Entry straddle aka TRO Buyzone

NeoTicker indicators

Moderator: moderators

jstockman

Confilt with TRO Dynamic SR

Postby jstockman » Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:57 am

michal.kreslik wrote:Hello, guys,

I had been travalling around the USA with a scarce internet access lately, so I apologize that I was not able to help you.

Now I'm back at home, in the old good Europe :)

Are you still having problems installing this simple indicator or were you able to get it work?

Michal

Hey guys,

I loaded the Entry Straddle and it worked fine. Then I tried to add Luke's code for TRO's dynamic SR3. Somehow there is a conficlt aht the SR would not show on the chart.

Anyone else having the same problem?

jstockman :lol:

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

michal.kreslik

Postby michal.kreslik » Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:38 pm

Do you mean you tried to add Luke's code to the Entry Straddle code or you just attempted to install Luke's code to NeoTicker?

Michal

jstockman

Postby jstockman » Tue May 01, 2007 1:18 am

michal.kreslik wrote:Do you mean you tried to add Luke's code to the Entry Straddle code or you just attempted to install Luke's code to NeoTicker?

Michal

Michal,

Yea, I thought it might be nice to see both indicators at the same time.

When I copied the Straddle code into the NT indicator folder I got th file exists do you want to overwrite it. Then I loaded both indicators. When I did this the Straddle worked but the s/r3 would not plot. Then I went in and recopied the s/r3 into the NT indicaotr folder and I could see the plot of this indicator.

For some reason it would not show both.

jstockman

2.klever

Postby 2.klever » Thu May 10, 2007 4:32 pm

Hi Guys,

I have noticed a regualr discrepancy in the opening price between TRO's Tradestation Buyzone Opening price and either Michal's Entry Straddle or formula language using CurrDOpen function.
I am using Esignal as a datafeed for NeoTicker.

Some Examples: Today May 10-07:

Symbol TS Open NT Open
ESRX 96.98 96.82
USUA 34.99 34.90
JOYG 53.02 53.04

Has anybody else noticed this?

2.klever

Postby 2.klever » Wed May 16, 2007 6:00 pm

I think I found the issue. NT computes a different open depending on what data you link to the indicator. I think the intraday data contains some premarket, thus screwing it up. ( at least with Esignal )

The Dynamic Grid on charts seems to display the correct opening prices.

Quote formula will display the correct open if you use currDOpen(0,D1) . Do not use currDOpen(0,S1) or currDOpen(0,M1) because you will get incorrect values.

In charts as below :
plot1 := ((CurrDOpen(0,data1)) + 0.10);
plot2 := ((CurrDOpen(0,data1)) + 0.20);
plot3 := ((CurrDOpen(0,data1)) - 0.10);
plot4 := ((CurrDOpen(0,data1)) - 0.20)

Make sure data1 is linked to daily data --- Appl_D1 for example.

Eudamonia, can you confirm this also?
It is most obvious with lower vol stocks like KLAC, and NTRI but still happens about 80% of the time with AAPL

2.Klever

eudamonia

Postby eudamonia » Wed May 16, 2007 8:41 pm

2.klever,

yes that is correct you must use the official and not pre-market open data source.

Edward
Eudaimonia (pron.: you-die-moan-e-a) (Greek: εὐδαιμονία) is a classical Greek word commonly translated as 'happiness'. The less subjective "human flourishing" is often preferred as a translation.

jstockman

Re: Entry straddle aka TRO Buyzone

Postby jstockman » Tue May 29, 2007 3:24 pm

michal.kreslik wrote:Hello, friends,

I've converted Avery's Buyzone indicator to NeoTicker/C#.NET and I've added a couple of tweaks to it. I call it Entry straddle as the name "Buyzone" is very confusing. It shows the entry levels on the long as well as on the short sides.

Entry straddle works on any timeframe, from 1 tick chart to the 1 presidential term chart. The input parameters are as follows:

• you can set any Session end in the 24-hour format from 00:00:00 to 23:59:59
  • Inside straddle pips is the distance (in pips) from the session open to the closer entry level
  • Outside straddle pips is the distance (in pips) from the session open to the outer entry level
  • Data stream is any stream that's available on the chart. EntryStraddle will be based on the data stream that you set here regardless of where it is plotted.
Cool thing about Neo is that I can do anything in there, so I've added a low-level error handling to this indicator. This means that if you try to enter a wrong value as an input, the indicator tells you that it's not gonna work and reverts to the sane default. These sane defaults can be changed in the source code. This is an example of how does an error message look if you try to enter "24" as a Session end hour:

The indicator can cope with missing data as there does not actually need to be a single bar with an exact session end time on the chart. This is especially useful for 1 tick charts.

The indicator automatically recognizes the pip value (0.0001 or 0.01) for the loaded forex pair.

In the attached zip, you will find:
  • the compiled indicator itself. It's in the folder "indicator". Simply copy the contents of this folder to your indicator folder under NeoTicker and install "EntryStraddle" indicator
  • C#.NET source code
  • screenshots

Tested with NeoTicker 4.20 build 4.

Michal

Michal,

I need some understanding.

I live on PST time and have NT set to start on a 24 hour basis at 8:00 am EST. However my general preferences are set to local PST time.

In this context, what hour do I set the session end hour on the Buyzone indicator. I assume it is 2:00 PST.

Thanking you in advnace

jstockman

michal.kreslik

Postby michal.kreslik » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:38 am

jstockman wrote:I live on PST time and have NT set to start on a 24 hour basis at 8:00 am EST. However my general preferences are set to local PST time.

In this context, what hour do I set the session end hour on the Buyzone indicator. I assume it is 2:00 PST.

Generally speaking, the Entry straddle indicator does not care about the time zone. It simply calculates a new set of levels every time a new session starts based on the data on chart. You should make sure the data is displayed in a desired time zone on the chart.

Michal

jstockman

Postby jstockman » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:37 pm

michal.kreslik wrote:
jstockman wrote:I live on PST time and have NT set to start on a 24 hour basis at 8:00 am EST. However my general preferences are set to local PST time.

Generally speaking, the Entry straddle indicator does not care about the time zone. It simply calculates a new set of levels every time a new session starts based on the data on chart. You should make sure the data is displayed in a desired time zone on the chart.

Michal

Michal,

Thanks for the post.

Does this mean I can set the session end hour to what I want the the win statistics will be about the same. Talk to me about the session end hour. I am PST time.

jstockman

michal.kreslik

Postby michal.kreslik » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:41 pm

If your NeoTicker chart is set to display the data in PST time and you want the session end to be 13:00:00 PST, you simply enter 13:00:00 as the session end time in the inputs.

Michal

Return to “NeoTicker indicators”