » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:44 pm

PebbleTrader wrote:Image

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

PebbleTrader

Postby PebbleTrader » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:12 am

Thanks for the clarification, it will certainly help others following this thread understand what you are trying to do.
Life is just a journey

PebbleTrader

Postby PebbleTrader » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:17 am

I am suggesting that we ignore SPEED and TIME.

Yes, they both exist, but what if we pretended they didn't? :shock:
Life is just a journey

PebbleTrader

Postby PebbleTrader » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:19 am

If the market was really moving that fast, than what's to stop it from going to the moon?

....A longer time frame speed...
Life is just a journey

deltaskelta

Postby deltaskelta » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:32 am

ok i think I am starting to pick up a little of what you're putting down, but I just can't seem to apply it to anything. I mean, it sounds more philosophical than practical to me. I know its not going to the moon, but who says since something is fast that it needs to go in a straight line forever? A fast car can change directions whenever it pleases, even a beam of light curves around gravitational disturbances.

-If I wanted to hold for the purple TF, I would (in theory) be catching that faster "average" speed in price, right?

-what do I gain by pretending speed and time don't exist, what is the point? (Is it more than I gain by pretending they do exist)

Thanks for joining in here guys, I like this discussion

:smt041

PebbleTrader

Postby PebbleTrader » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:32 am

"If I wanted to hold for the purple TF, I would (in theory) be catching that faster "average" speed in price, right? "

You would be cruising the faster speed as well.

"what do I gain by pretending speed and time don't exist, what is the point? (Is it more than I gain by pretending they do exist) "

I'm afraid I'm not going to be of any value to helping you with your stat development. If you are interested I can elaborate on the removal of time and speed.
Life is just a journey

PebbleTrader

Postby PebbleTrader » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:34 am

"what do I gain by pretending speed and time don't exist, what is the point? (Is it more than I gain by pretending they do exist) "

Simplicity, less stress and the removal of subjectivity. :)
Life is just a journey

deltaskelta

Postby deltaskelta » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:42 am

PebbleTrader wrote:"If I wanted to hold for the purple TF, I would (in theory) be catching that faster "average" speed in price, right? "

I'm afraid I'm not going to be of any value to helping you with your stat development. If you are interested I can elaborate on the removal of time and speed.

yes, please elaborate on them a little bit. I just cannot understand why you would want to be rid of them I don't see any benefits.

I'm not saying there are no benefits, I just can't see them... Please help lol

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:02 am

deltaskelta wrote:
PebbleTrader wrote:"If I wanted to hold for the purple TF, I would (in theory) be catching that faster "average" speed in price, right? "

yes, please elaborate on them a little bit. I just cannot understand why you would want to be rid of them I don't see any benefits.

I'm not saying there are no benefits, I just can't see them... Please help lol

The most traders here like to keep it real simple...

I think PT means that he will eventually catch the fast up move as he will already be in the trade or looking to engage in the trade based on a Line in the Sand analysis that gets shown here on Kreslik. (I may be wrong in my assumption, but this is my take on it)

What is stressed by MightyOne and other traders who have seen the light is that price/time closes are of utmost importance in judging relative bull / bear strength and this is summed up by drawing a Line in the sand. The game is then called - "does price close over my line or does it close under...?"

If the answer is above and you are long then you will hold on for high closes on larger time frames...

If the answer is below and you long, then you begin to sweat...

The simple key to this methodology is that the larger the timeframe being observed, the greater the relative strength of a Line, and this line allows you to be confident that price will continue to move beyond it with greater speed and make new highs or lows... Which if it doesn't make new highs or lows the it isn't of much importance to the premise of the game being played... The fun starts when new highs or lows are made... ;-)

speed26

Postby speed26 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:04 am

I cant understand this issue with higher/smaller timeframes and which one is faster/slower. Everything begins from the tick, so in a sense the tick itself is the source (the begining) of all other moves (TF's just package the information).

All timeframes do the exact same thing and any TF shows what is going on above it and below it (higher or lower TF). How? The 'price-quote' on the right hand side of your chart, it shows the current price, irrelevant of TF your looking at. That 'quote' right there tells you what price is doing "right-now", and it has equal potential to either go up or go down, simply because the quote itself represents the current moment (hence the term trade the 'now', follow but dont predict) and price HAS to move one way or the other.

Velocity, Displacement, Acceleration et all are derivatives of price but the bottom line is that any currency "pair" that you trade is affected by 2 parties: The base currency and quote currency.

The whole FX market is composed of money, and the sum of this money will "flow" from one particular currency into another (wax on-wax off).

This flow of money will dictate the magnitude of any and all moves and if done properly (which im still trying to do! lol) will increase odds of "catching" better price movements meanwhile eliminating with higher odds the erratic moves.

Any indicator thrown on a chart has a purpose and does what it is built to do, but if the underlying force of the WHOLE FX market is NOT supporting that currency move, then, it will continue to produce false signals.

Maybe im on a rant (out of frustration learning haha) but thought id share this here because the OP is doing what everybody should do - apply statistical analysis to the market.

Return to “statistics”