Data Mining

never design a trading system without proper prior analysis. post your market statistics here

Moderator: moderators

Patch

Postby Patch » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:18 am

forexbob

You found me out, I am a kameleon rat; I like the colors red and green. Once I master green, I will master red, then comes the purple.

Ultimately, when the market is ranging I would just assume sit on the bench. When it is trending green or red, that is the direction I would like to be going.

Patch
ENOUGH being a Yalie for me Back to the Sea. "What i can lose, i can win" "YES YOU CAN" - dragon33 -"Pick one method and one pair and stick with them until you master it. "The choice is yours - success or failure." TRO

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:42 pm

Patch, you are a YALE STUDENT!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

frang0nve

Postby frang0nve » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:48 am

Hi...,

Here are my two cents for those who can't let a trade opportunity let go (Yale students):

If you are a trader with a strategy and a trading plan (let's say a green rat) and in your trading plan you risk X% of your balance.
Then if another strategy opportunity appears in front of your eyes (let's say a red rat reversal setup) and you simply can't let it go...:

You can open a position accordingly risking (X/100)% or (X/1000)% of your balance. At the end of the month you can assess if all those rogue trades were adding to your balance or not.

Cheers

Francisco

pika

Postby pika » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:26 pm

Hi TRO,

I am not exactly sure why we can't be a green and red rat at the same time. Since the daily high and daily low will not happen at the same time, that means we can apply the same method to both ends of the daily candle right?

Is there not a time when we should change the color of our rat, such as when we see a trend reversal in the longer time frame (i.e. weekly, monthly)?

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Return to “statistics”