Let's get real, Wizzle's log

everything that doesn't belong elsewhere cometh here

Moderator: moderators

Wizzlebizzle

Re: Let's get real, Wizzle's log

Postby Wizzlebizzle » Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:17 pm

aliassmith wrote:
Wizzlebizzle wrote:A chart with the trades I took today.

Will see if I can post one with all the trades I saw (mainly in hindsight).

Lessons learnt today:

1. Do not move stops
2. Trade the plan
3. Careful or simple don't trade when I know I might be distracted

I was a bit annoyed with myself for letting this turn into a slight down day (-2.5 pips) BUT, I feel I have learned from it.Screenshot 2022-04-21 at 17.44.37.png

The -6.5 loss seemed to large based on the other trades you marked. Then there was that breakeven, missed opportunity.

Definitely a possible green day. Hope you learned as you mentioned -2.5 isnt terrible if you must lose but an 8 would have been nicer. 8)

Would you have skipped on that trade, based on the size of the stop that was required?

8 would have been nicer indeed. I'm sure Lem will chip in saying "as long as u learn from it" 8)

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:43 pm

Wizzlebizzle wrote:
aliassmith wrote:

Lessons learnt today:

1. Do not move stops
2. Trade the plan

I was a bit annoyed with myself for letting this turn into a slight down day (-2.5 pips) BUT, I feel I have learned from it.Screenshot 2022-04-21 at 17.44.37.png

The -6.5 loss seemed to large based on the other trades you marked. Then there was that breakeven, missed opportunity.

Definitely a possible green day. Hope you learned as you mentioned -2.5 isnt terrible if you must lose but an 8 would have been nicer. 8)

Would you have skipped on that trade, based on the size of the stop that was required?

8 would have been nicer indeed. I'm sure Lem will chip in saying "as long as u learn from it" 8)

What I'd say for me personally, is that seeing an area with a build up of oversized wicks and loads of clustered opens and closes come like that -6 area, I'm drawing a box around it and trading the break/retest/go style of things.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:27 pm

Wizzlebizzle wrote:
aliassmith wrote:

Lessons learnt today:

1. Do not move stops
2. Trade the plan

I probably would have took the trade. Im not sure what my outcome would have been. If that stoploss size was required then thats fine. I couldn't tell for sure from the pic.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

Wizzlebizzle

Postby Wizzlebizzle » Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:42 pm

Have read your messages, will reply later this week. Second half of last week got a bit hectic at work hence my slow reply.

Wizzlebizzle

Postby Wizzlebizzle » Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:58 am

Potential Zline entry at orange line on....EA. I didn't take it because of the congestion/wedge the trade was in.

Had a quick glance at these type of trades on EA and I see why you like it for the dEAdhorse.
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-04-26 at 07.52.23.png
Screenshot 2022-04-26 at 07.52.23.png (82.71 KiB) Viewed 1394 times

Wizzlebizzle

Postby Wizzlebizzle » Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:59 am

I actually took it once it came back down and started wicking and back up through the Zline.

Wizzlebizzle

Postby Wizzlebizzle » Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:01 am

+14 or 1.5R

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:42 am

Wizzlebizzle wrote:Potential Zline entry at orange line on....EA. I didn't take it because of the congestion/wedge the trade was in.

Had a quick glance at these type of trades on EA and I see why you like it for the dEAdhorse.

Yep. That pattern repeats ad infinitum. IMO I never traded the marked areas either, unless it's a one-second move kind of thing and even then I knew I was chancing my luck.

Wizzlebizzle

Postby Wizzlebizzle » Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:45 am

LeMercenaire wrote:
Wizzlebizzle wrote:Potential Zline entry at orange line on....EA. I didn't take it because of the congestion/wedge the trade was in.

Yep. That pattern repeats ad infinitum. IMO I never traded the marked areas either, unless it's a one-second move kind of thing and even then I knew I was chancing my luck.

It was a bit of a shot from the hip kind of thing to be honest. But technically still in line with the plan.

Do you mean the wedge pattern? Just looked at my screenshot again, that red line is the ask line.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:50 am

Wizzlebizzle wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:

It was a bit of a shot from the hip kind of thing to be honest. But technically still in line with the plan.

Do you mean the wedge pattern? Just looked at my screenshot again, that red line is the ask line.

Yeah, the wedge, congestion area. There are obviously ways to trade it, I just never seemed to do so unless I was bored, lol. Never a good thing. :)

Return to “general”