Day Trader Demographics

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

RicG

Day Trader Demographics

Postby RicG » Sat May 24, 2014 8:47 pm

Hi all,

I've been attempting to find reasonably up-to-date demographics on day traders with little success. Beyond the basic Google/Bing searches, I've also looked for such information at the SEC and other governmental websites with no real luck. The only study I've found thus far, that had a small amount of demographic statistics included, was put out by the SEC all the way back in in the year 2000.

At the recommendation of a trader on another board, I contacted two professors who publish extensive market studies (not necessarily demographics), but haven't heard back as of this time. Those two are:
Antonio Bernardo, Professor of Finance, at the UCLA Anderson School of Management
Professor Brad M. Barber Graduate School of Management University of California, Davis.

I've also contacted the National Association of Day Traders, but haven't heard back.

So......do any of the fine folks here on Kreslik know where I can find up-to-date day trader demographics?

Any help would be appreciated,
Ric
(Disclaimer - This post is for educational purposes only. Always consult a licensed investment professional before taking any trade. Any trade you take is at your own risk.)

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Tue May 27, 2014 5:36 am

I don't have a clue.

What information are you trying to get?

What exactly do you want to know??
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

RicG

Postby RicG » Tue May 27, 2014 1:02 pm

TheRumpledOne wrote:I don't have a clue.

What information are you trying to get?

What exactly do you want to know??

Trying to find up-to-date, standard demographic subsets; gender, age, ethnicity, languages, annual earnings, employment status, location, etc.
(Disclaimer - This post is for educational purposes only. Always consult a licensed investment professional before taking any trade. Any trade you take is at your own risk.)

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”