TheRumpledOne switching to NeoTicker? New group discount

platform related discussion

Moderator: moderators

eudamonia

Postby eudamonia » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:15 pm

Avast you scurvy dogs! That's great :)
Eudaimonia (pron.: you-die-moan-e-a) (Greek: εὐδαιμονία) is a classical Greek word commonly translated as 'happiness'. The less subjective "human flourishing" is often preferred as a translation.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

alpha24seven

I'm Not Sold at ALL

Postby alpha24seven » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:26 pm

I've sent three E-mails, posted on their forums, perused everything available just to get help understanding why I can't get something as simple as an FX chart to populate.

Nothing..... It's been five days.....

Is this the same "great" customer service you guys were talking about?

BTW You guys rock.

michal.kreslik

Re: I'm Not Sold at ALL

Postby michal.kreslik » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:37 am

alpha24seven wrote:I've sent three E-mails, posted on their forums, perused everything available just to get help understanding why I can't get something as simple as an FX chart to populate.

Nothing..... It's been five days.....

Is this the same "great" customer service you guys were talking about?

BTW You guys rock.

Did you post the question in the right section of the forums? Tickquest staff reacts quickly to questions regarding any problems or possible bugs in the "NeoTicker Support" section, but may not reply to you at all if you post in some other section as the other sections are considered "traders talk".

Michal

alpha24seven

Postby alpha24seven » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:44 am

Thanks Michal

Here's the link

http://forums.neoticker.com/showthread.php?t=2852

I'm pretty sure that I'm in the right spot. The thing that bothers me is that this must be some dumb thing on my part and they could probably point out for me in about 30 seconds -- if they were to respond...

michal.kreslik

Postby michal.kreslik » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:56 am

OK, you posted the question there 7 hours before, that's not such a big deal if no one has replied yet (well, someone has just replied to it :).

Anyway, which exact symbol are you trying to display? Chances are the symbol you are attempting to load is not available at that broker.

Michal

Patch

Postby Patch » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:41 am

michal.kreslik wrote:
eudamonia wrote:Jeff,

My advice is to escape TradeStation before you learn too much. For myself I've got the unpleasant task of having to unlearn a lot of bad habits and convert all of my various indicators, strategies and what not over to NT.

Just think, you won't have to go through any of that if you switch early :)

Edward

Edward

Hard advice. I am sure that you and Michal and TRO have looked at Multichars. My question is why not switch to Multicharts? Do you think they are in violation of a TS copyright?

Jeff in VA (sitting and wishing in a beach chair in my back yard)

michal.kreslik

Postby michal.kreslik » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:13 am

flash9911 wrote:Hard advice. I am sure that you and Michal and TRO have looked at Multichars. My question is why not switch to Multicharts? Do you think they are in violation of a TS copyright?

There are a couple of reasons. Firstly TS Support seems to be related to Tradestation (that's probably why they are perhaps the only manufacturer that supports EasyLanguage outside of Tradestation).

Zero tick cache management capabilities (just like in Tradestation). You don't have a control over the data in your cache.

But most importantly, their programming language is still a toy language just like EasyLanguage. It wouldn't be an "upgrade", but rather a "samegrade".

Michal

alpha24seven

Postby alpha24seven » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:18 pm

////OK, you posted the question there 7 hours before, that's not such a big deal if no one has replied yet (well, someone has just replied to it /////

Thanks for the push Michal. BTW my E-mails were much earlier and I'm quite sure I posted on the forums the day before but all of that is irrelevant. Thanks again.

eudamonia

Postby eudamonia » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:43 pm

flash9911 wrote:
Hard advice. I am sure that you and Michal and TRO have looked at Multichars. My question is why not switch to Multicharts? Do you think they are in violation of a TS copyright?

Actually, I've spoken with TS Support and according to them they are not affiliated with TradeStation. Also, although their language is substantially similar to Easy Language they are out of Russia and thus it is unlikely that TradeStation will go after them (i.e. international patent and copyrighting laws are not very stringent in Russia from what I understand). So legally I am not concerned. Morally, well I leave that up to you, but for me its a non issue.

Why? The main reason that its a non issue for me is for the same reasons that Michal sited. I need good tick data that is timesamped down to the smallest time frame resolution possible. This allows the ability to utilize things that TradeStation and Multicharts will never have by design, such as tick precise indicators, constant range bars (yea!), global variables, easy access to outside languages such as dll or any of the .NET family, reliable autotrading (what a concept) including autotrading for Forex, etc.

If you don't need these features its possible to live the Multicharts, but you have to ask yourself why? With Neo you have the choice of leasing or buying (I recommend buying), but if you decide to lease your cost is $90 per month instead of $50 per month for Multicharts. Sure it's more expensive but in my mind at least, its more than 2X as good :lol:

Edward

michal.kreslik

Postby michal.kreslik » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:49 pm

alpha24seven wrote:////OK, you posted the question there 7 hours before, that's not such a big deal if no one has replied yet (well, someone has just replied to it /////

Thanks for the push Michal. BTW my E-mails were much earlier and I'm quite sure I posted on the forums the day before but all of that is irrelevant. Thanks again.

FXCM data feed is working ok with my NeoTicker. I've just checked that out.

Are you logged in to the FXCM order interface? Anyway, I guess it's better to solve this off-topic discussion directly at the NT forum.

Michal

Return to “NeoTicker platform”