everything that doesn't belong elsewhere cometh here

Moderator: moderators

Braathen

Postby Braathen » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:36 am

Above posts are.. crap..

Goodmorning euro's :)

ret is always 100% so a 22.6 pip box .. 11 pip move
do a 3/4 and your setting a ret of 84% with your new position
but isnt it easier just to do the actual pips instead of procent?
"Trading is the ability to see & to plan & to act; it is not crystal balls, precision entries, and ego stroking."
MO-

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:12 pm

Braathen wrote:Above posts are.. crap..

Goodmorning euro's :)

ret is always 100% so a 22.6 pip box .. 11 pip move
do a 3/4 and your setting a ret of 84% with your new position
but isnt it easier just to do the actual pips instead of procent?

3/4 is a 75% ret or 25% less space.

(3/4) * 33.6 = 4 lots & 25.2 pips from the transaction price.

I guess that I do not get what is so damn difficult.

100% is your PREVIOUS position.

PebbleTrader

Postby PebbleTrader » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:30 pm

Ret was hard for my mind to grasp, When I inverted it, having more or less space was much easier to grasp Braathen.
Life is just a journey

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:06 pm

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

PebbleTrader

Postby PebbleTrader » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:01 pm

as long as I dont think it can get better Ill never again be depressed. Hell, too busy to get depressed anyway.

Depression happens when our life conditions does not match what our expectations of what our life should be and we feel like we can't change the current conditions.

What we can learn to do is change our posture, tone of voice, mindset, expectations (You can usually spot someone that is depressed just by the way they are walking, posture, head down, shoulders down, tone of voice, things they say. Becoming aware of this when you are doing it and correcting it immediately can make the "depressed" state vanish almost instantly)

People that are depressed often focus on NEGATIVITY even though they might not realize it. It takes an increase in awareness to start to see if you see things in a more negative way or positive way most of the time.

One last thing is that they tend to spend the majority of their time in the PAST or the FUTURE. RARELY in the NOW MOMENT.

If you become obsessively focused on a goal, perhaps because you are seeking happiness, fulfillment or a more complete sense of self, the "NOW MOMENT" is no longer honored. It becomes a stepping stone into the future with no intrinsic value. Your life's journey is no longer an adventure, just an obsessive need to arrive, to obtain, to make it. You are always trying to get somewhere other than where you are now.

Life is not about the destination, it's about the journey.

There is no inherent problem in our desire to escalate our goals, as long as you enjoy the struggle along the way. The problem arises when you are so fixated on what you want to achieve that you cease to derive pleasure from the present. When that happens, you forfeit your chance at being content.

What many people never realize is that they have all they could ever need in this very moment, THE NOW MOMENT, it is all you ever have!

Read this over and over and over again until you can SEE THIS!

Happiness is not something that happens. It is not the result of good fortune or random chance. It is not something that money can buy or power can command. It does not depend on outside events, but rather, on how we interpret them. Happiness is a condition that must be prepared for, cultivated and defended privately by each person. People who learn to control inner experience will be able to determine the quality of their lives.

Everything we experience, joy or pain, interest or boredom, is represented in the mind as information. If we are able to control this information, we can decide what are lives will be like.

Optimal experience is something that we make happen.
Life is just a journey

Braathen

Postby Braathen » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:38 pm

MO thanks m8. Very clear explenation :)

Yeah pebble i just realized that when i read MO's post..
was donking my head down into the table.. but smiling at the same time :)

Yeah Krane i see you have the formula there, i even read your thread
but i must have been sleep reading if ya know what i mean :(

I am VERY greatfull for your reply's guys!

"Your life's journey is no longer an adventure, just an obsessive need to arrive, to obtain, to make it. You are always trying to get somewhere other than where you are now." wow dude.. this.. powerfull stuff
"Trading is the ability to see & to plan & to act; it is not crystal balls, precision entries, and ego stroking."
MO-

bredin

Postby bredin » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:41 am

I think most people are negative because they have been taught that it is very important to be right.

Its much easier to be right when you start sentences with "I cant...."

G.
Welcome to the era of "Guns and Maskies" Trading!
The previous message contains discretion. Viewer nudity is advised.
Insanity Industries Indicators Here
Insanity Industries on YouTube!

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:37 am

PebbleTrader wrote:
as long as I dont think it can get better Ill never again be depressed. Hell, too busy to get depressed anyway.

Depression happens when our life conditions does not match what our expectations of what our life should be and we feel like we can't change the current conditions.

What we can learn to do is change our posture, tone of voice, mindset, expectations (You can usually spot someone that is depressed just by the way they are walking, posture, head down, shoulders down, tone of voice, things they say. Becoming aware of this when you are doing it and correcting it immediately can make the "depressed" state vanish almost instantly)

People that are depressed often focus on NEGATIVITY even though they might not realize it. It takes an increase in awareness to start to see if you see things in a more negative way or positive way most of the time.

One last thing is that they tend to spend the majority of their time in the PAST or the FUTURE. RARELY in the NOW MOMENT.

If you become obsessively focused on a goal, perhaps because you are seeking happiness, fulfillment or a more complete sense of self, the "NOW MOMENT" is no longer honored. It becomes a stepping stone into the future with no intrinsic value. Your life's journey is no longer an adventure, just an obsessive need to arrive, to obtain, to make it. You are always trying to get somewhere other than where you are now.

Life is not about the destination, it's about the journey.

There is no inherent problem in our desire to escalate our goals, as long as you enjoy the struggle along the way. The problem arises when you are so fixated on what you want to achieve that you cease to derive pleasure from the present. When that happens, you forfeit your chance at being content.

What many people never realize is that they have all they could ever need in this very moment, THE NOW MOMENT, it is all you ever have!

Read this over and over and over again until you can SEE THIS!

Happiness is not something that happens. It is not the result of good fortune or random chance. It is not something that money can buy or power can command. It does not depend on outside events, but rather, on how we interpret them. Happiness is a condition that must be prepared for, cultivated and defended privately by each person. People who learn to control inner experience will be able to determine the quality of their lives.

Everything we experience, joy or pain, interest or boredom, is represented in the mind as information. If we are able to control this information, we can decide what are lives will be like.

Optimal experience is something that we make happen.

Is some of this directly quoted from "The power of now"? I've got 4 of his books and a few videos. (German dude) Also a lot of that was said in the same fashion by Thich Nhat Hanh (Buddhist) in his book. "Anger". He also had a good one that was titled, "No death, No fear".

Also good to have a refresher.
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

PebbleTrader

Postby PebbleTrader » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:37 am

I don't believe it came from there directly but than again some of it may have come from there as that is one of my favorite books on "Now Moments".

The Power of Now - Eckhart Tolle is a really good book. When I first read it, it took the longest time to read because I'd pause and reflect on what it was saying very often and really take it all in.

I had probably initially stumbled upon it when searching for more on "Now Moment Trading" and was just blown away by the content and how it applied to trading and a way of life.

Most importantly depression is not a disorder nor a chemical imbalance where you need to take pills or other substances to overcome it (at least not for the majority of people)
Life is just a journey

Braathen

Postby Braathen » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:43 am

Hey people! :)

Thought id share my latest trade with you guys.
First picture is the 3 hour with the targets.. i wanted to short at the
45* as shown in pic 2.. after witch it closed above and continued up
to my exit at the 15*.. maybe super mario will make something happen here? I managed to get a 3/5 on both trades witch was very gratifying !?

Custom candles drawn when 2 consecutive candles close higher then something..looking for bodies.. i love custom candles :)
MO-

Return to “general”