[highlight=darkgrey][font=Times New Roman]A Continuation Of:[/font][/highlight]

[highlight=orange]How 3-1-1 Sema Pattern might develop:[/highlight]

From this post:
http://kreslik.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=47275#47275

=====================================
The last pic of the series was this:

But there is always the possibility of THIS :twisted:

and of course, the zoom out for perspective:

Now as for [highlight=BLACK]Krane cat[/highlight][highlight=orange]ches Tyger[/highlight], even though the EJ H4 has a 3S <accidental ticket into the bigger picture S&R game>, I'm not one to try and take the EJ Long {b/c of the rules}. Even though I *AM* tempted by how perfectly aligned the H4 3S is to the H4 2S)...
But I *AM* ok to Long the AJ based on the H1 3S; the H4 2S being there doesn't hurt either.
[hr][hr]Bredz, thanks for the M15 Sema Conversion info, it's on there and I'M LOVING IT!

Also, I don't know about yous guys, but this side-notebook-thread is helping me out quite a bit!!

[hr][hr]
And here is a further zoom out, to see the Daily chart {yes, it was taken almost an hour after the above two pics, but that shouldn't matter much.)

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

newschool

Postby newschool » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:03 am

Tyger, you do know that the semas are simply based on previous highs/lows ?
I don't think its enough to get a certain edge, well not in Forex, perhaps in stocks you could have a few %.

My question leads to... did you grow your account with semas ? (more money than what you deposited)

mob

Postby mob » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:28 am

Tyger thank you very much for starting this thread as this concept is very close to my heart.... I discovered kreslik about a year ago, and religiously follow the main threads here, though I am more a lurker and at awe with the contribution here to boot.....

Anyway, I am working on my 3lzz trading concept since beginning of this year....

This by the way is the thread where the indicator is said to orginate from http://www.forex-tsd.com/indicators-met ... r-mt4.html (hope nobody minds this reference....)

Only after studying Graeme's milliped thread over at FF, a number of gears clicked and is coming along nicely. I have made a few posts over at Bredlin's forum (http://insanityindustries.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=54) so if anybody is interested, pls check over there....

In reply to newschool's question..... yes I am growing my (demo) account nicely and will go live beginning November. The caveat is that this is much easier to handle with a non-US broker due to the mandatory correction(s) on higher tf's when trading from s3 to s3 on h1 or h4 or even higher tf's

My main aim is to develop free positions over time, to minimize initial DD when starting this system one should wait for a S3 low on H4 in a D1 / W1 uptrend and S3 high on H 4 in a D1 / W1 downtrend (my observation...)

My key issues at present are - s3 on h1 is not "fixed" enough (with higher volatility) new s3's appear in much shorter time periods but H4 s3's and s2's are much more "stationary"

I am not a programmer and I can not read the 3lzz code - does anybody have an reference / explanation how /what this code actually calculates (I know - embarrassing...)

are semafors same similar as fractals? If not what is the difference please

Cheers

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:18 am

trueblueTEX wrote:And here might be another one...

(btw: sometimes I cannot upload pictures in line but have to add them as attachments. Anybody know why?)

Using the "Upload Picture" button on the Kreslik reply/compose was always an inconsistent venture with me also.

Instead of figuring out all the how's & why's, I just go to www.tinypic.com .

It's free and requires no registration. When you upload a pic, just click in the box with [ img ] your renamed file [ /img ] .

No keyboard commands or menu commands needed, simply "clicking" in that box loads the text so that it is ready to paste into the body of the message box here.

---------------------------

Furthermore, another site is www.4shared.com . It is free. You DO have to register (but they only ask, super-simple basic stuff). The added benefit is that you can use it to hold a variety of files that it will give you a download link to pass around. {The upload size limit at Kreslik is small and the file types are restrictive. So this site will help you get around that easily if you have other types of stuff to share.}

~Krane

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

TygerKrane

3-1-1 Sema Pattern description

Postby TygerKrane » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:20 am

trueblueTEX wrote:Hey Tyger,

Let's see if I got this:

1) first, there is a 3 Sema
2) then, a 1 Sema forms
3) then, ANOTHER 1 Sema forms above the previous 1 Sema

4) payoff -- go Long on the Green Rat Reversal (my BIG Green Arrow)

1,2, and 3 are where my arrows are and they are all at the bottom of price. Am I understanding this correctly, we are only talking about the Semas that form at the bottom of price? (for Green Rats; for Red Rats it would be the Semas that form at the top of price)

Is that the 3 1 1 Sema form?

No, that isn't the 3-1-1 Sema pattern I was trying to show; I don't think that is the pattern that the other people had in mind either.

That being said, I am not going to say that your observation is wrong or useless. If you visually scan through enough charts and feel confident enough in this pattern, then by all means wait-wait-wait for it. I do see the extra confirmation in what you are pointing out though.( Three outward Semas, that fail to go more outward than each previous one. It might as well be a sign of Price Exhaustion. :smt023 )

Honestly, I only visually scan through/backtest this stuff. {and believe that I am learning enough about Money Management, and overcoming my own Trader Psychology Traps to make whatever 'edge' work.} <so I look forward to proving newschool wrong on this :oops: >

The 3-1-1 Sema pattern that stood out to me was different, and here is the description again:

[highlight=darkorange]-------------------------------------------------------------------------[/highlight]

[font=Arial][highlight=brown]So![/highlight][/font]
3-1-1:
  1. Outward to extreme = forms a 3
  2. Inward as a minor retracement = forms a 1
  3. Outward, a minor push outward from step '2'= forms a 1
If step 3 doesn't push further outward than step 1, then the third Sema has good chance to be locked in as a '1' (what you see in 'hindsight'.)
[highlight=black]Then you expect for Price Action to break inward hard.[/highlight]

[highlight=darkorange]-------------------------------------------------------------------------[/highlight]

Short

Short

Short

Long

Long and Short {trueblue, your setup is in this picture too!}

trueblueTEX

Postby trueblueTEX » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:42 am

Gotcha! I wasn't sure if you had meant all on the SAME side of price or if you had meant opposite sides of price. Now I know!!

Thanks Tyger

TygerKrane

Almost an AJ, H4 3-1-1

Postby TygerKrane » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:25 pm

Almost an AJ, H4 3-1-1 that I am waking up to just now:

sooo close --- the *left* half of these pictures

But not quite:

But there is ALWAYS THE CHANCE for price to do THIS again{How 3-1-1 Sema Pattern might ALMOST develop: }. (Where a 3-1-1 Sema pattern that failed by a few pips ended up making the prescribed move regardless.)

{The formation was messed up by a small amount of pips, but we still got the intended move of 3-1-1}:

[highlight=indigo]The Main Point being: TRADING INWARD from the 3Sema is the important point![/highlight]

Anyways, for me, it is also a ticket into the bigger S&R game. (Since it is H4 3S.)
All this Sema talk, lets NOT forget that we are at a MONTHLY/WEEKLY/ and DAILY low!!!

I don't know guys, [highlight=BLACK]Krane cat[/highlight][highlight=orange]ches Tyger[/highlight] might be actually helping me to see some things... Scared_Smile Scary

:::EDIT:::
IF YOU READ THIS RIGHT AFTER I POSTED, PLEASE NOTE THAT HAD TO CHANGE UP A PARAGRAPH 28 MINS LATER. {B/c I stated something incorrectly.}
This paragraph revised
<But there is ALWAYS THE CHANCE for price to do...>

TygerKrane

Another failed 3-1-1 setup

Postby TygerKrane » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:53 pm

Honestly, this thread was supposed to be about more than just 3-1-1 Sema patterns; I just happen to be hooked on it for the moment. ( I had one or two other discussion points about Sema, just haven't been able to get to it.)

Anyways, Similar to this morning's setup, EJ H4 3-1-1 setup.

**Right side of the posted pics**

EJ H4 3Sema has a low of 112.389
EJ H4 1Sema has a low of 112.423

GOTTA HAVE zoomed out perspective for this one:

The other thing I have observed is that (^depending on the size^ the size of the next green H1 candle) this is probably a good time do an H1 Green Rat Reversal.

Hell, go crazy and do some Rat Stacks as well!! :shock:
http://insanityindustries.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=54

::NOTE::
And as I'm typing, it finally broke.

But looking at the Daily Chart, is the reason why I said elsewhere that [highlight=BLACK]Krane cat[/highlight][highlight=orange]ches Tyger[/highlight] is going to lead me right back to what I was learning with MO. Looking at the daily chart, MOMO's and Zlines tell you something different. Like I said, this training wheels is just to slow me down a bit.

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:00 pm

My posts are like Sema today, they all have been changing a little bit after they first appear. :oops:

Thinking too fast, typing too slow, hitting 'Submit' too quick... :oops:

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:52 am

newschool wrote:Tyger, you do know that the semas are simply based on previous highs/lows ?
I don't think its enough to get a certain edge, well not in Forex, perhaps in stocks you could have a few %.

Hey newschool,
FINALLY! Someone with some ANSWERS around here...
Yeah, I do realize that about breaking previous high/lows; but can you explain what it is that makes 3 as opposed to 2 or a 1 show up?
>And I already know that '1' is just a '1'; a '2' is actually a '2' and a '1'; and a '3' is actually a '3' and a '2' and a '1'.<

So if you could give me more info from there, I'd be glad to know what makes one show up over the other. Like on an H1 chart, 3 Sema is definitely not based on dailyhigh/low.

newschool wrote:My question leads to... did you grow your account with semas ? (more money than what you deposited)

Very funny mister; growing account = more money than I deposited? :o Really? FAScinating!

As for growing my account with Semas? :oops:

That's what WE'RE gonna be finding out: :smt096 :twisted: :smt096

I trust you'll wish me luck in proving you wrong, right? :shock: :smt109 :smt116

But I have mentioned elsewhere that this is all a form of training wheels for me to address my particular weaknesses as a trader, but ultimately to give me a better understanding of what I have been studying here at Kreslik. :smt032

Return to “learning resources”