TheRumpledOne switching to NeoTicker? New group discount

platform related discussion

Moderator: moderators

Patch

Postby Patch » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:12 pm

Hi Oli

I was at the Pirate's Gathering at Pirates Cove, AZ this weekend and spoke with Michal for a couple hours primarily about Neo T and came away thinking the same thing.

The fact that TS has acted like a bucket shop and traded against its own clients in the past really soured me on them, if they've done it once, they may do it again and integrity and honesty would never have done it in the first place. The negatives are stacking up on TS and I just don't want them to be making any money from me, nor do I want to give them a chance to trade against me ever!!!

And more importantly, Neo Tick is awesome in its own right.

Jeff in VA

Jeff in VA
ENOUGH being a Yalie for me Back to the Sea. "What i can lose, i can win" "YES YOU CAN" - dragon33 -"Pick one method and one pair and stick with them until you master it. "The choice is yours - success or failure." TRO

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

michal.kreslik

Postby michal.kreslik » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:04 pm

Oli,

I'm not pushing anyone to anything as I don't need to. I'm just happy that I made the switch - which was a tough decision for me - and I want my friends to be happy, too.

Probably the biggest difference between NeoTicker and Tradestation is that NeoTicker's core business is trading platforms while Tradestation's core business is the brokerage.

If you think about it for a second, this simple fact alone speaks volumes.

Michal

eudamonia

Postby eudamonia » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:22 pm

I'd just like to reiterate some of Michal has mentioned. Michal started my thought process about switching to NeoTicker about 7 months ago. I spent several months in denial - after all I had worked so hard to get TS to work, I spent several more months waffling - what if I couldn't figure it out? About a month ago I bought NT. I'll be honest enough to say that Michal is right - NT is a Ferrari, it is powerful but as Michal reminded me this weekend - you must know what you're doing!

So true. I am still learning how to use NT and I am working on knowing what I am doing. Although NT is difficult to learn and its interface may not be the most sleek, the incentives are powerful and overwhelming to the competition:

1) Timestamp tick data (never going to happen in TS)
2) Open interface for many brokerage options
3) Open interface for many programming languages
4) The Sim Server - a good reason to check out NT on its own. This allows you to simulate your strategies/discretionary method in real time tick by tick at anywhere from 1X speed up to 500X speed.
5) TRO and Avery and many other great programmers who have an interest.

For those folks out there who are unsure of making the switch - that's cool. Take your time like I did or jump right in like Michal. Neither Michal, Avery or I get any money from promoting NT. We just think its powerful and worth the learning curve - that's all. Trade your own way, be happy.

Edward
Eudaimonia (pron.: you-die-moan-e-a) (Greek: εὐδαιμονία) is a classical Greek word commonly translated as 'happiness'. The less subjective "human flourishing" is often preferred as a translation.

Niagara

Postby Niagara » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:27 pm

Hi, I am new here. I have followed TRO's coding ability in Stockfetcher, and he has made reference a couple of times to this site. I am presently looking for his money management spreadsheet.
On the issue of software, I am using the EOD free data Stockshare. I have visited the site Elite Trader where they review software, and the software MultiCharts seems popular to some, and I think it is TS code compatable. The reviews are given by users. Some think it is the successor to TS.
BTW, I have joined after the big discount to Neoticker.

Patch

Postby Patch » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:13 pm

Hi Niagara

Welcome to Kreslik, the finest trading forum on the net in my opinion !!! I am moving money around and about to pick up NeoTic soon.

The MoneyManagementChart.xls is at: http://kreslik.com/forums/dload.php?act ... y&cat_id=2

TRO also has one about 2% net a day, or make it 3%. It doesn't take much to really change your life. This is at: http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/T ... One/files/
at the very bottom of the download page.

Patch the Pirate
In VA

TwoPercent_Blank.zip
ENOUGH being a Yalie for me Back to the Sea. "What i can lose, i can win" "YES YOU CAN" - dragon33 -"Pick one method and one pair and stick with them until you master it. "The choice is yours - success or failure." TRO

xstek

Postby xstek » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:37 pm

Oli, I am glad you are opening up to Neoticker. I am a professional, which means all of my salary is derived from trading or trading related activities. I started using Neo in 2002 to trade futures, qqqq, and I paid full price, by the way. Now I am using it to trade FX managed accounts.

My perspective is that of a trader and not a tech guy so that might color my viewpoint. After trying Tradestation, Thompson, Esignal etc. I found Neo to be the most trader friendly. I know Mic said something about "geeky interface" but I think that applies more to the programming and not the charting etc. As far as I am concerned it is more about not paying a monthly fee, being able to build a CurreneX interface, auto trading, Cust service, and multiple programming languages. I have found the charting to be easy for me to use and there are loads of indicators that can be customized without too much problem.

One thing I would like to point one out, is the multiple programming languages. When I get a Brainstorm or Braincramp, I need someone to program it for me. Our CIO works mostly in vb.net so he can program in that language, but if he is too busy, we can offshore it to India and get it done in C+++++++ or whatever it is. Also Ken and Lawrence at Neo have very, very reasonable rates for programming, and no I am not worried about them stealing anything.

Also there is the point of TS being an IB for Gain, if you want auto execution you must go through Gain. At 3 wide they are not at the cutting edge. And I will add, since I have had personal experiance with this, TS cust service is no service.

Anyway all the best

XSTEK

michal.kreslik

Postby michal.kreslik » Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:47 am

Niagara wrote:Hi, I am new here. I have followed TRO's coding ability in Stockfetcher, and he has made reference a couple of times to this site. I am presently looking for his money management spreadsheet.
On the issue of software, I am using the EOD free data Stockshare. I have visited the site Elite Trader where they review software, and the software MultiCharts seems popular to some, and I think it is TS code compatable. The reviews are given by users. Some think it is the successor to TS.
BTW, I have joined after the big discount to Neoticker.

Hi Niagara,

you mentioned Multicharts - currently I have been contacted by their managment and we are working towards some exclusive Multicharts discount for kreslik.com members, too.

So stay tuned.

Michal

michal.kreslik

Postby michal.kreslik » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:28 am

xstek wrote:And I will add, since I have had personal experiance with this, TS cust service is no service.

TS is employing a sly trick to make you think their cust service is excellent, though.

First, register as a TS customer. Then:
  • post your first (1.) post on the TS forums. You will get an answer in no time from the TS staff. No matter how retarded your question might be.
  • you will get a slower response on your 10. post
  • you will get no response on your 100. post
  • if by any chance you stick with Tradestation long enough so that you are ready to post your 3000. post, you are most probably a hot candidate for being banned
They are monitoring the introductory posts for all users and those posts are always getting the highest priority as people are just checking out what the Tradestation feedback is. Thus, beginners are getting a false picture on what the feedback and overall customer care really is, but it keeps them with Tradestation.

The catch: the more you work in Tradestation, the less you are willing to switch to some other platform. The bitter truth of virtually non-existent support for the advanced users (and for high post number @ TS forum) comes too late, though - you have already done so much work in Tradestation that even the Tradestation's total lack of interest about customers doesn't make you to switch the platform.

This is exactly the point where the TS agony of "I know TS sucks, but I've done so much work in it already that I simply can't switch now. Let's reevalute that later as I don't want to admit I picked the wrong platform" begins.

Suprisingly for some, the only way on how to end the agony is to make a switch.

Michal

Niagara

Postby Niagara » Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:25 pm

I went to the Elite Trader site and looked up Neoticker, and it had a 100% approval rating by the users who rated it.

Oli

Postby Oli » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:39 pm

@xstek

yes, I am moving more and more into NeoTicker. I am lucky enough to trade fulltime so I can devote some weeks to skill transfers.

It is the "openness' of NT (that Michal opened my eyes to) that has hooked me. All other platforms want to fleece you for functionality add-ons. With NT you yourself can create all the addons you want. That is power!

Return to “NeoTicker platform”