Let's get real, Wizzle's log

everything that doesn't belong elsewhere cometh here

Moderator: moderators

User avatar
LeMercenaire
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 3184
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:11 am
Reputation: 2302
Gender: None specified

Re: Let's get real, Wizzle's log

Postby LeMercenaire » Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:36 am

Wizzlebizzle wrote:Orange line is where I wanted to be in, red line is where I was in.

There has just been a short Zline as well, but didn't trade it as we are near the bottom of that congestion on the left. Is this what you would refer to as to trading extremes Lem? Well, in this case not trading the extreme?


See your Ask Line? That's my Z-Line, Long on the left of the congestion as it builds pressure to a flat-top and all those wicks drip back into the Z.

Interesting to see if it now flips Short and back in line with Dead Horse.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Wizzlebizzle
rank: 50+ posts
rank: 50+ posts
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:02 am
Reputation: 34
Gender: None specified

Re: Let's get real, Wizzle's log

Postby Wizzlebizzle » Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:48 am

LeMercenaire wrote:
Wizzlebizzle wrote:Orange line is where I wanted to be in, red line is where I was in.

There has just been a short Zline as well, but didn't trade it as we are near the bottom of that congestion on the left. Is this what you would refer to as to trading extremes Lem? Well, in this case not trading the extreme?


See your Ask Line? That's my Z-Line, Long on the left of the congestion as it builds pressure to a flat-top and all those wicks drip back into the Z.

Interesting to see if it now flips Short and back in line with Dead Horse.


Had to look at it twice, but I see what you mean. Also cool how it flipped the other way and started wicking from below and then it dropped down. Very cool. Will need to train my eye to see this real life though.

I'm off to work in a bit, have a good day :)

User avatar
LeMercenaire
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 3184
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:11 am
Reputation: 2302
Gender: None specified

Re: Let's get real, Wizzle's log

Postby LeMercenaire » Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:52 am

Wizzlebizzle wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
Wizzlebizzle wrote:Orange line is where I wanted to be in, red line is where I was in.

There has just been a short Zline as well, but didn't trade it as we are near the bottom of that congestion on the left. Is this what you would refer to as to trading extremes Lem? Well, in this case not trading the extreme?


See your Ask Line? That's my Z-Line, Long on the left of the congestion as it builds pressure to a flat-top and all those wicks drip back into the Z.

Interesting to see if it now flips Short and back in line with Dead Horse.


Had to look at it twice, but I see what you mean. Also cool how it flipped the other way and started wicking from below and then it dropped down. Very cool. Will need to train my eye to see this real life though.

I'm off to work in a bit, have a good day :)


This is pretty much the only way I identify Z-Lines and it works with how I play them - I am well aware that there are various other subtleties in identifying and execution.

Lunchtime here. Have a good and non-stressful day.

Wizzlebizzle
rank: 50+ posts
rank: 50+ posts
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:02 am
Reputation: 34
Gender: None specified

Re: Let's get real, Wizzle's log

Postby Wizzlebizzle » Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:38 am

Just out of interest, how would you guys look at this chart?

I am seeing a potential Deadhorse entry on EA here, but would be hesitant to take the trade with the level to the left?

I am not trading as I am too distracted with other things today, but keeping an eye on the charts.

Screenshot 2022-04-28 at 10.31.04.png
Screenshot 2022-04-28 at 10.31.04.png (217.6 KiB) Viewed 457 times

Wizzlebizzle
rank: 50+ posts
rank: 50+ posts
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:02 am
Reputation: 34
Gender: None specified

Re: Let's get real, Wizzle's log

Postby Wizzlebizzle » Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:44 am

Don_xyZ wrote:0. Have a bias. Without this, the rest means nothing. Get your bias from chart patterns or indicators or candles or whatever you see good.

1. Always trade the fractal. Mark them, learn each of them (because there are many different scenarios that preceed them).
2. You either take a Reversal fractal or Continuation fractal. Reversals will give you the most bang for the buck but they are very tricky to master. Continuation fractal is very convenient but offers less reward.
3. Take the nearest spot to the fractal. Look for how you can enter as near as possible or at the tip of the fractal. The wick is the best position you can get on any chart.
4. Grade the potential entry. You must have filters on this phase. A lot of future losing trades will be cut off.
5. Drag ‘em to the other time frame. Multi-time frame is where the pot of gold is. Learn to be comfortable extending the run of your profit. This is easier said than done that’s why you need to demo trade it. Most of my big profits came from optimizing my risk (risk is a subjective matter though) and extending the trade to a bigger time frame. You must position your trade well before you do this.

6 -100. The what ifs and their solutions (I’m sure you never get this advice before). A lot of my time was spent figuring out what if things don’t go textbook, this is where you should think about every other possibilities that can happen before, during, and after you exit your trade and find the solution for them.

101. Never skip your rest. Enjoy your weekend!


Sorry Don, I just realised I never replied to this.
Thank you for that.
I'll have a look at the what ifs as well. Assuming they are in your thread?

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
aliassmith
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 3540
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm
Reputation: 1599
Gender: Male

Re: Let's get real, Wizzle's log

Postby aliassmith » Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:19 pm

Wizzlebizzle wrote:Just out of interest, how would you guys look at this chart?

I am seeing a potential Deadhorse entry on EA here, but would be hesitant to take the trade with the level to the left?

I am not trading as I am too distracted with other things today, but keeping an eye on the charts.

Screenshot 2022-04-28 at 10.31.04.png


Like these
Attachments
EURAUDM504282022.png
EURAUDM504282022.png (50.75 KiB) Viewed 425 times
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!
Maximum Size for Maximum Rides$$$ :shock:

User avatar
LeMercenaire
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 3184
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:11 am
Reputation: 2302
Gender: None specified

Re: Let's get real, Wizzle's log

Postby LeMercenaire » Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:28 pm

Wizzlebizzle wrote:Just out of interest, how would you guys look at this chart?

I am seeing a potential Deadhorse entry on EA here, but would be hesitant to take the trade with the level to the left?

I am not trading as I am too distracted with other things today, but keeping an eye on the charts.

Screenshot 2022-04-28 at 10.31.04.png


I'd probably wait for the retrace then look for a break and hold above that level before looking to get in.

User avatar
Don_xyZ
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 217
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:15 am
Reputation: 64
Gender: None specified

Re: Let's get real, Wizzle's log

Postby Don_xyZ » Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:22 am

Wizzlebizzle wrote:
Don_xyZ wrote:0. Have a bias. Without this, the rest means nothing. Get your bias from chart patterns or indicators or candles or whatever you see good.

1. Always trade the fractal. Mark them, learn each of them (because there are many different scenarios that preceed them).
2. You either take a Reversal fractal or Continuation fractal. Reversals will give you the most bang for the buck but they are very tricky to master. Continuation fractal is very convenient but offers less reward.
3. Take the nearest spot to the fractal. Look for how you can enter as near as possible or at the tip of the fractal. The wick is the best position you can get on any chart.
4. Grade the potential entry. You must have filters on this phase. A lot of future losing trades will be cut off.
5. Drag ‘em to the other time frame. Multi-time frame is where the pot of gold is. Learn to be comfortable extending the run of your profit. This is easier said than done that’s why you need to demo trade it. Most of my big profits came from optimizing my risk (risk is a subjective matter though) and extending the trade to a bigger time frame. You must position your trade well before you do this.

6 -100. The what ifs and their solutions (I’m sure you never get this advice before). A lot of my time was spent figuring out what if things don’t go textbook, this is where you should think about every other possibilities that can happen before, during, and after you exit your trade and find the solution for them.

101. Never skip your rest. Enjoy your weekend!


Sorry Don, I just realised I never replied to this.
Thank you for that.
I'll have a look at the what ifs as well. Assuming they are in your thread?


Yes, I have my own list of what ifs but I was talking about you. You must have a what ifs list because that's where you put all your Q&As, plan BS, alternatives etc.
Do you trade money for time or time for money?

Wizzlebizzle
rank: 50+ posts
rank: 50+ posts
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:02 am
Reputation: 34
Gender: None specified

Re: Let's get real, Wizzle's log

Postby Wizzlebizzle » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:28 am

Little continuation trade +7
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-04-29 at 08.28.06.png
Screenshot 2022-04-29 at 08.28.06.png (29.62 KiB) Viewed 267 times

Wizzlebizzle
rank: 50+ posts
rank: 50+ posts
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:02 am
Reputation: 34
Gender: None specified

Re: Let's get real, Wizzle's log

Postby Wizzlebizzle » Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:45 am

+17 on EA and +10 on GU

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “general”