Buying systems that already make alot of money

links and discussion on trading-related learning resources

Moderator: moderators

eudamonia

Postby eudamonia » Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:52 pm

justpipenalong,

Early in my trading career I purchased a "guaranteed strategy". I'm not proud to say that I haven't gotten my $3k back from those folks. I guess I could try sueing them - but they have their butt's covered in their "disclosure agreement".

Good luck.

Edward
Eudaimonia (pron.: you-die-moan-e-a) (Greek: εὐδαιμονία) is a classical Greek word commonly translated as 'happiness'. The less subjective "human flourishing" is often preferred as a translation.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

khalid

Postby khalid » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:22 pm

justpipenalong,

You have been offered lot of good advise here; please stop arguing and start learning.

Khalid

sinpix

Postby sinpix » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:15 pm

"price either go up or down, what can be difficult about this?" - Justpipenalong, this is what you say, and, by accident this is what is written in text called "5 stages of trader evolution". exactly this is written in stage 1 :)

gronga

Postby gronga » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:25 pm

I bought a forex auto trader, and thats how I got started. Some month is makes money, once or twice a year it makes GREAT money. But it also loses more than it makes over all.
Robots are unable to cope with changing market systems. Some work trends well, some the static market. The hype behind this is semi accurate, They do indeed stick to the rules laid out and make trades even when the human operator might be too timid to do so and make money. but the reverse is true as well, they will make trades that go down because they have no actuall intelligence.

If you buy it, what ever it is, you will lose money. Pure and simple.
As for money back garentees, good luck. Unless the deal goes through a 3rd party that carries the garentee you will never see it.

bredin

Re: Buying systems that already make alot of money

Postby bredin » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:35 pm

What to say.... first several people have already said some valuable stuff and you can either argue and lose money or listen and win...

Now my bit: NOTHING WORTHWHILE COMES EASY, no victory is painless and the greater the struggle the greater the feeling of victory. That feeling BTW (of VICTORY) is the greatest feeling on earth- nothing beats it, and I do mean nothing.

My VICTORY took 10 months and, like you, I thought I could buy a system, sit back and watch the money roll in. Ouch. So I thought I could write a robot myself. Ouch. Better learn to trade instead, I thought, and handed over several thousand $$ to some guys. Ouch. Although at this point I can say that from their system I did write a robot that makes money, and no, its not for sale. So I went looking for the reason why their system broke so ouchingly often. I found the answer in the Never Lose Again thread in this site.

I retired from my job (some will say prematurely) in 18 Dec 2009, and the feeling was magnificent!

To your assertation that you dont have time, all I can say is "You dont have time, you MAKE time"

justpipenalong wrote:Im very confused,i dont know if i have the time to learn to trade,it seeems very complex and time consuming.

I mean isnt easyer to just buy a system that is already making alot of money than just loosing your money to start with?

I have been jumping around forums doing research on systems, it seems 60/50 are against purchasing asystem from bad experience,but on the other hand i have heard good things about other 1s.

So my ? is,can any1 recommend a good system?
Or has/is any1 trading this system? www.doubling-forex-robot.com
Any help highly aprreciated,im not rich,so i wonna start of on the right foot.

Thanks
justpipenalong
Welcome to the era of "Guns and Maskies" Trading!
The previous message contains discretion. Viewer nudity is advised.
Insanity Industries Indicators Here
Insanity Industries on YouTube!

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:42 pm

gronga wrote:I bought a forex auto trader, and thats how I got started. Some month is makes money, once or twice a year it makes GREAT money. But it also loses more than it makes over all.
Robots are unable to cope with changing market systems. Some work trends well, some the static market. The hype behind this is semi accurate, They do indeed stick to the rules laid out and make trades even when the human operator might be too timid to do so and make money. but the reverse is true as well, they will make trades that go down because they have no actuall intelligence.

As for money back garentees, good luck. Unless the deal goes through a 3rd party that carries the garentee you will never see it.

Changing market? That's an illusion. Price goes up and price goes down, that does not change.

The reason robots lose money is because they are written by Yale students and not RATS. RATS can't code...LOL!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

razorboy

Postby razorboy » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:05 am

why would anyone sell a winning system......................

that is the only question you need to ask yourself here......

TheRumpledOne wrote:
gronga wrote:I bought a forex auto trader, and thats how I got started. Some month is makes money, once or twice a year it makes GREAT money. But it also loses more than it makes over all.

Changing market? That's an illusion. Price goes up and price goes down, that does not change.

The reason robots lose money is because they are written by Yale students and not RATS. RATS can't code...LOL!
Ya, I manufacture clear shoe boxes.....http://www.clear-shoe-boxes.com.............who would have thunk!

http://thejoshkerbelproject.com/

adaseb

Postby adaseb » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:53 am

This thread is over a year old.

xtremeforex

Postby xtremeforex » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:41 pm

I believe Robots can make money.

However, it has to be a robot you made by yourself.

I've built several versions of bots and my most recent version is bringing in approx 30%/month. I would never sell it for the bogus cheap prices you see on the Internet.

Too much time, effort, research, stress and tears. For me to sell my bot, I would sell it for an amount that would never let me worry about money again. Guess how much? Probably several million dollars.

xtremeforex

Postby xtremeforex » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:44 pm

People have to be willing to work for success in this business. If trading was its' own academic discipline, it would take several years to get a "degree" in it. Look at it that way. Of course the more you do your homework the faster you can accelerate.

Return to “learning resources”