Map o' Buried Treasure

everything that doesn't belong elsewhere cometh here

Moderator: moderators

Captain Pugwash

Postby Captain Pugwash » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:52 pm

The II dns propogation is still ongoing - so chucking this here for the time being

Dragons trading has captivated all of us at some time

His latest charts have made me look very closely again at his posts - I never properly understood what he was trying to say when i initially looked a few years ago - I am trying to bolt his superb knowledge to help with my own trading

Took this after price rejecting higher zero line price formed a new zero line on the entry candle ( these were in H1 0 to 50% zones not m15)

I think Dragon gets in on areas where he already expects a reaction - he waits for the expected reaction then takes the trade - I have tended to touch trade, expecting the reaction - magical when it works but not so great when it don't :)

I intend to mark up some charts this weekend to really get to grips with this

m15 H1 H4 D1 all down

I was really close to htf demand, hence my exit (look on a daily chart)

edit - entry on top red line

I have no idea if this is a true "dragon" trade - just hoping to make sense of things
"MOJO 1)Self-confidence, Self-assuredness. As in basis for belief in ones self in a situation. Esp/In context of contest or display of skill such as going into battle. 2)Ability to bounce back from a debilitating trauma and negative attitude YEH BABY

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:28 am

Captain,

the way he taught me to trade it, you nailed it.
Its classic Dragon style.

Captain Pugwash wrote:The II dns propogation is still ongoing - so chucking this here for the time being

Dragons trading has captivated all of us at some time

His latest charts have made me look very closely again at his posts - I never properly understood what he was trying to say when i initially looked a few years ago - I am trying to bolt his superb knowledge to help with my own trading

Took this after price rejecting higher zero line price formed a new zero line on the entry candle ( these were in H1 0 to 50% zones not m15)

I think Dragon gets in on areas where he already expects a reaction - he waits for the expected reaction then takes the trade - I have tended to touch trade, expecting the reaction - magical when it works but not so great when it don't :)

I intend to mark up some charts this weekend to really get to grips with this

m15 H1 H4 D1 all down

I was really close to htf demand, hence my exit (look on a daily chart)

edit - entry on top red line

I have no idea if this is a true "dragon" trade - just hoping to make sense of things
Attachments
cp1.png
cp1.png (29.72 KiB) Viewed 4455 times
It always takes Momentum to break Momentum!
"A small loss is just as satisfying as a large gain" -MO
"Sometimes we need to stop learning and start thinking...."
"Once you stack, you'll never go back!"

Captain Pugwash

Postby Captain Pugwash » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:16 pm

not really trying to copy Dragon exactly- only D can do that :) - just trying to come up with some ideas to tune out my errors

Dragons posts are so much more informative after I have been trading a while

was so close to banging a pending on this (actually I took it off)

"MOJO 1)Self-confidence, Self-assuredness. As in basis for belief in ones self in a situation. Esp/In context of contest or display of skill such as going into battle. 2)Ability to bounce back from a debilitating trauma and negative attitude YEH BABY

Captain Pugwash

Postby Captain Pugwash » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:34 am

my normal entry would have had me in at the very top (bottom of grey box) - but i am giving away accuracy for confirmation

(Why?
1, too many setups don't play ball.

2. I tend to "not" get in when I miss a move by a pip or so - I hope entering like this will encourage me to enter in the direction of profit.

3. I can set alerts where the ultimate supply is in some doubt - then simply observe what happens on each alert)

Captain Pugwash

Postby Captain Pugwash » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:45 am

this was too damn tasty to wait for confirmation - an easy four to one trade

Captain Pugwash

Postby Captain Pugwash » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:24 pm

this post is just my thoughts -

I wanted to make sense of Dragons last Trade he posted - Well. so it makes make sense to me anyway :)

Looking at all the m15 charts Dragon posted in the past, got me a clear case of myopia ( a word once used when Bredin gave me a bollocking :) )-I could make sense of the individual entries but not the big picture as to WHY - so here's Dragons markup again

I decided to ignore the entry and get to the meat of what he may really be using as a framework for his trades - i wish i was around the first time to be able to pull his trading apart like this.

It makes perfect sense like this - but I am an eccentric nutter - The nice thing is, is that this markup would be a starting point for me anyway - so it gives me a comfortable foundation to work on

zoomed

zoomed again - less clear on the big picture but now I know where and what to look for

EDIT - maybe for me, starting with Dragons entries was just looking at his trades arse backwards - I hope I can now build on a solid foundation

unless of course I am way off base :)

pp2

Postby pp2 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:35 am

Hey captain, I like the charts you've posted ;)

I think I understand what you are trying to portray but any chance of upload higher res images, my eyes aren't what they're used to be :( :)

Captain Pugwash

Postby Captain Pugwash » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:00 am

HI PP2

The resolution thing is annoying me as well mate - my monitor has to be pretty big to cope with my shite mince pies :) -

here's the chart uploaded again using kreslik - (so Kreslik shrinks the chart even more)

I have noticed some of you guys upload charts that can be clicked on to view full screen - I would like to know how you do that

The same chart i posted on Insanity came out a reasonable size.

In case i cant get up a higher res image - Initially I Zoom charts right out so I may not see individual candles - ironically I see more like that (thats what I mean by the framework I trade in - only after marking up the big picture do I zoom in
Attachments
2013-07-07_1303.png
2013-07-07_1303.png (86.12 KiB) Viewed 4142 times
Last edited by Captain Pugwash on Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pp2

Postby pp2 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:10 am

Cheers for the effort Captain! :)

Captain Pugwash

Postby Captain Pugwash » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:46 am

np PP2

looks like Michal Kreslick killed those spammers

It warms my heart to see all that wasted effort

Return to “general”