NeoTicker and Oanda

platform related discussion

Moderator: moderators

alexwind

Postby alexwind » Fri May 11, 2007 5:45 pm

jfx2

With my current volume of weekly and monthly trade, I would spend the monthly subscription which for most of the charting package varie from $80 to $120 per month. In fact, to solve this situation I am trying EFX, which at the end of the day you pay more or less the same spread as oanda if you count not only the EUR/USD spread but also an average of the other pairs and in addition you have trailing stop etc, etc. My meaning is that I have been trading with oanda for few years now and I am quite happy, but in certain areas of service you are limited such as entry orders and charting package, so I thought integrating e-signal I could have a better overal package.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

whittakerj

Postby whittakerj » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:44 pm

It's been awhile since anyone posted to this thread but I'm just coming around to needing to use the Oanda API interface. I'm curiuos if anyone out there currently uses the API and if they could help me with a few questions.

How is the slippage when using the API?

If you use the feed from your charting vendor do you notice large price differences when they clear through Oanda? If so how has this affected your P/L?

I'm assuming you need to higher a coder/programmer to actually interface the Oanda API to your platform. Can anyone elaborate on any past experience they've had with using different programmers? How much did it cost? etc.

I currently use Tradestation because of the easy language is truely easy for me to understand. Does anyone use Tradestation with the Oanda API to interface the two? If so can you tell me about any pros/cons or problems you ran into during the process?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
-Jeremy
MCSE MCSA CCNA

storobin

Postby storobin » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:44 am

does it happen that Oanda rejects your limit order you want to place in advance? This happens to me over and over again with CMS thus making my profitable systems unusable if I can't enter a trade.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Christening Presents
Christening Gift Ideas

pescador

Postby pescador » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:56 pm

I have never seen this happen at Oanda.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Return to “NeoTicker platform”