Apple Executive dumps stock

everything that doesn't belong elsewhere cometh here

Moderator: moderators

eudamonia

Postby eudamonia » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:00 pm

TheRumpledOne wrote:4x=0:

Most people are NOT civilized. Look at what happens when there is a natural disaster or the electricity is out... looting, rape, vandalism, ... total mayhem. Happens in the USA and the rest of the world. People are animals. The veil of civilization is very thin and fragile. Most people only follow the law out of fear not out of respect.

The fact is you and I are still slaves because we do NOT get to keep all the money that we make. Government, through the threat of violence, confiscation and incarceration, takes part of what we make.

Avery,

All too true. Government is the lie that holds together the "game" of civilization. Needless to say the winners of the game are always manipulating, conning and outright steeling from 95% of us. The failure of the revolutions of the 60s should have taught mankind that they cannot win against the power players with "love" and "peace". The rich and powerful write and re-write the laws and societal tendencies to which we adhere.

Strangely enough this sounds much like a corollary for trading. Only 5% succeed where 95% fail (or statistics to that effect). Are you the wolf or the sheep?

Mankind cannot live in a state of total equality. Utopian projects have started and failed time after time for this reason. And nearly always because of someone on the inside who wanted power.

I disagree with you on one point. If I had $100 million I would not stop playing the game. Not because I needed money, but for the thrill of the game. The only thing that would change would be the level of the playing field I engaged in.

Edward

P.S. to 4x=0: If this still bothers your sense of justness look at this way. Your wealth is no more or less great than 35% of the wealthiest in the world (as per the U.S.'s last average income analysis). Hence if you feel sorry for the poor bugger starving elsewhere you should surrender your wealth and live on their level. And you should do it immediately if your conscience still bothers you. If I hear from you in another post I will have to assume that you are still living like a fat merchant in Edo during the Tokugawa period and deep down you really don't give a damn about anyone else :wink:

Which truth be told is the way it ought to be.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

4x=0

Postby 4x=0 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:44 pm

OH Yah, I'm going to give up trading because i feel guilty!!!

This is what I'm talking about boys. AN ISLAND!!

( well almost )
Last edited by 4x=0 on Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:44 pm

"I disagree with you on one point. If I had $100 million I would not stop playing the game. Not because I needed money, but for the thrill of the game. The only thing that would change would be the level of the playing field I engaged in. "

Life is too short to waste it.

I would be having fun doing other things instead of watching charts all day long. But if you are having fun trading, more power to you.

But with $100 million in my account, I could think of a lot of things to do that are way more fun than trading, that's for sure!! I bet you could too.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Patch

Postby Patch » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:12 am

eudamonia wrote:
TheRumpledOne wrote:4x=0:

Most people are NOT civilized. Look at what happens when there is a natural disaster or the electricity is out... looting, rape, vandalism, ... total mayhem. Happens in the USA and the rest of the world. People are animals. The veil of civilization is very thin and fragile. Most people only follow the law out of fear not out of respect.

EDWARD,

I MUST TELL YOU THAT I AGREE WITH YOU AND DISAGREE WITH YOU. THIS MORNING I TOLD MY WIFE THAT FORGET ABOUT INVESTING IN GOLD, BUY WATER. HOW MUCH WOULD SHE BE WILLING TO PAY FOR A GLASS OF WATER IF SHE WAS THRISTY AND DYING OF THIRST? FIVE MINUTES LATER FOX NEWS CABLE HAD A REPORT ON THIS VERY TOPIC ABOUT THE VERY SERIOUS SITUATION IN ATLANTA AND VACINITY. YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT THAT WE LIVE IN AN A-MORAL AND IMMORAL TIME. I TOLD MY WIFE, THAT AS BELIEVERS IN JESUS CHRIST AS OUR SAVIOR, WITH 20 GALLONS OF WATER IN OUR BASEMENT, HOW MUCH WOULD A CUP OF WATER BE WORTH TO A MAN OR WOMAN DIEING OF THIRST WITH A FIST FULL OF GOLD? OR SHOULD WE BE WILLING TO GIVE IT TO THEM TOTALLY FREE? AND WHAT IF HE OR SHE HAD A GUN FULL OF BULLETS?

The fact is you and I are still slaves because we do NOT get to keep all the money that we make. Government, through the threat of violence, confiscation and incarceration, takes part of what we make.

EDWARD,

THIS IS WERE YOU TOTALLY LOSE ME. AMERICA IS NOT A PERFECT COUNTRY. BUT TELL ME WHAT OTHER COUNTRY IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU WOULD RATHER BE IN RIGHT NOW? IF YOU PERFER RUSSIA, IRAN, ?SWEDEN, YOU NAME IT, I WILL BUY YOU A ONE WAY TICKET, AND NEVER COME BACK TO THE GOOD OLD USA. I CAN NOT BELIEVED THE CRAP YOU ARE SAYING IN THIS POST. ARE YOU THE SAME MAN I WALKED UP THE MOUNTAIN IN BEAUTIFUL ARIZON WITH?

EDWARD, WHERE ELSE IN THIS WORLD, TODAY, WOULD YOU RATHER BE, RIGHT NOW? TELL ME AND I WILL BUY YOU A ONE WAY TICKET TO GO THERE FOREVER...AND NEVER COME BACK. I AM ASTONISHED BY THIS POST BY YOU.

YOUR FRIEND,
PATCH THE PIRATE
IN VA

Avery,

All too true. Government is the lie that holds together the "game" of civilization. Needless to say the winners of the game are always manipulating, conning and outright steeling from 95% of us. The failure of the revolutions of the 60s should have taught mankind that they cannot win against the power players with "love" and "peace". The rich and powerful write and re-write the laws and societal tendencies to which we adhere.

Strangely enough this sounds much like a corollary for trading. Only 5% succeed where 95% fail (or statistics to that effect). Are you the wolf or the sheep?

Mankind cannot live in a state of total equality. Utopian projects have started and failed time after time for this reason. And nearly always because of someone on the inside who wanted power.

I disagree with you on one point. If I had $100 million I would not stop playing the game. Not because I needed money, but for the thrill of the game. The only thing that would change would be the level of the playing field I engaged in.

Edward

P.S. to 4x=0: If this still bothers your sense of justness look at this way. Your wealth is no more or less great than 35% of the wealthiest in the world (as per the U.S.'s last average income analysis). Hence if you feel sorry for the poor bugger starving elsewhere you should surrender your wealth and live on their level. And you should do it immediately if your conscience still bothers you. If I hear from you in another post I will have to assume that you are still living like a fat merchant in Edo during the Tokugawa period and deep down you really don't give a damn about anyone else :wink:

Which truth be told is the way it ought to be.

Patch

EDWARD, TELL ME IT AIN'T SO...

Postby Patch » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:16 am

EDWARD

IF I WERE EX04 I WOULD BE INCLINED TO CUSS ON LINE RIGHT NOW. DO YOU REALLY MEAN WHAT YOU SAID IN YOUR RECENT POST? PLEASE TELL ME IS NOT SO. AMERICA, THE USA AIN'T PERFECT, I WONDER WHAT COUNTRY IS NUMBER TWO IN YOUR MIND?

TELL ME IT AIN'S SO
YOUR FRIEND, PATCH

Patch

USD is going down more...

Postby Patch » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:21 am

PS.
THE USD IS ABOUT TO DROP LIKE A ROCK. IF YOU HAVE IT LONG, EXIT ASAP. WHAT WE HAVE SEEN WITH THE DROP OF THE USD IS A DROP IN THE BUCKET OVER THE PAST COUPLE OF MONTHS. AS THE BARROW OF OIL GOES UP, THE US BUCK GOES DOWN. JB

eudamonia

Re: EDWARD, TELL ME IT AIN'T SO...

Postby eudamonia » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:26 pm

Patch wrote:EDWARD

IF I WERE EX04 I WOULD BE INCLINED TO CUSS ON LINE RIGHT NOW. DO YOU REALLY MEAN WHAT YOU SAID IN YOUR RECENT POST? PLEASE TELL ME IS NOT SO. AMERICA, THE USA AIN'T PERFECT, I WONDER WHAT COUNTRY IS NUMBER TWO IN YOUR MIND?

TELL ME IT AIN'S SO
YOUR FRIEND, PATCH

I think you're leaping to conclusions Jeff. I basically said that government is a false construct. The majority of us don't obey all of the laws because they are just but because of the fear of punishment. How many times have you gone faster than the speed limit?

As far as the virtue of the good 'ol US of A is concerned, how about those American Indians buddy? Or anyone else who's stood in our way for the past 200 years? America is great because our government has manipulated, destroyed and lied to whoever and whenever it has been necessary. It used to be proudly held high with statements like - Manifest Destiny. We are especially good at killing or subjugating brown people (I didn't say it first a famous American General did - can you guess who?) and stealing their resources. This is not some abstract theory or liberal rant it is just the facts.

In the past forty years we've grown a conscience and have been less liberal in our enslaving the masses. Heck women and people of color (that's how they used to be referred to not that long ago) can even vote (although they still don't have anything that can be called social equality). Of course this too is a ploy to manipulate the masses into thinking that we are "just", "democratic", and merely taking "police actions" where democracy has not had a chance to flourish. More smoke and mirrors.

On your last point about expatriating, I've seriously considered it. And actually there are numerous wonderful and liberal countries to consider. I especially like Singapore, Panama, and Croatia. And before you talk about what you "think" those countries are like, I've actually visited these places. Have you?

There are numerous others that I would consider. Unfortunately the good 'ol US of A won't let me leave. Well I can physically leave but I will never escape the TAX MAN :shock: You see the USA will continue to tax any citizen for up to 10 years after leaving this country even if they live and make their money elsewhere. Why? Because they want to get theirs. Of course the US holds this dubious characteristic with one other very liberal and free country in the world - why Libya of course. :wink:

To answer your final question, I'm still the guy you talked with in Arizona on that couple mile hike. I'm still all about freedom. Although George W. talks a lot about freedom he and many presidents before him continue to manipulate and outright destroy anyone who opposes them. The only freedom left in the USA is to those who are in power. If you aren't in that 1% you are being controlled. Big Brother is watching.

Edward

P.S. For those of you who have a serious interest in leaving the country and would like a less biased view point try the following links:

http://www.escapeartist.com/
http://www.offshorepress.com/vkjcpa/expatriation.htm
http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/int ... 45,00.html

P.P.S For those of you who haven't read their history or would like to see how we are making the same mistakes today in Iraq read the following:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manifest_Destiny
http://images.indymedia.org/imc/washing ... deshow.pdf
http://www.firstpeople.us/FP-Html-Legen ... -Hopi.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of ... ted_States

Return to “general”