Map o' Buried Treasure

everything that doesn't belong elsewhere cometh here

Moderator: moderators

Captain Pugwash

Postby Captain Pugwash » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:15 pm

Thanks Relativity, lazygeorge and dojirock, and sorry for the late reply shipmates - I'm genuinely happy that another pirate might pick a few gold nuggets that are just lying around here. This Forum is BIG - my brain hurts :shock:

Its been quite a journey for me, I feel comfortable the idea of trading from the extremes on larger time-frames. I want to fully appreciate just what the 3xCC is about - and seeing how Point and figure has grown out of the 3xCC.

Another revelation is the way you can add into a position while making sure the average of the position stays relatively safe behind a SR level (I have another bunch of bookmarks on that subject! Money management being key in all this)

So I think I'll concentrate on these subjects as they feel interrelated.

Have a great weekend - Now, where did I put me grog!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:08 pm

Captain Pugwash wrote:I am going to have to search for the post that lead to this chart! MO said something like "it was music" to him.
I am not sure if there was any debate about the chart - but it is really interesting just looking at it from a newb perceptive (for me)

One of the CC's colours shows momentum and rest clearly - but, just eyeballing the chart the other phases sort of show the way. (lower lows)
Yeh, I know I'm probably making an eejit of myself here. I feel I want to find out exactly how to replicate this chart so I can have a play :-)

Also its really Interesting how the lack of colours are so much clearer when showing this type of info - much like the subject pebble trader talks about, I think.

http://kreslik.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=57469#57469

MightyOne was teasing me when I started talking junk to him.
I actually meant to do a half-hearted piece of analysis on that chart o' his and post it up. (Half-hearted b/c I never read up on the 3xCC stuff, so I was just gonna describe what I SEE...)

Other than that, mighty fine thread you got going here, MIGHTY fine! :P

Thanks for doing my pics up, I think I'll jack them back from you and put it up in my thread now. :)

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

Captain Pugwash

Postby Captain Pugwash » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:55 pm

TygerKrane wrote:Thanks for doing my pics up, I think I'll jack them back from you and put it up in my thread now. :)

That be a blatant act of piracy on the high seas ! :evil: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the link Tyger - its been driving me mad wondering where I found that!

Relativity

Postby Relativity » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:06 am

Thank you Captain!

Because of your thread, I am now having an easier time finding information regarding 3CC. Can't thank you enough for all the compiling.

Captain Pugwash

Postby Captain Pugwash » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:27 pm

Thankee Shipmate Relativity.

I have been doing a little less compiling of late.... there has to come a time when a lot more doing is required.

But I have certainly not gone away.

If it wasn't for the free exchange of ideas here at Kreslick, I don't believe I would have felt confident enough to trade a live account yet.

Now I am mainly studying the use of Space, PnF, the advantage of Chart Markups and Supply and Demand. (in no particular order)

I have to say that working with bredin at II since last autumn, has really helped me turn the corner in my trading (and confidence) - and about time, as it's been a five year apprenticeship - not too bad considering the big picture.

Got to say tho, Kreslicks buried treasure must be the finest on the interweb :)
"MOJO 1)Self-confidence, Self-assuredness. As in basis for belief in ones self in a situation. Esp/In context of contest or display of skill such as going into battle. 2)Ability to bounce back from a debilitating trauma and negative attitude YEH BABY

Relativity

Postby Relativity » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:32 pm

Sure it is, Captain =>

Captain Pugwash

Postby Captain Pugwash » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:20 pm

How to get a quart out of a pint pot using space[/glow]

[EDIT] 26 pip stop 98 pip move and about a 10:1 RR

I trade off Supply and Demand

I took this trade over the last week and a bit - it may help someone

i suppose i have to thank my mates at the Insanity Training School - who have compleatly failed to teach me how to spell.

Berino, Bredin, Brookmyre and Withnail to mention but five. (note it 's alphabetical you w....rs!)

i was pretty green this time last year - still am - but now, at the very least, I know it can be done.

note - you dont have to think in terms of full lots
mini and micros work just as well - its all simply a ratio

when I say "green line above" i am talking about the zero position on the fib tool - in other words the exit of my hedge and where i intend to add to the trade.

the charts are zoomed in to show the space trade sequence - all trades are setup with pending orders from observation of price action - which they very handily put on the left of every chart.

Oh! - Thanks MO
Last edited by Captain Pugwash on Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"MOJO 1)Self-confidence, Self-assuredness. As in basis for belief in ones self in a situation. Esp/In context of contest or display of skill such as going into battle. 2)Ability to bounce back from a debilitating trauma and negative attitude YEH BABY

withnail

Postby withnail » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:23 pm

Hi Captain,
I think this is worth a book mark in the treasure map.. before it gets lost.
http://kreslik.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=66377#66377
The thinking like a market maker bit is good thinking material.
And a chart to think about with that in mind.
Cheers,
Withnail
1. Big loss, 2. Small Loss, 3. Big Win, 4. Small Win --- just prevent 1.

Captain Pugwash

Postby Captain Pugwash » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:23 am

Hey, Thanks for that Withnail - its too easy to miss gems - posts like that seem to get buried all to quickly!

I will put that link on my first page - with a link to your bloody excellent expanitory screenshot.

Captain Pugwash

Postby Captain Pugwash » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:29 am

Nice to see my 2 pending orders taken last night -And, the best price for a short this year from an extreme for both pairs - If it works out of course.

MO did say an extreme is worth fighting for :D

My plan is to add into the trades early - then ...............wait.

Return to “general”