Pivot Points

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

SAP

Pivot Points

Postby SAP » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:30 pm

I spend a lot of time marking and determing Pivot points on charts. I label them as HH, HL, LL, LH, HL?? and LH??. The rules are pretty simple. HH's and LL's are confirmed when price pulls back into the Fib Zone back across the Mid Keltner Channel band. HL's and LH's are confirmed when price goes back to the HH or LL at least 40% of the way and back across the MKCB again. Until it does that "go back" I label it LH?? or HL??.

If anyone could help me in creating a TS indicator or show me that could help me speed this up I would apreciate it.

I have attached a zip file of a chart where I have marked the PP's on.

Thanks
Scott
Attachments
Chart.zip
(55.36 KiB) Downloaded 137 times

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

koolbreeze

Postby koolbreeze » Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:28 pm

SAP,
I was wondering why you need to label the pivots on your chart as they are plainly visible when viewing your posted template. The labels are nice but for me they just clutter up the chart. Am I missing something?

SAP

Postby SAP » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:10 am

Its the only thing I use. No indicators. The pivot points determine the Market Flow for me and the Moving Averages determine the overall trend. I look at three charts at once. Weekly, Daily and 60. I want to know what price is doing on all three time frames. For example, the daily may be going down and a person might be thing short if they were just looking at the daily chart, however on the weekly, price is in the Fib Zone or at the moving averages for support and I am thinking long, looking for one of the 3 price patterns (with the use of Pivot Points) I use to get long. I set orders to get long or short on breaks of those PP's.

koolbreeze

Postby koolbreeze » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:39 pm

SAP,

You may want to look at the following TS ELD for Pivots. You can modify the pivot code to be based on the mid kelter channel band if you feel it's worth the effort.
Attachments
20070731214443PRICE_ACTION.ELD
(5.39 KiB) Downloaded 157 times

khalid

Postby khalid » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:54 am

Scott,

If you are into EasyLanguage, take a look at this:

http://www.trading-naked.com/Oatpoints_Tradestation.htm

Khalid

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Return to “beginners forum”