How to be a MOnster

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

User avatar
Mira
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1531
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:37 pm
Reputation: 1496
Gender: Male

Re: How to be a MOnster

Postby Mira » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:34 am

Last night I was backtesting the BuyZone.. but I can’t figure out how to trade it as a ‘set and forget’.
Trading it like a straddle is dangerous since many times price wicks both the triggers..

Ahhh.. every time I end up dreaming options :lol:
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
BlindMan
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:01 am
Reputation: 29
Gender: None specified

Re: How to be a MOnster

Postby BlindMan » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:15 am

Mira wrote:Last night I was backtesting the BuyZone.. but I can’t figure out how to trade it as a ‘set and forget’.
Trading it like a straddle is dangerous since many times price wicks both the triggers..

Can you post the chart you were looking at? (If you don't mind of course)

Regarding the 'set and forget', If by set and forget you mean "SL here, TP there, whichever gets hit first", I've tried but I haven't found a way to do it that way (yet :lol: ).

User avatar
LeMercenaire
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2084
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:11 am
Reputation: 1558
Gender: None specified

Re: How to be a MOnster

Postby LeMercenaire » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:48 pm

Mira wrote:Last night I was backtesting the BuyZone.. but I can’t figure out how to trade it as a ‘set and forget’.
Trading it like a straddle is dangerous since many times price wicks both the triggers..

Ahhh.. every time I end up dreaming options :lol:


Remember the way I trade it I am running a single direction only, so only way a double-wick fest would hit me was if the stop was too close.

I should also point out that I was only musing on the possibility of running it Set-And-Forget, I don't actually do that myself.

User avatar
Mira
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1531
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:37 pm
Reputation: 1496
Gender: Male

Re: How to be a MOnster

Postby Mira » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:57 pm

Thank you friends.

Yes, then I realised that a ‘set and forget’ could work only having a bias to avoid double triggers.
When this very full moment ends (the next week) I’ll be 100% on it, at least to know if I can make it work :lol:
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

User avatar
Mira
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1531
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:37 pm
Reputation: 1496
Gender: Male

Re: How to be a MOnster

Postby Mira » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:36 pm

Home sweet home :lol:

I was focusing on BuyZones when my mind went back on the Buzzard and the RAT.
Well I was looking for a “end of the day” strategy so I tried to look at RATs on daily charts: BOMB.

It works, it’s simple and efficient.
I was looking for a secondary “strategy” to run parallel to the primary one, that is based on zlines and doji zones, for having a consistent trading activity (You know my lack of time) and I found that the rat strategy is robust and effective.

Thanks TRO, and thanks again to EVERYBODY because I love all the stuff that you shared here on the board.
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
Mira
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1531
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:37 pm
Reputation: 1496
Gender: Male

Re: How to be a MOnster

Postby Mira » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:48 pm

I made some adaptation to what i see, however it remains a RAT 8)

I plot a line on the previous monthly bar's high, low and midpoint (TRO_HL5 ).

USDCADMonthlyRoadMap.png
USDCADMonthlyRoadMap.png (33.73 KiB) Viewed 439 times


I go to the daily and i wait to be at the current high or low of the current month, then i'd look for a RAT away from the previous monthly levels.
The stop loss is above/below the MN H/L.
Targets are the so hated discretionary part of the orginal RAT strategy :lol: The take what you can. I'm projecting a 1:0,5 and a 1:1 from the breakout line, however i'm working on the use of s/d zones and ATR to make better guesses.

USDCADDailyRAT.png
USDCADDailyRAT.png (33.56 KiB) Viewed 439 times


For the desperation i even tried to watch it on mystic pairs lol

USDTHBMonthly.png
USDTHBMonthly.png (35.18 KiB) Viewed 439 times


USDTHBDaily.png
USDTHBDaily.png (32.64 KiB) Viewed 439 times


There are fails but they are very rare, especially considering a little 'refine' (a few more personal rules that i'll post when i'll see one).

One more important and beautiful point is that after the rat bar closes you can drop down and use the advantage of the intraday to trade the D1 rat, if that day you have time for example.

USDTHBH1.png
USDTHBH1.png (36.77 KiB) Viewed 439 times
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

User avatar
Mira
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1531
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:37 pm
Reputation: 1496
Gender: Male

Re: How to be a MOnster

Postby Mira » Thu May 09, 2019 9:39 am

Now that I paid a champagne bottle to my broker - aka I burned my micro account one more time - I’m back home.
I took a pause from the forum to focus on my mistakes and as Leo says I’m back to the day one.
Lately I’ve been on Dc’s “1-2-3” thread and it convinced me to look for simplicity.
Simplify is my new motto, I want no more over-complicate stuff.. it’s not profitable.

My first trade from last night was a small win, hoping that it can sign up a new beginning for me and my trading.

As you see I’m still trading doji zones, a MA should separate the point #1 and #2 of a 1-2-3.
A momo back to the zone marks the #3 point.

3D693D69-7CC0-4AC1-BD52-8CDAF659D825.png
3D693D69-7CC0-4AC1-BD52-8CDAF659D825.png (196.36 KiB) Viewed 82 times
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

aliassmith
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1936
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm
Reputation: 394
Gender: Male

Re: How to be a MOnster

Postby aliassmith » Thu May 09, 2019 10:33 am

Mira wrote:Now that I paid a champagne bottle to my broker - aka I burned my micro account one more time - I’m back home.
I took a pause from the forum to focus on my mistakes and as Leo says I’m back to the day one.
Lately I’ve been on Dc’s “1-2-3” thread and it convinced me to look for simplicity.
Simplify is my new motto, I want no more over-complicate stuff.. it’s not profitable.

My first trade from last night was a small win, hoping that it can sign up a new beginning for me and my trading.

As you see I’m still trading doji zones, a MA should separate the point #1 and #2 of a 1-2-3.
A momo back to the zone marks the #3 point.

3D693D69-7CC0-4AC1-BD52-8CDAF659D825.png


I have to correct that statement. I have seen people trade many different ways. Simple works for some people and complicated works for others. Its more about finding what works for you.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

User avatar
Mira
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1531
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:37 pm
Reputation: 1496
Gender: Male

Re: How to be a MOnster

Postby Mira » Thu May 09, 2019 10:53 am

aliassmith wrote:
Mira wrote:Now that I paid a champagne bottle to my broker - aka I burned my micro account one more time - I’m back home.
I took a pause from the forum to focus on my mistakes and as Leo says I’m back to the day one.
Lately I’ve been on Dc’s “1-2-3” thread and it convinced me to look for simplicity.
Simplify is my new motto, I want no more over-complicate stuff.. it’s not profitable.

My first trade from last night was a small win, hoping that it can sign up a new beginning for me and my trading.

As you see I’m still trading doji zones, a MA should separate the point #1 and #2 of a 1-2-3.
A momo back to the zone marks the #3 point.

3D693D69-7CC0-4AC1-BD52-8CDAF659D825.png


I have to correct that statement. I have seen people trade many different ways. Simple works for some people and complicated works for others. Its more about finding what works for you.


lol I was expecting a reply like this.
Yes, I meant that it’s not profitable for me.

Personally I find difficult to understand the discretionary part of every trading style, my flaw is that I methodise strategies until they make me blind and I’m back again to the starting point.
I set a new rule, then another one and so on..

Aaaah shame on me
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

User avatar
LeMercenaire
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 2084
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:11 am
Reputation: 1558
Gender: None specified

Re: How to be a MOnster

Postby LeMercenaire » Thu May 09, 2019 1:50 pm

Mira wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
Mira wrote:Now that I paid a champagne bottle to my broker - aka I burned my micro account one more time - I’m back home.
I took a pause from the forum to focus on my mistakes and as Leo says I’m back to the day one.
Lately I’ve been on Dc’s “1-2-3” thread and it convinced me to look for simplicity.
Simplify is my new motto, I want no more over-complicate stuff.. it’s not profitable.

My first trade from last night was a small win, hoping that it can sign up a new beginning for me and my trading.

As you see I’m still trading doji zones, a MA should separate the point #1 and #2 of a 1-2-3.
A momo back to the zone marks the #3 point.

3D693D69-7CC0-4AC1-BD52-8CDAF659D825.png


I have to correct that statement. I have seen people trade many different ways. Simple works for some people and complicated works for others. Its more about finding what works for you.


lol I was expecting a reply like this.
Yes, I meant that it’s not profitable for me.

Personally I find difficult to understand the discretionary part of every trading style, my flaw is that I methodise strategies until they make me blind and I’m back again to the starting point.
I set a new rule, then another one and so on..

Aaaah shame on me


One of the main annoyances I had when I took my first steps in this world was falling prey to paralysis through analysis. In looking to find a method, I would test and test and test some more, never actually getting started.

It took a friend to slap that out of me and I think it had something to do with the control aspect, coupled with the need for it to be perfect. I think I carried that over from my sporting life and expected the same approach to work here as well.

We all know how that goes.

From there, I flipped it completely, now I may layer 10 million different options onto a potential method but then brutally hack most of it away again, until all that is left is the bare minimum to make it work.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “TheRumpledOne”