TIME - What is it?

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

PebbleTrader

TIME - What is it?

Postby PebbleTrader » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:09 pm

Created to discuss CRAZY IDEAS about TIME...
:idea:
Life is just a journey

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

PebbleTrader

Postby PebbleTrader » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:11 pm

What is the role of TIME in trading?

We tend to think of TIME as the passage of it, as in via a clock.

Is time really just the "ticking" of the "hands" of a clock?

Even those that work on the atomic clock have said "Our clocks do not measure time. No, time is defined to be what OUR clocks measure." Time is defined by the number of "clicks" of THEIR clocks.

Time is somewhat of an illusion, if not an illusion (something that humans have created and are continually deceived by). What if it is really just the continuous flow of "now moments"? What if it is not what we think it is?

Time is a relationship and changes from place to place and person to person. Our relationship to time changes as we age or how we perceive the passage of time (young children experience time differently than do older people).

Time is a one-way process; it never reverses, even though no laws restrict it. It is like the "arrow of time".

Timeframes only show a condensed version of what actually took place. M1, M5, M15, M30, H1, D1, W1, etc., is an indicator that show only a small portion of the different price levels that actually occurred most often the high, low, open and close in the form of a shape (bar or candlestick).

What if it only exists so that all price levels do not all occur at the same time.

It creates a sense of order in the market where without time, complete chaos would exist.

It allows for a single price level to occur and then the next to occur in a sequential way. If it were a book or a movie it would step forward from beginning to middle to end. From the historical start of trading currency to now to the end where currency gets replaced with "something" else.

It is not so much the passage of time that really matters, but the subsequent intervals of price numbers that follow.

What if it is really about price moving back and forth between supply and demand in what appears to be an orderly and sequential way.
Life is just a journey

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:18 am

Nice post PebbleTrader!

:D
It always takes Momentum to break Momentum!
"A small loss is just as satisfying as a large gain" -MO
"Sometimes we need to stop learning and start thinking...."
"Once you stack, you'll never go back!"

Humble

Postby Humble » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:04 am

"Our relationship to time changes as we age or how we perceive the passage of time (young children experience time differently than do older people). "

This is something my mother used to say and I'm am now (just :)) starting to experience myself. I assume it's to do with the speed at which we move (and think?) and perhaps the amount of time we spend not moving.

Young people say they are board and old people say they are relaxing, when both doing the same thing!
Is price closing higher or lower than something? Simple yet powerful question. ..MO

PebbleTrader

Postby PebbleTrader » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:31 am

I assume it's to do with the speed at which we move (and think?) and perhaps the amount of time we spend not moving.

Young people say they are board and old people say they are relaxing, when both doing the same thing!

Humble,

Check out this experiment:

Counting Time Experiment - Age Differences
Life is just a journey

PebbleTrader

Postby PebbleTrader » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:50 am

Another VERY INTERESTING experiment:

Does Time Slow Down
Life is just a journey

newscalper

Postby newscalper » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:23 am

Humble wrote:"Our relationship to time changes as we age or how we perceive the passage of time (young children experience time differently than do older people). "

This is something my mother used to say and I'm am now (just :)) starting to experience myself. I assume it's to do with the speed at which we move (and think?) and perhaps the amount of time we spend not moving.

It's all just relativity. Time is different depending on where you observe it from. And if you really want to start looking at what time may or may not be you need to start looking at the universal constant.

RicG

Postby RicG » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:44 am

"Does anybody really know what time it is, does anybody really care....."
(Disclaimer - This post is for educational purposes only. Always consult a licensed investment professional before taking any trade. Any trade you take is at your own risk.)

bettlebox

Postby bettlebox » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:12 pm

RicG wrote:"Does anybody really know what time it is, does anybody really care....."

If you really want to understand something you need to rise to level above it and then you will see it for what it is. Man is incapable of clearly examing anything if he is below or on the same level as it.

Question: Where do the measures of time originate from: seconds, minutes, hours, weeks, and months?

Answer:
They originate from astronomy, from the movement of the Earth, the Sun, and the Moon with relation to one another. However, the upper roots lie in Zeir Anpin which is divided into six parts. Twelve Partzufim times two correspond to the 24 hour day. The Book of Zohar writes about this.

Humanity has instinctively established a time scale that corresponds to the spiritual root. Baal HaSulam gives a similar example about a peasant in ancient times who saw a mountain and called it the Mount of Olives. This name has a spiritual meaning, but he simply thought that it would be a good place for growing olive trees. This is the way the spiritual root works in a person.

The same applies to the measures of time. Their origins stem from the revolving of Zeir Anpin and Malchut, from 24 Partzufim, from six Sefirot, where each of them is ten, which corresponds to 60 seconds in one minute and 60 minutes in one hour. The upper system is reflected in our world in the form of the interaction between the Sun, the Moon, and the Earth.

This is also the origin of the division of time into months and years as well as the measures that do not have equivalents in astronomy, like a week, the seventh year, the fiftieth year, and so on. Everything comes from the spiritual world.

BB

PS. This is the machine behind reality that people never get to see.
There are two forces acting upon us: Suffering pushes us forward from behind and pleasures entice us and pull us forward.

PebbleTrader

Postby PebbleTrader » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:19 pm

"Price is the same on all time frames"

^-----That is a belief about trading.

As traders we act on our beliefs about what the market is and is not.

I am not suggesting that we try to come up with a universal definition about what TIME really is. In my search I have found that nobody really has an answer.

What I'm suggesting is that we stretch ourselves beyond just "Well, time is what the clock on my computer says..."

I'm talking about creating a trading belief about time, just like "Price is the same on all time frames" is a belief.

Nobody talks about TIME, other than TF, search the trading forums and you'll find mostly talk about ANYTHING BUT TIME.

This could be made into a belief about trading time:

"Does anybody really know what time it is, does anybody really care....."

Nobody knows what time is and most of the time when I am trading I don't care. :)

Whatever the belief may be, it is something that is in alignment with your other trading beliefs and overall enhances your trading skills.
Life is just a journey

Return to “TheRumpledOne”