FPI - Fractional Product Inefficiency: The Impeccable Hedge

NeoTicker indicators

Moderator: moderators

ryan

Postby ryan » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:11 am

michal.kreslik wrote:Concerning the interest rates on the open Impeccable Hedge positions, I've just found Oanda pays/charges interest as you go - continuously:

http://fxtrade.oanda.com/fxtrade/intere ... tion.shtml

So they don't employ the common practice of settling up the interest at 5 pm ET sharp as most FX brokers do.

Michal

Obviously interest is an added 'bonus' if it can be incorporated into the trading strategy.

Michal points out interest receivable/paybale by Oanda at 4pm EST (8pm UTC/GMT) AND at the time trades are made.

This this better than once a day?

Does anyone have a view on whether its possible, practical or worthwhile to trade multiple FPI rings or stick to one (after all the fluctuations happen continously theortically allowing trades across the day anyway).

Has anyone determined if any one FPI ring is better to trade than any other? Any ring involving the JPY seems attractive given the favourable interest position.
Last edited by ryan on Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

michal.kreslik

Re: Quick FPI Trade Test

Postby michal.kreslik » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:01 am

trader_hal wrote:Seemed to have executed ok. It was all manual, but nearly not as tricky to execute as I thought. Order execution with MB is pretty good. Are the currency calculations ok? Has anyone else traded any real money? Please share your experience.[/img]

Hi, trader_hal,

I'm holding an Impeccable Hedge position at EFX for several days now and it's working as intended - slight profit / slight loss, round and round. Great :) Your calculations are ok.

The execution was a piece of cake here, too.

The first row shows P/L in USD, the second and third in JPY.

Michal

michal.kreslik

Postby michal.kreslik » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:02 am

johnel wrote::)which one do u propose?

Oanda or EFX.

Michal

johnel

Postby johnel » Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:51 am

thx michel and sry for my stupid questions.im new on forex and trying to learnhow things work out....
is there a fpi patch for either oanda or efx.if not how am i going to calculate the fpi at any moment ?

michal.kreslik

Re: Issues with FPI

Postby michal.kreslik » Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:52 am

trader_hal wrote:Hi Michal,

Genius work. I am amazed that this isnt talked about much.

I have run into issues installing your program. I copied all the files to the Indicator folder, and they copied fine with just one exception.

Interop.NeoTicker.dll had to be replaced. First I tried the older version.

Hello, trader_hal,

it seems I've found what causes problems with FPI Control Panel on some computers.

Try changing the NeoTicker library reference for all projects (NeoFPI, KreslikLib.Common, KreslikLib.Neo, KreslikLib.Forex) to
  • C:\Program Files\TickQuest\NeoTicker4\Samples\VC# Examples\Heap Example\SimpleMovingAverage1VCS\bin\Release\Interop.NeoTicker.dll
I've noticed there are slight changes in this NeoTicker library from build to build. Seems like one needs to use the exact library version that comes with the appripriate NeoTicker build. The NeoTicker object library is always copied into the above sample directory, so changing the reference to this path should resolve the problem. At least it did the trick for me when I switched to my other computer and FPI Control Panel didn't start up correctly.

In NeoTicker build 43, the runtime version of this library is v2.0.50727.

Michal

michal.kreslik

Postby michal.kreslik » Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:49 pm

Trader_hal,

also, another hitch might be that sometimes NeoTicker throws an exception when accessing it's ActiveWindow methods/properties.

A workaround for this is to
  • comment out a part of FPI Control Panel Code that accesses the get_DataName() method. This method is sometimes causing unexpected problems.
  • uncomment a workaround code that's already there. This code makes up for the functionality of the above commented out code.
Go to KreslikLib.Neo, file KToolsNeo.cs and make the modifications as follows (attached).

Michal
Attachments
NeoTicker_workaround.png
NeoTicker_workaround.png (10.55 KiB) Viewed 4523 times

davidf

Postby davidf » Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:04 pm

trader_hal and Michal: on what level of FPI you startet your positions and from price was it calculate (ask/bid or Close)?

htx David

ryan

Postby ryan » Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:34 am

I can't fire up Michal's PFI Libraries in NeoTicker for some reason. Would someone mind posting the FPI rings here so I can have a look at them on a trading platform I have managed to master :)

So far I know of;

EUR/USD, EUR/JPY, USD/JPY
EUR/USD, USD/CHF, EUR/CHF

Thanks a lot !! (no pun intended :)

johnel

Postby johnel » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:06 am

i think there is another way of calculating the fpi if u dont have michel's fpi lib.you could trade a small amount of units( for example efx lets you make a trade of only 100 units).in that way you can see the p/l amount which will be a few cents.if the fpi goes down then the (p/l) loss will be more .then you make the normal transaction ( for example 100.000 units) at a low fpi.then you wait to make some profit.on conclusion you lost some cents to find a good fpi to trade.i think that will work.

(sry for my english)

ghemping

Postby ghemping » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:26 pm

Michal,
When you got all 3 trades open did Oanda readjust your margin to reflect the hedged position or do they withhold margin for each trade?

Thanks
Gordon Hemping

Return to “NeoTicker indicators”