My TRO EAs

Moderator: moderators

newschool

Postby newschool » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:11 am

Are you talking about limiting the EA to some trading sessions on major exchanges? This is an relatively easy thing to do...

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Patch

Postby Patch » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:05 am

newschool

I am not doing a very good job of saying have switches that say trade from 8am EST to 11am EST and don't trade from 11.01am EST to 6.59pm EST. Then trade from 7.00pm EST to 11pm EST.

Also have switches-on and off, for what pairs to trade.

Do you have any ideas about how to stop entries once a short 3semafor forms then the market continues to drop and the 3sema moves down with the market? On the chart you posted, it looks like there were a lot of entry and exits due to a 3sema forming then the market moving further down (or up).

You are on the right track.

Patch
Off to have a cup of Tea
ENOUGH being a Yalie for me Back to the Sea. "What i can lose, i can win" "YES YOU CAN" - dragon33 -"Pick one method and one pair and stick with them until you master it. "The choice is yours - success or failure." TRO

newschool

Postby newschool » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:22 am

Patch wrote:newschool
trade from 8am EST to 11am EST and don't trade from 11.01am EST to 6.59pm

Simple inputs, wont be long to do.

Concerning the semas repainting, I think the solution will be with a combination of different TimeFrames semas and perhaps a smaller 1sema confirming the reversal. I'm working on it tonight.

newschool

Postby newschool » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:13 am

Update

1- The EA goal is not to make all sucessfull trades, loosing some is normal. So always trading from highs to lows is unrealistic. But an EA can be trading 24h/24h so the overall positiveness is easier to archive.

2- In the chart I posted on the first page, the first high 3sema is a good trade. But the first low 3sema is simply not. It is a spike followed by a consolidation. So I realised that it is normal my EA doesnt trade it.

3. The EA now trades on the NEXT h1 candle AFTER the 3sema. This greatly reduces repainting issues. Plus it trades after a smaller 1sema in the M5 time frame. I found this is a good reversal confirmation. Well not that much but again it helps for the overall trade quality.

4. Also added is a delay between trades : atleast 20 pips between the last BUY or SELL. Again to reduce repainting. It is ok to misses some trades, if the one you get in are... really great.

Here is the same date range but with the new EA for comparaison, it looks already cleaner. The s/l is 10 pips so in this screenshot there were 3x1000$ gains and 5x100$ losses. As you can see at the right of the picture there was a breakout, for now the EA doesnt play these thats why it doesnt go long.

Comments, questions and perhaps suggest date ranges you manually traded that I could backtest.

PINKPANTHER5

Postby PINKPANTHER5 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:45 pm

newschool, have you already made this ea? and are you using it already?

forexbob

Postby forexbob » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:11 pm

newschool,

what i think would be usefull for many ea's is not to trade
before&after x minutes(parameter driven) high impact news.
there are several indicators for news, such as ffcal which grabs the data
from forexfactory.
http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=19293

ofcourse to incorporate this would be a nice addition, but also i realize it has low priority to do something like that.
The highest Forex rebates: http://www.cashbackforex.info

newschool

Postby newschool » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:13 am

PINKPANTHER5
you are a little bit late, those screenshots are from the backtesting of the EA... But since it is in beta, I dont really want to share it if you are not a coder, no results are guaranteed...

forexbob
again a great idea, I will be working on it. You probably think the b/o at the right is due to a news...

For those who trade the reversal strategy , again feel free to add something to make the EA more accurate.

newschool

Postby newschool » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:00 pm

Update : H1 Reversal EA

- Changed the reversal confirmation from a 1sema in M5 to a 2sema in M1.

- Again the EA doesnt consider the 3sema on 1st Sep 20h00 as a good trade to take, too risky.

Now I am quite satisfied, so I will backtest few other periods (post one you traded or you would like to see) and after this I will upload the code for live testing.

Concerning the news indicator, I think it would be interesting to make a complete separate EA with it, that would basically try to ride the train when a big news is released.

forexbob

Postby forexbob » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:05 am

newschool wrote:PINKPANTHER5
you are a little bit late, those screenshots are from the backtesting of the EA... But since it is in beta, I dont really want to share it if you are not a coder, no results are guaranteed...

forexbob
again a great idea, I will be working on it. You probably think the b/o at the right is due to a news...

For those who trade the reversal strategy , again feel free to add something to make the EA more accurate.

nope, did not look to that. just half year looking at screens and see price action i just concluded for myself i will not trade around high-impact news.

forexbob

Postby forexbob » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:07 am

tried to test previous days the csbueno ea, but had no trades. so i must be missing something.

will have a look at the code tomorrow if i can see why

*edit: did some backtests and in this i have some trades, but overal not profitable. so my demo testing was probably over a 2 short period.
when time will look further in settings if this can be turned into at least a little profitable. (and in the mean time, just trade manual ...)
Last edited by forexbob on Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “MetaTrader”