The history begins today!

platform related discussion

Moderator: moderators

Patch

Postby Patch » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:32 am

Hi Michal

I have been thinking about autotrading and even ventured into an MT4 EA. The one thing I don't like is that my EA can only be run on the MT4 platform. I've been thinking about NeoTicker again.

Can NeoTicker attach to most if not all brokerages, forex, futures, stocks, options, etc? Is this correct? If so, what fee type or whatever does the brokerage need to have in order to feed NT?

Thanks,

Patch
In VA
ENOUGH being a Yalie for me Back to the Sea. "What i can lose, i can win" "YES YOU CAN" - dragon33 -"Pick one method and one pair and stick with them until you master it. "The choice is yours - success or failure." TRO

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

michal.kreslik

Your hands are tied with MetaTrader

Postby michal.kreslik » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:56 am

Patch wrote:Hi Michal

I have been thinking about autotrading and even ventured into an MT4 EA. The one thing I don't like is that my EA can only be run on the MT4 platform. I've been thinking about NeoTicker again.

Can NeoTicker attach to most if not all brokerages, forex, futures, stocks, options, etc? Is this correct? If so, what fee type or whatever does the brokerage need to have in order to feed NT?

Thanks,

Patch
In VA

Hey Patch the Pirate!! :)

In your question about (non-existing) broker independence, you've hit the snag that every serious trader will hit sooner or later when trading via MetaTrader.

As I said many times, the splendor (as well as misery for some :) ) of NeoTicker is in its total openness. In terms of brokerage connection, it does not restrict you to a pre-negotiated set of brokers as MetaTrader does.

Remember that you pay for the MetaTrader platform by trading with certain brokers. These brokers agreed to pay commissions from the profit they make on you back to MetaQuotes. Thus, your hands are tied while trading via MetaTrader:

Under this financing scheme, MetaTrader will never become a professional platform. MetaTrader users are just toys in the hands of the brokers that sponsor MetaQuotes.

With NeoTicker, there are basically three ways on how to connect to a broker:
  • use the existing direct order interface (currently, there are 5 brokers supported):
    • MB Trading (stocks, futures, forex)
    • EFX Group (forex)
    • open e cry (futures)
    • FXCM (forex)
    • Interactive Brokers (stocks, futures, forex)
  • relay your orders via NeoTicker NinjaTrader order interface (currently 33 brokers supported):
    • AMP Futures & Forex
    • ActivTrades
    • Advantage Futures LLC
    • Alaron Global
    • Alaron Trading Corp.
    • Berkeley Futures
    • Daniels Trading
    • Dorman Trading
    • ECNbroker
    • Eminis.com
    • FD de Leeuw & Associés, Inc.
    • FOREX.com
    • FlashFutures.com
    • Fox investments
    • FuturePathTrading LLC
    • FuturesBetting.com Ltd
    • Hawaii Forex
    • Infinity Brokerage Services
    • Interactive Brokers
    • Investorseurope
    • King Commodities
    • MB Trading
    • Man Financial
    • Manduca Trading LLC
    • Mirus Futures
    • ND Global Trading
    • ProActive Futures
    • Quicksilver Futures
    • Rosenthal Collins Group, LLC (RCG)
    • Spike Trading Services, LLC. (STS)
    • Velocity Futures
    • Zaner
    • vCapFutures
  • write (or have somone write) your own order interface between NeoTicker and your favorite broker. Virtually any broker that exposes its API can be connected to NeoTicker. There does not have to be any agreement between Tickqest and your broker for you to connect your NeoTicker platform to your broker. It's open.

Naturally, the NeoTicker autotrading code stays the same no matter what broker are you connected to.

Michal

Return to “NeoTicker platform”