Support

platform related discussion

Moderator: moderators

Hamlet

Postby Hamlet » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:06 pm

Michal, if you are luckier than I am in getting helpful support from Neoticker than I am genuinely happy for you (no matter where you live).

I suppose it is possible they are having an off week there, I'll see as time goes on. You should know though, if you have been around to other forums aside from this one (and I think you have since you seem like a pretty savvy and wordly guy), that there have been plenty of other users besides myself who have experienced the same. The experience has been all the more dissapointing to me because I know how powerful the software is and really did want to love it in every regard. I knew way beforehand that the the learing curve is very steep and have climbed quite few other steep ones in the past, the difference was that there was a helping hand available when it was needed, which goes a long way. As I said, I have not given up on the sofware just yet, and if you have any good tips on getting good Neoticker support besides the tongue-in-cheek kind like in your last post, I am all ears (but I guess that expression doesn't work in this medium so lets say I am all eyes).

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

michal.kreslik

Postby michal.kreslik » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:36 pm

Hamlet wrote:You should know though, if you have been around to other forums aside from this one (and I think you have since you seem like a pretty savvy and wordly guy), that there have been plenty of other users besides myself who have experienced the same.

To be honest, I haven't seen "plenty of other users" who have experienced the same. You're the first one I am talking to. My guess is that it's because I'm only reading articles that can potentially make me some pips. I'm not likely to read an article with an "I'm disappointed" title.

Hamlet wrote:As I said, I have not given up on the sofware just yet, and if you have any good tips on getting good Neoticker support besides the tongue-in-cheek kind like in your last post, I am all ears

I was not being tongue-in-cheeky, I was just plain joking. Sometimes I'm doing this. It's good for my health.

Ok, New Yorker :), here's the deal:
  • you write an email to me where you describe precisely what heppened to you and why you are disappointed
  • I'll forward the email to NeoTicker management
  • I'll ask them to give their opinion on it publicly
Michal

Hamlet

Postby Hamlet » Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:45 am

Or worse, they might be Republicans..

Well Kresy, I suspect I just may have gotten to the bottom of the reason why I cannot get decent suport from Neoticker. That's right, I am a Republican.
Like some poor fiscally conservative right-winger who mistakenly wandered into a Hollywood cocktail party, greanpeace rally or a Hillary book-signing, I find myself shunned with disdain while being relegated to the fringes with the rest of the sub-class. So you see, moving alone will not help me.

I was not being tongue-in-cheeky, I was just plain joking. Sometimes I'm doing this. It's good for my health.

That wasn't toooo bad Kresy.... But in the words of Randy Jackson...... "I gotta keep it real, dog".
So if it does indeed contribute to your health in some way, by all means, have some red wine, dark chocolate, green tea, a good multi-vitamin and crack a few jokes. But for your financial health, don't quit your day job. Keep chasing after those piplets.

To be honest, I haven't seen "plenty of other users" who have experienced the same. You're the first one I am talking to. My guess is that it's because I'm only reading articles that can potentially make me some pips. I'm not likely to read an article with an "I'm disappointed" title.

God knows one can quickly become the victim of information overload very easily. You misunderstood me though. I myself have not seen nor sought out any articles with an "I'm dissapointed" title either. What I have seen and heard are general discussions highlighting various positive and negative points in an unbiased way. Keeping an open mind can be very useful for knowing realistically what to expect about anything in life.

Ok, New Yorker , here's the deal:
you write an email to me where you describe precisely what heppened to you and why you are disappointed
I'll forward the email to NeoTicker management
I'll ask them to give their opinion on it publicly

Ok, all joking aside now, while I appreciate what seems to be a willingness on your part to intervene for my or the common good, this was never my intention nor reason for posting here, thus I prefer to deal with this issue on my own, personally and privately. The only reason that I initially posted was because I was frankly suprised to read that the experiences of the few posters here were in such sharp contrast to those of my own and others who I have encountered.

Aside from that, I do not think that Lawrence or anyone at Neo would dispute or even feel the need to defend the fact that their support is indeed mainly limited to and centers around the avenues which I mentioned in my first post here, that being their forum and by e-mail, where as they said questions are 'usually' answered within one day. Their website itself states that phone support is on a callback basis only and they have stressed that this is really a last resort means to contact them with a problem or question after having exhausted every other means. This really is crystal clear, in fact, read the line pasted here from their support page:

"NeoTicker Forum - Quickest way to resolve an issue"

That pretty much sums it all up. The forum is the QUICKEST way to resolve an issue. I do not think that I need to explain to anyone what quickest means and the unambiguous inherently implied chronological relationship between a response by forum, e-mail and phone call.

Now this is obviously not going to be a problem for everyone. If you are ok with being stuck on some issue and then e-mailing a question and getting a response the next day after the market closes, and still ok with the fact that this might require a few more follow-up e-mails thus a few more days of waiting for a few more subsequent evenings to read their follow-up responses which may or may not be the answer or solution which resolves your issue, than this wont be a major problem for you. Or if you are highly capable of troubleshooting most issues on your own, are a very sophisticated user or just someone who knows everything (is this you Kres?) than you will be fine.

This just happens to be the way that Neoticker has chosen to conduct their business and deal with their customers, or as 'ol blue eyes would have said, "they are doing it their way". There is no oversight or unintended deficiency on their part. No one is going to fix or change this, since as they see it, nothing is broken. They have more or less openly stated this and that can be seen both literaly and more so in-between the lines of their public postings and comments. It is what it is, and one must either accept that fact or choose not to. So you see Kresy, anyone claiming that Neoticker has an open phone line that is readily answered or calls returned or e-mail support with a fast turnaround time is simply contradicting the facts and what the people at Neoticker themselves would say and claim to definitively offer.

[fade]Now I'm off to download the new build, catch ya later [/fade]8)

Patch

Postby Patch » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:06 pm

Michal

Thanks for your post Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:43 pm to Hamlet. I must have missed it the past couple days and laughed more and more with each line as I was ordering plane tickets to the Czech Republic so I can get the support I am sure to need once I order NT in the coming week. I can't wait to get NT so I can change from TS.

Hamlet

I am enjoying your posts and can't wait to find out for myself how NT support works out. Sorry for your frustration, I know how that is, in fact this is the primary reason why I have a computer in the first place! I went back a ways through this tread trying to find out how I can get a George W Bush coffee mug. Do you know?

Seriously for a minute, after talking with Michal for a couple hours last Sunday at the Pirate's Cove, I think working through your problems with NT, in the end will be a great help and NT will be a great trading asset for you, especially in the context of the TRO/Michal Pirate Community. In eight years of searching and investing great amounts of time and money and frustrations, I've never seen traders who freely share their expensively earned trading "secrets" at zero cost. This also encourages other traders more profitable than I, to do the same, and I look forward to passing my profit methods along as well, and make my money out of the markets trading. If you decide NT is not for you let me know and we can see if TS will allow the sale and transfer of license. You can subscribe to TS and have everything ready and easy to trade with and TRO has a ton of code available here and on the TS forum few if any start up problems. Personally I think TS is for newbies, lambs to the slaughter, and NT is for serious traders long term traders, frustrations and all. Don't sweat the small stuff, work through it as you are. I was going to ask you if you are really from New York, then thought to check your forum information and see indeed you are. I hope you are able to attend the next Gathering of Pirates. We are a part of something very special and I truly believe TRO and Michal are going to change the way traders trade in the next one, two or three years and I count is an honor and privilege to be a part of this team of men and women. So my suggestion, keep NT, work through the problems, stick with TRO/Michal and be a part of something special and great. By the way, how long have you been trading? What market(s)?

Not a sermon, Just a thought or two

Jeff
Back home in VA :arrow:

xstek

Postby xstek » Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:49 pm

Ham, try 416 777 9196, direct line to Canada Eh. Soarry abute the NY comment Eh, didn't mean to offend eh.

For me 5 out of 7 times LC picks up. Now if they don't pick up, I generally call back in about 30 min and someone picks up. I have used Neo since 2002 and am a wayy satisfied customer. I also have used tradstation and I was not impressed. Neo is really designed with the pro in mind, that is why you can program in a variety of languages.

Their pricing for programming is not bad either, I have had them program some multiple time frame systems for 200 bucks. Yeah I know, thats what we have a CIO for, hehehehehe.

Have a productive day

XSTEK

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Return to “NeoTicker platform”