TheRumpledOne switching to NeoTicker? New group discount

platform related discussion

Moderator: moderators

sergiu

Postby sergiu » Sun May 20, 2007 9:03 pm

When i first got TS i did not have any programming experience in any language whatsoever. I basically learned EL from scratch on my own which took me about 3 months and a lot of hard work. Finally i got quite proficient at it. But as this happened i started to realize that as you guys point out there quite a few things i am not happy with when it comes to TS:

Not being able to get a permanent license.
Not being able to use any broker/feed i chose.
TS's unwillingness to implement certain features that have been requested for years. etc.

While i have not yet experienced EL's limitations that might happen as i get more proficient in different aspects.

Neo seems like a very nice alternative. The only thing that bothers me is the programming aspect. So i guess my question is can someone with no programming background manage to learn C# on their own and become proficient at it. How much time should i be looking to invest in learning it?
I have plenty of determination but just wanted other people opinions to know what i am in for.
All your comments will be greatly apreciated.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

michal.kreslik

Postby michal.kreslik » Mon May 21, 2007 1:41 pm

sergiu wrote:So i guess my question is can someone with no programming background manage to learn C# on their own and become proficient at it.

Certainly. After all, even the best programmers in the world have started with no programming experience when they were born :)

There's lots of learning literature and video courses to help you learn C#.NET out there.

You can learn C#.NET language in 14 days, but what really consitutes a good .NET programmer is to come to grips with the base classes. Which is a task that takes the whole life :) The good news is that you don't have to learn all of them - just start with those that you need the most for your work.

Michal

euro99

Postby euro99 » Sun May 27, 2007 10:27 am

Well here I am with full neoticker, rain on the mountain where there should usually be sunshine or snow.. more real time feeds than you could shake a stick at...

The c# bit is a relief for me (I have worked with c# and .net since the first privileged alpha releases), I have loads of people to call on for in-depth sql etc..

So now it's just the neoticker documentation I have to contend with!! But one thing is clear - this is written for traders. As much as the user in me finds neoticker needlessly irritating the trader in me sees exactly why it is that way. I'm looking forward to this.

michal.kreslik

Postby michal.kreslik » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:43 am

euro99 wrote:Well here I am with full neoticker, rain on the mountain where there should usually be sunshine or snow.. more real time feeds than you could shake a stick at...

The c# bit is a relief for me (I have worked with c# and .net since the first privileged alpha releases), I have loads of people to call on for in-depth sql etc..

So now it's just the neoticker documentation I have to contend with!! But one thing is clear - this is written for traders. As much as the user in me finds neoticker needlessly irritating the trader in me sees exactly why it is that way. I'm looking forward to this.

Let's see which one of the two (user x trader) wins 8)

Michal

euro99

Postby euro99 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:06 pm

I have to say that so far I see little logic, and less documentation, in the object model the way that it is exposed by the (ex-delphi) interfaces. It is difficult to be clear about what is being instantiated and when by the originating application.

On that basis the thing to do is to place a c# event driven framework right on top of the NT interfaces to bring some sense into it. I am busy doing that - but my big worry would be the overhead brought into the dll would have an impact on performance.

What I think we are going to end up with is a sensible class hierarchy that can be driven either (a) by Neoticker through the interfaces or (b) for the ultimate efficiency through a raw tickstream.

At least that way nothing will be lost if neoticker turns out to have too much spaghetti under the bonnet.

masber2000

Postby masber2000 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:12 pm

Michal-

I don't know if you are setting up another group discount for the NeoTicker platform, but if you are, sign me up!

If you're not, where can I find NeoTicker users that want to sell their license?

Regards-

masber2000

zarni

Postby zarni » Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:01 pm

I am selling my license.
email me if you like martin3(at)gmail.com

Return to “NeoTicker platform”