NeoTicker and Oanda

platform related discussion

Moderator: moderators

alexwind

Postby alexwind » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:19 pm

Hi Michal

Thanks your answer!!!! I am not a person who trade news, but if you mention oanda is screwing people; are talking about the spread, I suppose? However, yersterday I open a demo account with EFX, because all of you in this forum are talking very well about EFX and after oanda spread wise seem the best option. However, my knowledge in programming is between 1 to 10 = is 1 :oops: now I would like to attach Metatrader on EFX, can you give some direction?
This question is about new neoticker users, if one like me approach to this charting software would have some difficulties, i re-quote one sentence a member wrote: ''Neoticker is a ferrari, and not for everybody'', maybe for people like me with non experience in programming is better to approach easy car to drive such as metatrader, Xtick, or have you hear about topgun software?

Thank you very much for your help!!
Alex

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

michal.kreslik

Postby michal.kreslik » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:54 pm

Hi, Alex,

you should try the broker for yourself. I have never had a live account with Oanda, I'm just presenting an information that I got from a bank trader, a friend of mine, who has an account with Oanda.

Talking of other forex brokers, EFX is fine, but they could charge less in commissions. For instance, Interactive brokers are charging a fraction of what EFX does under certain conditions.

You will do best by looking around and trying some trading platforms by yourself. There's a demo available for pretty much every trading platform nowadays.

I'm not sure whether you can hook Metatrader up to EFX. I actually think it's not possible, but you should check it out.

Michal

TheOne

Postby TheOne » Tue May 01, 2007 5:45 am

michal.kreslik wrote:Hi, Alex,

you should try the broker for yourself. I have never had a live account with Oanda, I'm just presenting an information that I got from a bank trader, a friend of mine, who has an account with Oanda.

Talking of other forex brokers, EFX is fine, but they could charge less in commissions. For instance, Interactive brokers are charging a fraction of what EFX does under certain conditions.

You will do best by looking around and trying some trading platforms by yourself. There's a demo available for pretty much every trading platform nowadays.

I'm not sure whether you can hook Metatrader up to EFX. I actually think it's not possible, but you should check it out.

Michal

Hi Michal,
Oanda allows you to trade fractional amounts. That means you are not confined to lot or mini-lot sizes. Do you know if Interactive Brokers allows the same.
Thanks.

Annu

Postby Annu » Wed May 02, 2007 5:12 pm

At Interactive Brokers the minimum deal-size is 25000 units, above that you can trade at odd lot sizes (even in 1 unit increments if you want). The commission is 0.2 pip of your position, but USD 2.5 minimum per trade.

jfx2

Oanda Spreads

Postby jfx2 » Wed May 02, 2007 5:46 pm

I have had a live account with Oanda for a few years, there system is top notch as good or better as any other software out there. do they screw traders during news? i don't know, i don't trade news with retail brokers...I don't think you can. Even EBS, or Currenx during NFP or other big events I've seen spreads get as wide as 60 pips. I'm not defending Oanda, just putting up my 2 cents, I've been using them for 4 years and have never had an issue. I've tried lots of other retail platforms....and after 4 years, i'm still with Oanda.

alexwind

Postby alexwind » Wed May 02, 2007 6:03 pm

JFx2

Have you had any experience with oanda and e-signal? you can use oanda API and e-signal charting package in a monthly subscription, but I cannot find any good comment about it!!

thanks

TheOne

Postby TheOne » Wed May 02, 2007 8:30 pm

Annu wrote:At Interactive Brokers the minimum deal-size is 25000 units, above that you can trade at odd lot sizes (even in 1 unit increments if you want). The commission is 0.2 pip of your position, but USD 2.5 minimum per trade.

Thanks Annu for your reply.

jfx2

RE: esig and Oanda

Postby jfx2 » Thu May 03, 2007 6:53 pm

Regarding Esig and Oanda, I have no experience integrating them, I use them both independently, but not integrated. I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish, but if you're considering Oanda for an API connection, using Esig data as a feed wouldn't make much sense to me, since the execution is going to depend on the quote from Oanda. Oanda is using its price feed to generate its charts. I would look at Neoticker to accomplish whatever goal your seeking by incorporating Oanda with a charting package like esig. I say this because you would be creating the Neoticker charts using executable Oanda data. I personally find Esig FX data completely useless for tick data since none of the ticks are necessarily executable prices through whatever market access point you have. Sorry, that was kinda of a long winded explanation to get to the point....I have no experience with it.

alexwind

Postby alexwind » Sun May 06, 2007 12:11 pm

Regarding Esig and Oanda, I have no experience integrating them, I use them both independently, but not integrated. I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish, but if you're considering Oanda for an API connection, using Esig data as a feed wouldn't make much sense to me, since the execution is going to depend on the quote from Oanda. Oanda is using its price feed to generate its charts. I would look at Neoticker to accomplish whatever goal your seeking by incorporating Oanda with a charting package like esig. I say this because you would be creating the Neoticker charts using executable Oanda data. I personally find Esig FX data completely useless for tick data since none of the ticks are necessarily executable prices through whatever market access point you have. Sorry, that was kinda of a long winded explanation to get to the point....I have no experience with it.

Thanks jfx2 for all your suggestion,

As you said Neoticker would be better, but oanda seems to have a partnership only with Esig, this allow you to get Esig charting package as lower price (lower monthly subcription) and have oanda feed. Really, you can work on e-signal charts without switching to oanda, all is integrated. I thought this gives more possibilities such as backtesting, longer time frame view, and I can modify better my own trading indicators, otherwise, I always miss something by relaying only on onda charting package.

thank you

jfx2

Oanda NTOSD/DS

Postby jfx2 » Fri May 11, 2007 5:18 pm

I'm needing an Neoticker order server/data server for oanda, so I'm having my developer program it. If you're interested PM me and we can work out something. It might save you on purchasing esignal if you've already purchased a NT license. You will need to meet Oanda's API volume requirements or pay their fee ($600/mo, discounted $50 for every Mill you trade, i think)

Return to “NeoTicker platform”