TheRumpledOne switching to NeoTicker? New group discount

platform related discussion

Moderator: moderators

4x=0

Postby 4x=0 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:10 pm

TheRumpledOne wrote:Someone needs to get back to trading!!

LMAO!!

I'm a man of many trades TROseph -- that 5 minute shop-job while wrought with satire was well worth the tangential final product :lol:

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

4x=0

Postby 4x=0 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:20 pm

tradecrazy

WaveRunner offer vs Kreslik.com

Postby tradecrazy » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:47 pm

I'm interested in what the deal actually is. Waverunner is also offering a deal on their add-on software if you buy NeoTicker through them. If you know about it, can you explain the difference of theirs to the one offered here?

Thnx,

mlt

michal.kreslik

Re: WaveRunner offer vs Kreslik.com

Postby michal.kreslik » Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:17 am

tradecrazy wrote:I'm interested in what the deal actually is. Waverunner is also offering a deal on their add-on software if you buy NeoTicker through them. If you know about it, can you explain the difference of theirs to the one offered here?

Thnx,

mlt

Hello, Mark,

first of all, I'm not a reseller of NeoTicker nor do I get anything if you buy NeoTicker thru kreslik.com discount. I will be happy if you get NeoTicker wherever you deem is the best for you!

I have just looked into the WaveRunner NeoTicker offer and they say that you pay $1297 for NeoTicker with them and you get a free quarterly license to WaveRunner RT in that bundle.

This deal is great if you are getting ready to buy the WaveRunner RT quarterly license for $525 in any case. That way you save 128 bucks.

But if you are not interested in the WaverRunner RT quarterly license (which I guess is a littlebit overpriced anyway), then you pay extra 397 bucks compared to the kreslik.com discounted price.

Michal

Oli

Postby Oli » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:27 am

I have been trialling NeoTicker with my eSignal feed over the last week and think that it sucks...

I have used many many platforms (AmiBroker, MetaStock, Multicharts, eSignal and Invester R/T) and Neoticker is the least intuitive and most restrictive I have used to date.

Just compare the number of viewable candles you can squeeze into anytime frame - even on that simple test Neoticker falls behind...

good luck to TRO and the rest on Neoticker - but I would recommend everyone think long and hard before making that type of commitment...

A better discount offer would be money off the MONTHLY price - maybe then some longer term evaluations could occur - but I am satisfied that NeoTciker is a no goer....

michal.kreslik

Postby michal.kreslik » Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:01 pm

Oli wrote:I have been trialling NeoTicker with my eSignal feed over the last week and think that it sucks...

Guess what: I thought the same when I first installed NeoTicker :lol:

Oli wrote:Neoticker is the least intuitive

Well, this might be true, but it's a price you have to pay for having such a powerful piece of trading software for such a low price.

Oli wrote:and most restrictive I have used to date.

No way, man :D On the contrary - this is the most open platform I've seen. It's certainly got its flaws like any other platform, but it's for sure the most open one. You mentioned eSignal. eSignals's programming language is a joke compared to C#.NET that you can use in NeoTicker. Also, can you control your eSignal application from your own standalone application? No, you can't. This way, one can write advanced analysis techniques for NeoTicker. Just now I'm working on FPI framework for NeoTicker that would not be possible to do on any other platform (or with severe restrictions).

Oli wrote:Just compare the number of viewable candles you can squeeze into anytime frame - even on that simple test Neoticker falls behind...

Could you please be more specific about what exactly you mean? As far as I know, there's no limit on the number of bars displayed on chart. I didn't have any problem with that whatsoever.

Oli wrote:good luck to TRO and the rest on Neoticker - but I would recommend everyone think long and hard before making that type of commitment...

Everyone should think long and hard before going for some particular trading platform. Too bad I didn't think long and hard before going for Tradestation two years ago - I lost a lot of time by writing workarouds for things that were not possible directly in Tradestation. And in the Tradestation subsription fees I paid about three times that much as I paid for a permanent NeoTicker license.

Oli wrote:A better discount offer would be money off the MONTHLY price - maybe then some longer term evaluations could occur - but I am satisfied that NeoTciker is a no goer....

I agree that NeoTicker is not for everyone. Just like a Ferrari is not for everyone. It's very uncomfortable and tough to handle at first. But once you tame it, it's your best friend :)

Michal

michal.kreslik

NeoTicker Grid Optimizer bundle for kreslik.com members

Postby michal.kreslik » Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:10 pm

Just a quick notice:

I received an info from Tickquest that the kreslik.com members who either got or are going to get the discounted NeoTicker till Feb 28th are eligible for the NeoTicker Grid Optimizer discount, too:

http://kreslik.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=510

Michal

Oli

Postby Oli » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:37 am

Michael - thanks for your feedback...

the big difference between your perspective and mine is that the longer I use Neoticker, the MORE I think it sucks, not the less...

TRO has the biggest audience of independent traders available at the moment. What, who? THE biggest audience = TradeStattion + eSignal subscriber base. Compared to Neoticker, well there is NO comparision. But that's really just a point for TRO to consider I think...

EFS on eSignal is a fully extensible, DLL and COM capable extension of JavaScript - enough power there for any purpose...

All I wanted to achieve by posting here is make people stop and think before running off any paying close to a G for something that LONG TERM will prove to be a waste of money... obviously you'll disagree, but I think we have different agendas...

peace,
Oli

michal.kreslik

Postby michal.kreslik » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:10 pm

Hi, Oli,

sure, you can write a DLL for Tradestation. But there's a difference between being open by default (NeoTicker) and patching something else by an awkward workaround to an already existing framework (TS).

If you notice, the TRO's audience is also made of people who did choose Tradestation just because TRO is writing for Tradestation. If he was writing for ABC platform, they would get and use that ABC platform.

As I've already said many times, NeoTicker is not for everyone - if you can't cope with geeky user interface and if you're ok with limited capabilities of Tradestation, then definitely stay with TS.

By the way, one of the biggest drawbacks of TS that made me switch to NT was TS's inability to trade forex automatically. Sure, you can get some workaround solution that somehow connects your TS to your broker, but as it's not a native solution, I'm not going to put my money on line with such a mutant.

Also, Tickquest's programmers are willing to upadate / change / fix anything quickly. This can't be said about TS at all! Can it be said about eSignal?

Michal

Oli

Postby Oli » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:24 am

Michal,
I am a very pragmatic person. I am also by nature curious and persistent. On top of all these wonderful qualities I am also very honest, even online which is where the biggest piles of BS in the world reside.

So I must admit the following: NeoTicker is growing on me... there are some features that I am starting to get extreme added value out of. Especially the automated systems functionality and back testing...

I am not ready to walk the plank just yet, but I do wish it to be known to all that my own opinion was changed from highly sceptical to avidly open.

Peace,
Oli

Return to “NeoTicker platform”