simple, tradable, awesome statistics

never design a trading system without proper prior analysis. post your market statistics here

Moderator: moderators

deltaskelta

Postby deltaskelta » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:00 pm

PebbleTrader wrote:Yes, it's the Trendsetter indi and the previous link I posted linked over to I I for the discussion of it's creation.

Delta, I have no idea what you are drawing with the red boxes, it looks like you are not seeing that the two candles are showing different times, in other words the if you were to draw a vertical line on the image and it connected the candlesticks and CC, the time stamp is NOT the same.

If there is two red candles in a row and likewise for green, it creates a CC, that is all it is doing, nothing more

Yes, but you are confusing me by saying they are the same indicator when they clearly are NOT THE SAME INDICATOR, the one you posted with the black background may have the same theory, but it is doing something extra with time from the first one over at the other forum.

just for clarification: Thw two indicators from the two pictures I posted above are NOT doing the exact same thing, there is some variation in what they are doing, RIGHT?

I'll keep looking at it in the meantime to see if I finally get it

EDIT: they may not be doing the same thing from different settings, but they are definitely not doing the same thing
Last edited by deltaskelta on Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

deltaskelta

Postby deltaskelta » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:06 pm

"If there is two red candles in a row and likewise for green, it creates a CC, that is all it is doing, nothing more"

If it is doing this, then how come it never skips a candle when there are not two in a row? The other one posted does?

deltaskelta

Postby deltaskelta » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:33 pm

more trying.......I'm really about to have a meltdown

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:35 pm

or you could just download the indi... its free on insanity
:smt065

deltaskelta

Postby deltaskelta » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:39 pm

I did download it, and it just drove me crazier because I could not get it to look the same after playing around with the settings for about an hour.

All I can get is giant candles that box up big TF's

we are talking about JS_CC_TREND, correct? that is the only indicator I could find in that thread

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:48 pm

yes, PT is just allowing one of the custom candles to be drawn and overlaying it on a candle chart
:smt065

deltaskelta

Postby deltaskelta » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:12 pm

OK guys I finally see how the candles are drawn in the picture that PT posted, and I see that it is doing pretty much the same thing, but I still can't see why they are offset. The one MO posted is doing the same thing, but it tracks the chart perfectly.

Is it simply because the "gaps" are closed?

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:37 pm

The chart is drawn backwards from the last CC to close so that there are no gaps between CC.

Note that the Trend Stacker indi holds the general shape of the underlying chart.

PebbleTrader

Postby PebbleTrader » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:49 pm

Just like what MightyOne posted, we wish to see further back in time...
Life is just a journey

deltaskelta

Postby deltaskelta » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:50 pm

MightyOne wrote:The chart is drawn backwards from the last CC to close so that there are no gaps between CC.

Note that the Trend Stacker indi holds the general shape of the underlying chart.

Thanks MO, that made it crystal clear, I don't know why I was having such a hard time seeing that, it was just one of those things that caused my brain to stop, and get stuck in one place.

But now I can see what PT was talking about with time surgery (kind of) all the time is still represented, but some of it is just going to be super compressed, because there were no two candles of the same color, and at other times it will be much less compressed...

Return to “statistics”