PowerX Strategy "PowerZ"

everything that doesn't belong elsewhere cometh here

Moderator: moderators

IgazI

Re: PowerX Strategy "PowerZ"

Postby IgazI » Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:40 pm

Crypto is still just moving sideways at this point.

Wake me up when something interesting happens.

30 minute line chart:
sheGO_up_sheGO_dn_sheGO_.png
sheGO_up_sheGO_dn_sheGO_.png (123.07 KiB) Viewed 775 times
"Everything Should Be Made As Simple As Possible, But Not Simpler!"

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

IgazI

Postby IgazI » Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:51 pm

If you were plotting your own charts at home, you would be looking at the daily, weekly, and monthly HLC bars, and the intraday would just be used to follow along with the current price action. . .place orders, set stops, whatever.

The daily bar was updated either at the end of the day or the end of the week.

If you needed to know the intraday then you plotted the intraday, but if the chart made a run on the daily then you would just manage it from the daily. . . . unless price started moving sideways and you were bored and you just wanted to take a look-see.

Day trading is sexy, I get it, and even I am allured by their time-tight bodies :lol:

but I guarantee you that you will have greater success if your primary focus is the larger charts:

a few people achieve great things on small charts, but most people will fail. . .
if you want to know if you're special then just look at your P&L over the last three quarters.

ADA_2023_31_01.png
ADA_2023_31_01.png (107.54 KiB) Viewed 721 times

nonibadsha

Postby nonibadsha » Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:25 pm

IgazI wrote:If you were plotting your own charts at home, you would be looking at the daily, weekly, and monthly HLC bars, and the intraday would just be used to follow along with the current price action. . .place orders, set stops, whatever.

If you needed to know the intraday then you plotted the intraday, but if the chart made a run on the daily then you would just manage it from the daily. . . . unless price started moving sideways and you were bored and you just wanted to take a look-see.

Day trading is sexy, I get it, and even I am allured by their time-tight bodies :lol:

but I guarantee you that you will have greater success if your primary focus is the larger charts:

a few people achieve great things on small charts, but most people will fail. . .
if you want to know if you're special then just look at your P&L over the last three quarters.

ADA_2023_31_01.png

You confuse me.. :oops:
Over on Alias's thread you try to help me.. and I greatly appreciate it. But then here in your own thread you say this. What to do :?

IgazI

Postby IgazI » Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:51 pm

nonibadsha wrote:
Over on Alias's thread you try to help me.. and I greatly appreciate it. But then here in your own thread you say this. What to do :?

Although I have been trading for over 20 years, and I do know how to day trade, I do not spend my time day trading.

If you want to learn to day trade then you should learn to trade from someone who spends their time day trading.

This being a forum, I am going to give you my 2 cents and you are free to take it or leave it.

do_this.jpg
do_this.jpg (9.32 KiB) Viewed 696 times

nonibadsha

Postby nonibadsha » Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:29 pm

IgazI wrote:
nonibadsha wrote:

Although I have been trading for over 20 years, and I do know how to day trade, I do not spend my time day trading.

If you want to learn to day trade then you should learn to trade from someone who spends their time day trading.

This being a forum, I am going to give you my 2 cents and you are free to take it or leave it.

do_this.jpg

And I appreciate every time you help me.. I really do.
Not just you but Alias and everyone else.

I did not mean to sound unappreciative and I'm sorry if that's how I came across.. It was not my intention. Should have kept my mouth shut.

IgazI

Postby IgazI » Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:38 pm

nonibadsha wrote:
IgazI wrote:
nonibadsha wrote:

do_this.jpg

And I appreciate every time you help me.. I really do.
Not just you but Alias and everyone else.

I did not mean to sound unappreciative and I'm sorry if that's how I came across.. It was not my intention. Should have kept my mouth shut.

That was not my tone.

I'm just letting you know that I am just an old school short-term investor and that I have a completely different time horizon and trading strategy than the other traders here.

You are not going to upset me :) talk all you want.

nonibadsha

Postby nonibadsha » Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:24 pm

IgazI wrote:If you were plotting your own charts at home, you would be looking at the daily, weekly, and monthly HLC bars, and the intraday would just be used to follow along with the current price action. . .place orders, set stops, whatever.

ADA_2023_31_01.png

What's the difference between the smaller and larger charts?
How or what gives me greater success using the larger charts?

IgazI

Postby IgazI » Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:26 pm

nonibadsha wrote:

Where do I even start, the advantages are too numerous to count. . .

#1 difference: there are no intraday up trends when a daily chart is making a new low, and the result of the close could pull price down for days or even weaks; the daily candle is intrinsically strong.

If you are trading strength then all of your decisions are strong whereas if you are trading a 5 minute chart you always require a greater degree of situational awareness, an awareness which comes with experience, experience which you do not have:

How many traders are affected by the result of a 5, 15, 30 minute candle? and is not everyone 'shook' by the result of a daily or weekly candle?!

The difference is quite clear.

So how do large charts 'help' you? they keep you tethered to strength while you utilize the intraday charts to make better decisions at key points.

IgazI

Postby IgazI » Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:04 pm

Jpow coming in clutch =D>

Super-dove activate!

nonibadsha

Postby nonibadsha » Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:11 pm

IgazI wrote:
nonibadsha wrote:

Where do I even start, the advantages are too numerous to count. . .

#1 difference: there are no intraday up trends when a daily chart is making a new low, and the result of the close could pull price down for days or even weaks; the daily candle is intrinsically strong.

If you are trading strength then all of your decisions are strong whereas if you are trading a 5 minute chart you always require a greater degree of situational awareness, an awareness which comes with experience, experience which you do not have:

How many traders are affected by the result of a 5, 15, 30 minute candle? and is not everyone 'shook' by the result of a daily or weekly candle?!

The difference is quite clear.

So how do large charts 'help' you? they keep you tethered to strength while you utilize the intraday charts to make better decisions at key points.

Let's try this.. Where do I start?

Return to “general”