Airball YM setup for NT

NeoTicker indicators

Moderator: moderators

Gert Frobe

Postby Gert Frobe » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:15 pm

Hi Ed, yes and no - today the pre day open & close were at 12376 & 12290 and mid point @345 thats were the 75 trades came fromBTW Avery said you had a great day and your wife is getting a new killer gaming computer to play world of warcraft (WOW) on LOL

airball
ben

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

eudamonia

Postby eudamonia » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:20 pm

Ben,

O.k. thanks for the explanation.

I had a good day, that's for sure. If I can get a few more of these types of days in this month we'll definately be shopping for a new gaming computer for the wifey. I've also got my eye on one of those 24" Dell monitors that Avery has. Toys, toys and more toys :)

Edward
Eudaimonia (pron.: you-die-moan-e-a) (Greek: εὐδαιμονία) is a classical Greek word commonly translated as 'happiness'. The less subjective "human flourishing" is often preferred as a translation.

Patch

You are awesome

Postby Patch » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:03 pm

Gert Frobe

Great plan, great chart and great job following your trading rules: thus you had another great day.

Thanks for posting your chart Gert. Keep em coming.

Jeff in VA

gmat

Postby gmat » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:03 pm

Hi Gert/Eudamonia:

First post here, is there a link to an explanation of the "Airball Scalping" setup.

TIA

eudamonia

Postby eudamonia » Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:15 pm

Well Ben can fill in if I miss anything but essentially you are looking for 3 things for a buy signal:

1) 5 min bar green/positive
2) 60 min bar green/positive
3) Psychological price level reached i.e. multiples of 100 or 50, XX100 or XXX50

A sell signal would be the same except 5 and 60 are red. Ben uses this setup on the YM (min-Dow) futs with a 10 point profit target and a 7-10 point stop. I've also been looking into how to trade this on the Russell and so far a 1.5 point target and a 1.2-1.5 point stop seems to be the ticket although more testing is needed.

Edward
Eudaimonia (pron.: you-die-moan-e-a) (Greek: εὐδαιμονία) is a classical Greek word commonly translated as 'happiness'. The less subjective "human flourishing" is often preferred as a translation.

Patch

Postby Patch » Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:33 pm

Hi Ed
What were your results with the ER2 this morning? Can you post a chart or two?
I like Paltalk and glad I got a mic on my computer now.
Jeff in VA
ENOUGH being a Yalie for me Back to the Sea. "What i can lose, i can win" "YES YOU CAN" - dragon33 -"Pick one method and one pair and stick with them until you master it. "The choice is yours - success or failure." TRO

eudamonia

Postby eudamonia » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:00 pm

Jeff,

We might want to discuss this on a separate thread, since this thread is about Airball's setup. I'm not sure how to move a post to a new thread but perhaps Michal can help.

To answer your question, I'm still getting familiar with the Buy/Sell zones on the ER2 and I'm not even sure I have the "correct" setup and neither is Avery. Avery usually uses the Buy/Sell zones on stocks and forex so this is uncharted territory. Lastly, I'm using additional indicators to confirm these trades until I get totally comfortable with a "pure" buy/sell setup. When I get more comfortable with this method I would be happy to share my results but until then I will mostly likely be "tweaking" things a bit.

More to the point though is this question - what potential do you see with the buy/sell zones on the Russell? Where would you have taken this morning's trades? It's all very well to look at examples of setups taken in the past, however, it's crucial that you look at these indicators while the market is MOVING! For example there was 1 move through the Russell buyzone today that happened in 30-60 seconds, which I missed. Looking at a static historical chart couldn't tell you that.

If you like the look of the Russell (or any other market), please spend some time observing it. Watch the order flow, get a feel for when it's about to reverse or surge. Feel the flow of the market. This could take you months watching day after day. However, this time you spend with your favorite market is more valuable than ANY indicator IMHO.

Edward

gmat

Postby gmat » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:32 pm

Thanks for the info eudamonia!!

brwkem

Postby brwkem » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:06 pm

Will the indicator work equities as well as eminis?

eudamonia

Postby eudamonia » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:48 pm

brwkem,

If you're referring to the Buy/Sell zone, then yes. Ask Avery for details since I don't trade equities. If you're referring to the Airball setup, then I really don't know since no one has tested it, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Edward

Return to “NeoTicker indicators”