FREE TRO eBook-"The Big Picture Trading Strategy"

links and discussion on trading-related learning resources

Moderator: moderators

soulmantsw

Postby soulmantsw » Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:07 pm

Hi Tro,
I purchased the ebook not because I believed that it was the holy grail of trading , but because it was a way to say thank you for all the great code you have written . The expense is tax deductible so it works out better then if I just sent you a donation. I hope that you don't take much heat over this .
Thanks
Jamie

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

watzdorf

Postby watzdorf » Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:12 pm

The same here. I did buy the ebook to say thank you for everything you have taught me. I was under the impression that YOU will get the money. I hope you get at least a big part of it. Thank you again for everything.

Alex

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:16 pm

Thanks guys, as always, I appreciate your support.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

digit72

Postby digit72 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:00 pm

TRO....I bought for the same reason as stated by Jamie and Alex ...to say thank you for all you have done for us... and I don't even trade Forex ... not now anyway...but you have helped me make money and keep money with what I keep learning from you..I am grateful...

digit 72

BlowFish

Postby BlowFish » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:01 am

Hi Avery,

I too may buy the book, I havent decided. I only came across your stuff recently and don't really use it but I do like your no nonsence aproach. Seems to me like you know what your talking about! I'm always intrested in examining what succesful traders are up to.

I have little doubt that the stratergies 'work' absolutely fine and dandy. Unfortunately its my opinion that the reason people fail in this bussines is ....well ...themselves, even if they have access to decent information. Un-reaslistsic beliefs about the market, unable to act in a sensible manner based on those beliefs, emotional issues etc. these are the problems.

Anyway forgive me if I appear sceptical its not really directed at you, in fact I would beware your busines partner in this enterprise especialy when on there own web site they say things like

"Yes, Kathleen! Send Me My Gift, and Show Me How I Can Make Quick and Easy Profits Using Someone Else's Products... Then Tell Me How I Can Claim Them As My Own!"

I hope you have protected your work!

All the best,
Cheers.
Nick.

FemmeFX

clarification...

Postby FemmeFX » Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:47 pm

Hi everyone,

Just thought I would offer some clarity on what Nick had concerns about.

What is being offered on another page of the website in question are Private Label Rights and Master Resale Rights to digital information products for online marketers. The Private Label Rights, or PLR, are created by people who specifically have sold the rights for purchasers to take what they've created, add to it or change a few things, and basically do what they want with it... then claim it as their own.

It is not unlike products you will find in the store, for example, shampoos and soaps, that have been created by a manufacturer, with the rights being purchased by other companies to put their names on the very same products and sell it to their own customers. It is both legal and a regular practice in many industries. It is illegal and unacceptable to take someone's product and put your own name on it without the knowledge and permission to do so by the product's creator.

I'm a forex trader... and a filmmaker, photographer, writer, artist representative, and overall entrepreneur. I've been learning how to market online, and found I have somewhat of a skill for it. But never, in any of my entrepreneurial ventures, would I consider doing anything illegal, unethical, or that would harm another individual. Especially Avery. I've known him for close to a year now, being introduced to him by Michal, and I consider him, as well as Michal, of the "genius" caliber, and a true innovator. He and Michal are my close friends. You are all quite fortunate to have found your way to both of them.

Kat

p.s. The offer Avery mentioned that he "couldn't refuse" was not made by me, but he saw a way I could be included. That's the kind of man he is... always helping his friends. :D
Learn a Thing or Two from TheRumpledOne

TheMadDashForCash.com/tro

jstockman

Postby jstockman » Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:20 am

soulmantsw wrote:Hi Tro,
I purchased the ebook not because I believed that it was the holy grail of trading , but because it was a way to say thank you for all the great code you have written . The expense is tax deductible so it works out better then if I just sent you a donation. I hope that you don't take much heat over this .
Thanks
Jamie

I have to agree with soulmantsw.

Thank-you TRO for all the work and selfless attitude. I am a learning and your stuff has given me a lot to learn and has added hope to my future trading as well.

Best of luck

Jimmyj

BlowFish

Postby BlowFish » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:17 am

Hi Kat,

Thank you for clarifying your position. I apologise if I came across rather 'hardball' but I do think the whole internet marketing of 'hopes and dreams' thing has got out of hand.

Its funny, today I got 3 identical mailers from 3 completely different markteers. Two of those people seem to be 'the good guys'. One is Norman Hallet who markets 'self improvement' stuff. I purchased trading mind software (afirmations for traders on CD) from him years ago. For $100 bucks or whatever it was I thought it was reasonable. The other is a fellow brit who I corresponded with at some length over his published work. Very straight forward price action stuff, break outs as it happens. It works. For some reason he has taken to marketing a variety of other peoples work too.

In the past I have bought libraries of books, attended whole semesters of seminars and 'mentored' with anyone who could be brow beaten into taking a student. Of course there is dross but there is surprisingly good information avaialable, some for grattis which makes some look horendously overpriced.

I think the road to success is straight forward. Firstly the trader must be willing to change thier beliefs to reflect how the markets actually operate. Some education here can help , I've not found it all in one place. Changing beliefs is pretty tough.

Secondly you must change your behavior to capitilise on these beliefs. This is even harder for reasons people like Mark Douglas identify. A good stratergy can help but is no use if not connected with market reality and the traders beliefs.

Anything that can help a trader along this path I guess is worthwhile provided it dosent raise too many distractions as well! Anyway I have prattled on too long while the market has been going sideways.

Cheers,
Nick.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:21 am

jstockman wrote:
soulmantsw wrote:Hi Tro,
Thanks
Jamie

I have to agree with soulmantsw.

Thank-you TRO for all the work and selfless attitude. I am a learning and your stuff has given me a lot to learn and has added hope to my future trading as well.

Best of luck

Jimmyj

You are welcome.

The traders who downloaded the free eBook AND followed the strategy could have made over 100% on the EURUSD short that was called.

Charly

Postby Charly » Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:43 pm

HI TRO

apparently I didn't get the point. (bloody foreigners)

Where is the download you are mentioning in your latest post here?

Thanks.
Charly

Return to “learning resources”