NFA is reducing leverage to only 100:1 in America

everything that doesn't belong elsewhere cometh here

Moderator: moderators

patriotstef

Postby patriotstef » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:34 pm

Ok, who do you guys here use for what I'm talking about? I assume you guys are on Europe's trading brokerages?

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

jhtumblin

Postby jhtumblin » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:39 pm

<------Only uses U.S. brokerages

RicG

Postby RicG » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:45 pm

jhtumblin wrote:<------Only uses U.S. brokerages
And in America - there are Congressmen/Congresswomen who want to take away your ability to trade with the Financial Traders Tax. If you'd like to fight this - please go to the following link and sign the online petition:

http://www.rallycongress.com/greentrade ... ction-tax/

Regards,
Ric
(Disclaimer - This post is for educational purposes only. Always consult a licensed investment professional before taking any trade. Any trade you take is at your own risk.)

jhtumblin

Postby jhtumblin » Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:14 am

Nah Ric,

I love the U.S.A. but at the same time I grow tired of fighting Capitol Hill and their stupidity in law-making. If something like that passed, It would be time for me to take my citizenship, and tax paying ability to another country.

noone22

Postby noone22 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:26 am

What about Monaco or Seishel Islands?
No taxes for residents or corporations.

Not sure about implications, if you're still US citizen -
IRC seems to have very long hands nowdays.

Patch

Postby Patch » Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:52 am

jhtumblin

Even considering packing up and leaving the land of my/our birth is a great weight. We stand and fight the tyranny that abounds with the government seeking all control of our lives, else we leave America behind for a new land. -Patch
ENOUGH being a Yalie for me Back to the Sea. "What i can lose, i can win" "YES YOU CAN" - dragon33 -"Pick one method and one pair and stick with them until you master it. "The choice is yours - success or failure." TRO

bredin

Postby bredin » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:54 am

This talk about leverage and limiting it, taxing traders et al, got me thinking a bit about the deal I did a few months back to acquire some real estate- long story short I was able to get my hands on an apartment that is positively geared with absolutely no money out of my own pocket.

Ok, the last bit is a slight exaggeration, but all my expenses were covered at settlement and I rewarded my family with a nice new TV which my tenant is thoughtfully paying for :)

Sure I needed to fill in some forms and talk to a few people and spend a bit of time looking for the right property, but haven't I essentially used infinite leverage? With near enough to zero risk to boot....

And to think they're worried about people getting killed with a mere 100% leverage in their hands.
Welcome to the era of "Guns and Maskies" Trading!
The previous message contains discretion. Viewer nudity is advised.
Insanity Industries Indicators Here
Insanity Industries on YouTube!

jhtumblin

Postby jhtumblin » Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:40 pm

I understand your point Bredin. However, banks, laws, and people in general are more favorable toward tangible assets.

I know that the current economic crisis has an international impact, but if you look specifically at the U.S. situation you will see how government has attempted to bail out the sides which have tangible assets, such as banks, large firms, and manufacturers etc. Yet they have completely failed to instill hope into those who made those companies possible in the first place (investors and shareholders), who hold the intangible portion.

Either way, if you are able to benefit from the tangible side of the market, by all means continue to exploit it.

bredin

Postby bredin » Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:16 am

The bailout situation is totally broken, in every country. Whats the long term (ie c.20 years) real position of the bailout?

Doesn't it just indebt future generations to the very people that caused the problems in the present? Isnt that the point of the bailout? Im sure president Obanker was thinking along those lines when he handed the fed the opportunity to create almost unlimited currency to "fix" the crisis.

Remember that in President Wilsons memoirs he said this of the passing of the federal reserve act in 1913:
"I have unwittingly perpetrated the worst crime against the people in the history of the Union." (quote may not be word for word accurate, but its close enough).
Welcome to the era of "Guns and Maskies" Trading!
The previous message contains discretion. Viewer nudity is advised.
Insanity Industries Indicators Here
Insanity Industries on YouTube!

Return to “general”