Let's talk about leading (not lagging) indicators

everything that doesn't belong elsewhere cometh here

Moderator: moderators

dragon33

Postby dragon33 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:39 pm

Patch wrote:dragon33

What do you mean by if you see H4 "bodys to body"? What is body to body? Open-Close of 2 candles side by side, like rail road tracks? one up one down? thx, jb

Yes two body side by side (close and open)

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

dragon33

Postby dragon33 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:43 pm

marypipins wrote:Lisa

My experience has amounted to little more than me pulling my hair out and screaming at the screen. IMHO the only nonlagging indicator, if you call it an indicator, is support and resistance. Using that along with following the trend at least gives us a clue as to where price may or maynot go. I use murrey math lines to help visualize s/r. Murrey lines, like an engine not sure how it works but if I turn the key and it starts thats all I care about.
Lisa

I told it before! Watch the H4 open, close, high and lows. H4 is the leading chart. Everyone of these price will be a zero for major support or resistance!
Those areas are also nice to chose your targets.
Just watch it!

Humble

Postby Humble » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:39 pm

Unfortunate thing about the H4 chart is they are not all the same. Brokers have different start of day times, some let you change this some don't.
Is price closing higher or lower than something? Simple yet powerful question. ..MO

flip4_mac

More on price action

Postby flip4_mac » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:10 pm

Price action movies summer thrillers and adventures....u need a flash swf and quick time..enjoy

http://rapidshare.com/files/256601484/p ... s.rar.html

ps how about a Drain the Banks Scalping movie/ from the pros?

jefe

Postby jefe » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:56 pm

dragon33 wrote:
marypipins wrote:Lisa

My experience has amounted to little more than me pulling my hair out and screaming at the screen. IMHO the only nonlagging indicator, if you call it an indicator, is support and resistance. Using that along with following the trend at least gives us a clue as to where price may or maynot go. I use murrey math lines to help visualize s/r. Murrey lines, like an engine not sure how it works but if I turn the key and it starts thats all I care about.
Lisa

I told it before! Watch the H4 open, close, high and lows. H4 is the leading chart. Everyone of these price will be a zero for major support or resistance!
Those areas are also nice to chose your targets.
Just watch it![/quote}

Dragon,

How many 4Hr candles do you go back??

I use MM because they automatically place the HL's on the chart--but that is about all I use them for (I don't pay any attention to the /8th's)

I set up the the GU on 4hr, went back 6 candles-- a little congested-- but more look more relevant than MM's...

My like my charts naked these days, (I trade with bars, MM and thats about it...)--after 7 months I dropped the suns :shock:

As far as leading indicators... I watch AUD/USD, it'll give you a 10sec headstart :)

noone22

Postby noone22 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:26 am

jefe wrote:As far as leading indicators... I watch AUD/USD, it'll give you a 10sec headstart

Interesting to know, it is headstart against what.

patriotstef

Postby patriotstef » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:24 pm

I think I have one example of what I've been getting at right here... The Commitments Of Traders Report

http://www.cftc.gov/marketreports/commi ... /index.htm

This is where the big/smart money all is apparently. Does anyone know how exactly to read it or where a more simplified report of this data is?

TTrader

Where is the movie?

Postby TTrader » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:23 pm

Hi flip4_mac,
I couldn't locate the movie at rapidshare.com
It says ERROR... Download limit reached; the file could only be downloaded 10 times...
Could you upload it somewhere else, say mediafire for instance. Thanks.

TTrader.

alexxbailey

Postby alexxbailey » Sat May 10, 2014 8:29 am

Economic indicators provide a snapshot of the economy?s health. Over time, many strange financial signs have been suggested by "experts" that read like they could be more accurate predictors in the Bizzaro World. Also called Htrae (Earth backwards), it is a cube-shaped planet populated by gonzo versions of Superman and other DC universe characters. Here are some indicators of economic health that most likely make total sense to Htrae economists. Indicators of economic health.

RicG

Postby RicG » Sat May 10, 2014 1:22 pm

SPAM!!!!
(Disclaimer - This post is for educational purposes only. Always consult a licensed investment professional before taking any trade. Any trade you take is at your own risk.)

Return to “general”