Extreme calculations call for extreme computing power

never design a trading system without proper prior analysis. post your market statistics here

Moderator: moderators

Ali Son

Postby Ali Son » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:49 am

Patch, do you trade the EURJPY or just folow it for perspective?

Patch wrote:PT01

Don't hold your breath, the dollar can always either go up or down. It seems to be heading south as I now pay more for water filters I order from Canada, and I am here outside the beltway.

Take a look at the EURJPY. jb

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Patch

Postby Patch » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:57 am

Ali Son

I have been watching it and paper trading it against my strategy. I hope to have the beta version of my EA by the end of this week. I plan of running some back tests to get a feel for what might be the best times to trade and not trade. I am haveing 5 trading times built in.

We shall see.

Patch
ENOUGH being a Yalie for me Back to the Sea. "What i can lose, i can win" "YES YOU CAN" - dragon33 -"Pick one method and one pair and stick with them until you master it. "The choice is yours - success or failure." TRO

eudamonia

Postby eudamonia » Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:00 pm

Patch,

Let us know how it turns out. Good luck you pirate you.

Edward
Eudaimonia (pron.: you-die-moan-e-a) (Greek: εὐδαιμονία) is a classical Greek word commonly translated as 'happiness'. The less subjective "human flourishing" is often preferred as a translation.

Patch

Postby Patch » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:37 am

Hey Edward

I was surprised how difficult it is to find a responsible programmer. I will take delivery this week of the EMA cross beta01. I plan on running it only during hours the market is moving and skip the non trend lunch and slow times.

I am fascinated by the FX Futures. I read an article from maybe here, about banks pulling out of "risky" forex because of their safe loan and credit card interest earnings. I wish I could find that article again and save it and read it closely.jb
ENOUGH being a Yalie for me Back to the Sea. "What i can lose, i can win" "YES YOU CAN" - dragon33 -"Pick one method and one pair and stick with them until you master it. "The choice is yours - success or failure." TRO

Ali Son

Postby Ali Son » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:14 pm

Good for you Patch. And, keep up posted with a couple of strategy performance reports if you get to that stage.

Even though real-time trading is the final and real test, I've learned over the years from Mathemagician and other top system traders who do critique others performance reports and publish equity curves, that you can tell from the behavior of systems within certain parameters (e.g., fast vs. slow systems) that you can spot bogus systems with some practice...but I'm no expert...still learning, though I have seen that to be true.

I know some believe in backtesting (Michal kreslik for example) and others don't (Avery, for example), but that's an interesting debate in and of itself.

Patch wrote:Ali Son

I have been watching it and paper trading it against my strategy. I hope to have the beta version of my EA by the end of this week. I plan of running some back tests to get a feel for what might be the best times to trade and not trade. I am haveing 5 trading times built in.

We shall see.

Patch
Last edited by Ali Son on Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ali Son

Postby Ali Son » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:20 pm

I'd like to make another contribution here on the Kreslik forums.

For those like Patch, mysef and others who, unlike Michal, may not have the inclination and wherewithal to build a first class EXTREME COMPUTER and don't mind spending (or saving for those of us less well-endowed) a few extra dollars for it. These guys custom build the fastest trading desktop computers out there for Wall Street, enough muscle for extreme calculations or optimizations to be more specific.

http://www.tradingcomputers.com:80/

Enjoy!

pr

Progster's New Quad-Core Machine

Postby pr » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:52 pm

I have recently completed a successful build of a new quad-core machine.

I am sharing all the details, every part, steps to build, pictures, etc.

Interested parties may read all about it at this link:

http://codefortraders.com/phpBB3/viewto ... f=71&t=115

Cheers, and Happy New Year!

michal.kreslik

Postby michal.kreslik » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:05 am

Cool, thanks for posting a link, Progster! :)

What is the max stable frequency you were able to squeeze out of the quad with the Freezer 7 Pro? I did my homework and purchased Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme as it seems there's no better air-based cooler available.

Also, are you using any memory coolers?

It's a joy to build a computer like this, isn't it.

Michal

pr

Postby pr » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:38 pm

Michal,

I haven't started my overclocking experiments yet, but I do plan to post that info when it becomes available. So far, I'm just jazzin' on the wonderful stock performance!

I don't have special memory coolers. Do you?

I'm certainly interested in your OC experiences with your new box, if you have that info available.

>It's a joy to build a computer like this, isn't it.

Absolutely! :)

michal.kreslik

Postby michal.kreslik » Sat May 31, 2008 10:40 am

pr wrote:Michal,

I haven't started my overclocking experiments yet, but I do plan to post that info when it becomes available. So far, I'm just jazzin' on the wonderful stock performance!

I don't have special memory coolers. Do you?

I'm certainly interested in your OC experiences with your new box, if you have that info available.

>It's a joy to build a computer like this, isn't it.

Absolutely! :)

I'm now going to set up a new high-performance computing cluster with many parallel cores for performing the calculations. I'll share my experiences with the setup once everything is up and running :)

Michal

Return to “statistics”