I hate to stir it up, but...

platform related discussion

Moderator: moderators

alichambers

Postby alichambers » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:09 pm

Gents, for FREE historical backfill going back years down to 1min goto:

Opentick.com

They don't do FX, but all stocks and eMini (YM) is there - probably other future indicies. The quality is good. It matches my paid for Interactive Brokers data nearly identically.

You can get FX major pairs back 1-2 years down to 1min from the MetaTrader site, free of course (I hate paying 8) )

I appreciate NT does not have the optimisation facilities of NeoTicker - but does anyone actually backtest down to the nth degree anymore? I gave up ages ago after realising that backtesting is curve fitting and should only be used as a guide as to whether a system is profitable or not - and not for whether SMA should be 24 or 25. In this case, any package is ideal - I use Amibroker ($100 or so) - maybe even NinjaTrader.

However, different packages suit different people...

Order management and entry/exit automation is the big selling point of NinjaTrader.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

tradecrazy

Postby tradecrazy » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:06 am

Ninja Trader Rocks,
Even a know-nothing programmer like me can get the Strategy Wizard to hack out useful trade signals on the chart.

alichambers

Postby alichambers » Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:50 pm

News just in:

I've just found out that NinjaTrader does not work with any FX companies other than GAIN Capital - despite managing all other orders (Indicies, futures, stocks) with most brokers.

What a bloody con!!!

So I'm cancelling my subscription until they sort it out - shame, as the software is dynamite, and I was raving about it a week ago!!! :oops:

I'm looking into other options and will keep people posted if they are interested.

Cheers,
Alex

michal.kreslik

Postby michal.kreslik » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:10 pm

alichambers wrote:News just in:

I've just found out that NinjaTrader does not work with any FX companies other than GAIN Capital - despite managing all other orders (Indicies, futures, stocks) with most brokers.

What a bloody con!!!

So I'm cancelling my subscription until they sort it out - shame, as the software is dynamite, and I was raving about it a week ago!!! :oops:

I'm looking into other options and will keep people posted if they are interested.

Cheers,
Alex

It's quite hard to believe. Have you placed an inquiry with them on the subject?

Michal

alichambers

Postby alichambers » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:32 pm

I have - their support is excellent:

[Quote:]

Hello Alex:

We plan to add support for several new Forex providers by year end and
one or both of the vendors (MB and Interactive Brokers) you have listed will likely be added. We will send a general announcement note out once they new provider are available. Thank you for trying NinjaTrader and we will hope to see you back once the new providers are in place.

[End Quote]

Whether this is a standard sales pitch or not, who can tell...

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Return to “NeoTicker platform”