FPI - Fractional Product Inefficiency: The Impeccable Hedge

NeoTicker indicators

Moderator: moderators

pipscalper

Postby pipscalper » Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:53 am

FoxerFx, based on the 02/09/07 closing prices, my calculations came to the following:

Short 100K EUR/USD
Short 130135 USD/CHF
Long 100K EUR/CHF

However, I still doubt that there is no exposure because as the rates change so are the ratios. Anyways, it is close enough.

My main problem is that I do not know how to combine all 3 pairs into a one line, live chart. Can it be done on MT4 charts or some other charts?

Thank you for any hint or suggestion.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Stevensign

Postby Stevensign » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:05 am

pipscalper wrote:
Stevensign wrote:
pipscalper wrote:Wow, this discussion really quieted down... What's going on?

eagles or anybody, could you tell me how you combine 3 currencies into one line (like the blue line on this chart)? Can it be done on MT4 platform? Any suggestions would help a lot! Thanks.

eagles wrote:

I wrote an indicator that combines up to four currencies. Identify the currencies you're interested in, the number of lots per currency, entry prices and buy or sell and I'll show you the resulting profit in dollars or percent.

Stevensign, thank you for taking time to respond.

I'd like to have a live one line chart that combines the following currencies:
Short 100K EUR/USD
Short 100K USD/CHF
Long 100K EUR/CHF

It's the same one line chart that Michael K. has on the first page of this topic. It has 3 currency pairs combined into one line moving between +1 and -1. Can it be done live on MT4 charts or some other charts?

Thank you again.

I'd be happy to generate a chart if you provide the required data. see my previous post.
I'm almost ready to release my final version of my indicator. Unfortunately it shows that the 2/3 hedge (Freedom Rock or FFS) is a losing strategy. I'm working on a vast improvement.

pipscalper

Postby pipscalper » Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:37 pm

Stevensign wrote:
pipscalper wrote:
Stevensign wrote:

eagles or anybody, could you tell me how you combine 3 currencies into one line (like the blue line on this chart)? Can it be done on MT4 platform? Any suggestions would help a lot! Thanks.

eagles wrote:

I wrote an indicator that combines up to four currencies. Identify the currencies you're interested in, the number of lots per currency, entry prices and buy or sell and I'll show you the resulting profit in dollars or percent.

Short 100K EUR/USD
Short 100K USD/CHF
Long 100K EUR/CHF

It's the same one line chart that Michael K. has on the first page of this topic. It has 3 currency pairs combined into one line moving between +1 and -1. Can it be done live on MT4 charts or some other charts?

Thank you again.

I'd be happy to generate a chart if you provide the required data. see my previous post.
I'm almost ready to release my final version of my indicator. Unfortunately it shows that the 2/3 hedge (Freedom Rock or FFS) is a losing strategy. I'm working on a vast improvement.

Stevensign, could you generate a live, one line chart for the following:

Short 100K EUR/USD; entry price 1.30135
Short 130135 USD/CHF; entry price 1.2473
Long 100K EUR/CHF; entry price 1.6233

I know it is not 100% hedged and there is some exposure to the market. But no pain, no gain. Some exposure also means opportunity...

Stevensign

Postby Stevensign » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:44 pm

pipscalper wrote:
Stevensign wrote:
pipscalper wrote:
Stevensign wrote:

eagles wrote:

Short 100K EUR/USD
Short 100K USD/CHF
Long 100K EUR/CHF

Thank you again.

I know it is not 100% hedged and there is some exposure to the market. But no pain, no gain. Some exposure also means opportunity...

Here you go, it is pretty tightly hegded. These are all the same data just different timeframes. The numbers at the right are net dollars. On the 5 minute chart the big negative spike near the right end of the chart is about -$130 which is only 13 PIPs since these are standard lots. the zero line is at the top The spikes are usually errors in the data.
Attachments
EURUSDCHF Hedge daily.GIF
EURUSDCHF Hedge daily.GIF (84.89 KiB) Viewed 3310 times
EURUSDCHF Hedge H1.GIF
EURUSDCHF Hedge H1.GIF (68.77 KiB) Viewed 3310 times
EURUSDCHF Hedge M5.GIF
EURUSDCHF Hedge M5.GIF (65.8 KiB) Viewed 3310 times

Stevensign

Postby Stevensign » Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:01 am

pipscalper wrote:
Stevensign wrote:
pipscalper wrote:
Stevensign wrote:

eagles wrote:

Short 100K EUR/USD
Short 100K USD/CHF
Long 100K EUR/CHF

Thank you again.

I've attached the compiled version of my indicator. It does have a help file that will print to a file. I'm still working on it, it's still a little quirky, you may need to "rock" it back and forth between let's say the M15 and M30 settings to get it to display correctly. It sometimes takes a while since it's pulling in data from other curency pairs. It doesn't matter what chart you attach it to.
Attachments
Multi-Hedge Indicator v04.zip
(50.93 KiB) Downloaded 411 times

pipscalper

Postby pipscalper » Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:41 am

Stevensign, thanks a million. Now I need some time to process this data, get my brain around it. I've never attached anything like this to any charts before. So I may have to go to the third grade to learn how to do it...:smt003

pipscalper

Postby pipscalper » Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:22 am

Stevensign, I figured out how to attach indicators to a chart on MT4 platform, but Multi-Hedge Indicator came out blank. Is it because the markets are closed on weekend? Or maybe I am not doing it right?

Stevensign

Postby Stevensign » Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:39 am

pipscalper wrote:Stevensign, I figured out how to attach indicators to a chart on MT4 platform, but Multi-Hedge Indicator came out blank. Is it because the markets are closed on weekend? Or maybe I am not doing it right?

Doesn't matter if markets are open.
it's still a little quirky, you may need to "rock" it back and forth between let's say the M15 and M30 settings to get it to display correctly.
You may need to go to Tools, History, and download one minute history for the pairs you've chosen. ( updating one minute history also updates all larger timeframes for that currency pair).

Put it on a M15 chart first. One minute charts are the most troublesome.

Check the "experts" tab in the "Terminal" window. If it says zero divide, you may need to remove and re-attach the indicator.

Like I said I'm still working on it. Once you get it going it seems to work great!

I use it on MultiBankFX, 1WFX (StrategyBuilderFX) and IBFX. what platform are you using?

pipscalper

Postby pipscalper » Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:09 pm

I use MetaTrade4 demo platform. Maybe that's why the indicator comes out blank?

Stevensign

Postby Stevensign » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:26 am

pipscalper wrote:I use MetaTrade4 demo platform. Maybe that's why the indicator comes out blank?

i did a fresh install of Metatrader 4 from Metaquotes.net. The indicator came up fine for me. Are you sure you scrolled all the way the to right?

Return to “NeoTicker indicators”